For Eternity

Chapter Three.

Mila stood up on the platform, in front of the three mirrors. Her mother and Carol were seated on the couch to the side, watching her. Mila was currently trying on her seventh dress.

Mila hated this. She didn’t want to be picking out a wedding dress so early; they had just found out not two days ago they would be getting married. Mila felt forced, because she was. She didn’t mind Oliver; she was actually quite fond of him, but he wasn’t someone she would marry. Personality wise, maybe, but she didn’t like the tattoos. They were very unattractive in her eyes. She wondered why her mother had chosen such a man with such an appearance, when she hated body art herself.

“That dress looks lovely, Mila.” Mrs. Davis encouraged with a smile on her face. Mila rolled her eyes as she stared at herself in the mirror.

“Mother, you said that about the last six dresses. If you want me to go through with this absurd plan then let me have a dress I want and will enjoy.” Mila stepped down from the platform. She ignored her mother’s calls as she made her way back into the dressing room to try on the next dress.

The bridal specialist stepped into the room after Mila to help her out of the current dress. “I’ll be right back with the next dress they have picked out for you, ma’am.”

The lady hung the dress up then walked back out of the room. Mila slumped down in the chair and fixed her strapless bra so she wouldn’t be exposed. She was tired of trying on dresses for a wedding she didn’t even want. She wondered how Oliver felt.

Oliver and Mr. Davis, along with a few of Oliver’s friends, were packing Mila’s things and moving them into Oliver’s home. Why, on Earth, their parents were making them live together already was beyond Mila, but she didn’t like it. She barely knew anything about Oliver. Just because she was fond of him from what she knew, didn’t mean she was comfortable living with him already. It didn’t make since to her why her parents were rushing them into this.

Mila looked up at the bridal specialist returned. Her breath caught in her throat as she saw the dress in the lady’s hand. It was perfect. Mila stood up from the chair and let the lady help her into the dress. As soon as Mila looked at herself in the mirror, she knew the dress was the one. She practically fell in love with it.

As soon as Mila stepped up onto the platform, her mother burst into tears. Mila grinned, because she knew that meant her mother loved the dress. Carol smiled widely at the girl through the mirror and nodded her head in approval.
~

Mila wrapped her arms around herself as she stood in front of Oliver’s flat building. She wasn’t excited to see her new home, but she knew fighting her mother over this was no use; Mila and Oliver’s parents already had everything planned out.

Mila could see her car parked in the parking lot, courtesy of her father. She grabbed her bag out of her mother’s car and slung it over her shoulder. She was almost angry at the situation.

Mila’s mother ushered her inside and to the elevator. She pressed the button for what Mila assumed was Oliver’s floor; three. Mila followed her mother out of the elevator once it stopped. She followed her halfway down the hallway, before her mother turned to the left and knocked on door C12. Mila inwardly rolled her eyes. She honestly didn’t want to be living with him already.

Oliver opened the door in mere seconds. He smiled at the two and stepped aside to allow them in. Mrs. Davis nudges Mila inside, but made no movement to walk inside herself.

“I need to be going. Mila, be nice. I’ll see you two tomorrow after Mila’s ballet practice so we can discuss the wedding plans.” Mrs. Davis smiled then turned to leave. Mila groaned loudly and fought the urge to run after her mother to hit her.

Oliver chuckled at the girl as she shut and locked the door. He raised one eyebrow at her. “I put your things in the guest room. I assumed you wouldn’t want to share a room just yet.”

Mila sighed, relieved. “Thank you.”

She turned slightly to look around the place. She had to admit, his flat wasn’t terrible. Better than hers, actually. She nodded in approval then removed her heels from her feet. She held them in one hand as she walked further into the flat.

“Uh, your room is there, to the left.” Oliver pointed across the flat, to a white door. Mila turned to smile at him then walked toward her room.

“Again, thank you.” Mila disappeared into her room. As she looked around, she noticed everything was in place. Her bed was in the center of the room, made, with all of her millions of pillows. Her closet contained all of her clothes, hung up, with her shoes neatly placed below, on the floor. Her Chester drawer was beside the closet, parallel to her bed, with all of her feminine things neatly organized atop. She smiled, because her father knew her all too well.

A knock on the door startle Mila, causing her to turn to look at the source. Oliver stood there, in the door way, with a small smile in his face. “Sorry, love. I made dinner, if you’re hungry.”

Oliver nodded his head once then turned on his heel to walk to the kitchen. Mila bit her lip softly; she didn’t know what to do. She felt it would be rude to completely ignore his offer, but she didn’t want any awkward dinners.

Mila sighed when she realized she should have dinner with him. She wanted to be comfortable, though, so she changed into a sleep t-shirt and a pair of sleep shorts. She took her hair down from the bun it had been in and shook it out. She placed her shoes in the closet and threw her clothes in the hamper then walked out to join Oliver.

Dinner went surprisingly well. The two conversed easily and the meal Oliver had cooked wasn’t the worst thing Mila had eaten. After, the two made themselves some ice cream and sat on the couch with a random movie popped in.

Mila tucked her legs underneath her, criss-cross style, as she took a bite of her ice cream, her eyes glued to the telly. The movie was scary, but she loved it. It didn’t scare her like it did most girls. When she was done with her ice cream, she placed it on the coffee table and settled back against in to the couch. She moved her legs to the side of her so she was leaning more toward Oliver. It wasn’t on purpose; she was just comfortable that way.

Oliver looked over at her and smiled. He didn’t know if it would be a bad idea or not, but he slid his arm over her shoulders and pulled her closer to his side. Mila didn’t mind; she cuddled loser to him and laid her head against his shoulder.

“Despite the circumstances, I’m really glad I met you, Mila.” Oliver grinned down at the blond as he lightly shook her shoulders. He didn’t want to get all serious with her, but he felt she should know, because it was the truth.
♠ ♠ ♠
HEY, GUYS. Don't hate me for taking so long to update! I was having laptop trouble and that's the honest truth.
BUT I got this boring ol' thing out for ya(:
Hint, hint: The updates would be faster if more people commented though. :p
Anyways, what do you think?
Here is her dress: le dress~

Also, go read: Remember Me, Addicted, and Empty Words