For Eternity

Chapter Two.

Mila sat across the table from Oliver. She stared at him, his tattoos, mostly. He looked interesting, colorful. It intrigued her.

Her parents and his parents were in the living room, discussing plans for the wedding already. It had only been two days since the two found out, yet they still hadn’t talked. Their parents were forcing them together, in the dining room, at the table, with tea, to talk. Mila didn’t mind, though. If she was going to marry him, it would be nice to know him.

“What’s your full name?” She spoke as she picked her cup up from the china pate. She took a small sip of tea and sat it back down, all the while still staring at him. Oliver looked up from the table to stare at her.

“Oliver Scott Sykes.” He spoke, his voice boomed over hers in his thick English accent. Of course, Mila had a slight English accent, but she wasn’t from England. She had moved there from America when she was seven.

“Mila Nicole Davis. What’s your favorite colour?” She was determined to know random facts about him. She knew her parents were going to ask her what she found out, so she might as well go ahead and get it over with. It’s not that she didn’t like him; she didn’t like the situation. She was a free, independent person and didn’t feel she needed a man in her life, but her parents thought otherwise. There was really nothing she could do about it, though, so she decided to make the best of it.

“Purple or blue. I can never decide which I like better.” Oliver stared at her with a blank expression. He had no idea why she was trying to make an effort, but he wouldn’t complain. He thought his parents did a good job picking a bird like her. She was different from the usual girls he dated and it was refreshing. He wanted something new. There was no denying he thought she was fit, either.

“How many sex partners have you had?” Mila spoke boldly, but added, “I just think we should know, you know, since we’ll be married and all. I feel it’s necessary to know. I don’t mind telling you my number. It’s one. That’s the honest truth, I promise.”

Oliver nodded his head. He didn’t mind the question. Although most people thought he was a man-whore for his profession, he really wasn’t. He had a lot of sex, but he didn’t have a lot of sex partners. “Three.”

Mila looked around the room. She was bored of sitting there. She stood up from her seat quietly to peak around the corner, into the living room. Their parents were chatting away non-stop. Mila grinned.

She turned back around and walked straight over to Oli. “Let’s ditch this place. I don’t care if they get mad, this is boring.”

Oli looked up at her and shrugged his shoulders. He agreed with her. “Alright, let’s go.”

He stood up from the table and followed Mila down to hallway, to the back door. She opened it quietly and slipped out. Oliver slipped out after and Mila closed the door quietly.

“We’ll have to walk. If they hear my car start, they’ll obviously know something is up. There’s a coffee shop not too far away. Come on.” She nodded her head once, in the direction of the coffee shop, and walked down the street toward it. Her heels clacked against the cement road as she walked. Oliver smirked; he liked her already. She had shown him she wasn’t too good of a girl, that she could potentially be bad if she wanted.

Oliver followed her into the coffee shop. Mila led him up to the counter and immediately ordered a French Vanilla coffee. She was there often.

Mila turned to Oliver, “What do you want? My treat.” She smiled at him as she waited for him to order.

Oliver stared at the menu for a moment before he spoke, “I’ll just have the same.”

The cashier nodded and put their orders in. Mila paid for both and took the cups from the man when he was done. She handed one cup to Oliver, then walked to the back of the coffee shop. She sat down at a table next to a window. Oliver followed her and sat down across from her.

Mila took a sip of her coffee before she spoke, “What do you think of this whole situation?”

Oliver shrugs his shoulders. “I don’t know. I didn’t even think it was legal, but I guess it is if they’re doing it. My parents told me they’re tired of me traveling and not having someone to come home to after. After my last girlfriend, Amanda, I haven’t dated much. I loved her, but we were both always traveling. It just didn’t work. If she was on break, I was touring. When I was on break, she was out doing runway shows and shit. She was a model, by the way. I’ll be honest; I was in love with her. My parents know this, too, so I guess they’re just trying to help me out. I’m really not quite sure what to think, though. I mean, you seem like a perfect bird for me so far, but I don’t like the idea of being told who I need to spend the rest of my life with, you know?”

For some reason, Oliver found it easy to talk to her about something so personal. He didn’t know why, but he liked it. He liked being able to talk about things so easily, especially if he was going to have to marry her. He took a sip of his coffee and watched her.

Mila stared out the window. She went through a situation with a boy before, but it wasn’t similar to Oli’s situation. She felt she knew how he felt, though. Or close to it. “I agree with that. Maybe it won’t be so bad, though. I mean, we’re already getting along.”

She looks from the window to smile at him. Oliver nodded his head as he smiled back. “That is true. We ar-“

Oliver was cut off by the ringing of a phone. Mila sat her coffee down on the table and searched through her pockets for her phone. She pulled it out and looked at the caller ID.

“Fuck, it’s my mum.” She sighed heavily before she answered the phone. “Yes, mum?”

“Mila! Get your arse back to the house, now! We have things to talk about!” Oliver could hear her mother shouting from his end of the table. Mila winced, but wasn’t able to respond because her mother ended the call.

Mila sighed and stood up from the table. “Come on, we should go.”

The two walked back to Mila’s house. Mila led Oliver inside the front. There was no point in coming in through the back since they had already been caught. It was pretty sad that she was twenty one and couldn’t go out without being screamed at by her mother.

“Mila, Oliver? Can you come here for a moment?” Mr. Davis called from the living room. Mila glanced at Oliver with an “I’m sorry” kind of expression. Oliver simply shook his head with a smile and followed her into the living room.

“Oh, Mila, dear. You need to cancel ballet practice tomorrow. Carol and I are taking you to look for a wedding dress.” Mrs. Davis smiled as she spoke.

The coffee in Mila’s hand slipped from her fingers and hit the floor. Why the fuck were they looking for a dress so early? She and Oliver had barely had any time to get to know each other and now they wanted to look for a dress so soon? Mila thought her heart would pound out of her chest.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one was a bit boring. I'm sorry for that, but we needed a chapter of them talking a bit. The next one will be better, though. I promise. (:

Tell me what you think?