Status: ACTIVE!!!!

Promise Me You'll Never Feel Afraid

Goodnight Kiss

CINDER’S POV

Zacky sat on the couch, watching me as I paced the floor of the living room.

“Why aren’t they back yet? Is she okay? What if something happened? What if they got into an accident? What if-“ I rambled, my anxiety starting to rear it’s ugly head.

“What if they just got stuck in traffic?” Zacky interrupted, grabbing my wrist and pulling me to sit down next to him.

“I guess that’spossible but what if-“ I started.

“What if we stop with the what if questions?” Zacky laughed. My brow furrowed as I tried to make sense of what he just said.

“You’re really tired. You should go to bed. Lyric will be back tomorrow morning, I promise.” He assured me. I shook my head.

“I’m going to wait for her. I have to make sure she’s okay.” I insisted. He sighed.

“Lets get you up to your bedroom at least. She’ll probably be asleep when she gets here anyway.” He reasoned. I sighed and nodded, standing up.

“Fine. Here’s your hoodie,” I said, shrugging it off and handing it to him. He shook his head.

“Sleep in it. But we need to change your gauze.” He replied, standing up from the couch and taking my hand. He led me into the bathroom and sat me down on the closed toilet seat.

“Promise not to go anywhere?” He hesistated by the door. I nodded.

“I’m too fucking tired. Plus this house is too big to get anywhere.” I assured him. He nodded, content with that answer, and walked out of the bathroom, shutting the door behind him. He returned a minute later with a fresh roll of the white cloth.

“Give me your arm.” He instructed. I rolled my eyes.

“I can do it myself.” I told him.

“Shut up and just give it to me, okay? I’m tired too!” He grumbled. I sighed and gave him my arm.

“Sorry.” He muttered, taking off the old, bloody gauze and tossing it in the trashcan.

“Jesus Christ, Cinder. What the fuck did you do to yourself?” He asked, inspecting the cuts on my arm.

“I….nothing.” I muttered. He shook his head and kissed my arm lightly.

“Why?” He asked after a moment, staring up into my eyes. I closed my eyes and buried my face into my hands.

“It’s not…I just…You won’t understand…” I whispered, shaking my head. He gently used his forefinger to push my chin up.

“Tell me.” He said softly but firmly. I buried my face back into my hands, tears making their way down my face.

“I-I can’t. Not now.” I whimpered. He sighed and nodded, unrolling the white gauze and looking down at my arm.

“Do you promise me that you’ll tell me once you’re ready?” He asked. I nodded.

“I promise. Now can you…?” I trailed off, gesturing towards my forearms. He nodded and began wrapping the white cloth around one of my arms before starting on the other one.

“Done.” He proclaimed, standing up. I smiled, but immediately frowned when he picked me up bridal style against his chest.

“I can fucking walk by myself!” I snarled.

“I know you can, but you’re tired and will hurt yourself!” He growled back. I sighed, but settled into his arms as he carried me into the room I shared with Lyric. He set me down onto the bed, helping me get under the covers.

“Goodnight, Cin.” He whispered. I got comfortable and turned my head to look at him. Little did I know that he had bent down to press a kiss to my forehead. My eyes widened as I felt his warm mouth press against mine. Seconds later, he pulled away. I felt a small smile spread across my face and noticed one dancing across his lips as well. He grinned at me before straightening up and walking out of the room quietly. I reached up and touched my mouth, blushing, before getting comfortable in Zacky’s hoodie. I was prepared to stay up all night…or at least until Lyric came back.

I had to know she was safe.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! I'm gonna be gone for 10 days on a cruise, so after my lovely co-author updates you'll have to wait a bit. It won't be that different cause I take forever to update anyway :P

Thanks for reading, commenting (hint hint), and subscribing!