Status: completed

Be Free, Be You

Twenty-Eight

He pulled me into him and moaned my name again as he placed kisses along my jaw bone. We had come so close to do it, it was almost scary how willing I had been to give it up. I was so ready to give him myself, all of myself. I curled into his arms and snuggled into the covers and into him. I was only wearing my underwear and he was only wearing his boxers and my chest was pressed against his.

He kissed my lips again, this time they held a bit of guilt, “I’m sorry for getting carried away.” He whispered, “Just, the way you say my name, my real name...” I felt the heat build between his legs again and I let out a soft laugh before kissing him once more.

“You weren’t the only one who got carried away,” I tilted my chin upward so that I look right into his eyes as I breathed out, “Arthur.”

A shudder passed through his body and he wrapped his arms around me and hungrily stole another very heated kiss. “Now you’re just being mean.” I laughed as he gave me a pleading face as I pulled away and out from the covers. I could feel his eyes look me over again as I searched for my bra and a shirt. “Remind me again why we stopped?” He laughed and sat himself up against the headboard.

I smiled at him as I clipped my bra on, “Because I’m a virgin and it’s way too soon.” He sighed and motioned for me to come over to him once I found the shirt I had been wearing. I slipped it on and sat on the bed with him. “Because I want to make sure this is real between us and I’m not being played.”

I could see the hurt flash across his eyes, “I’m not playing you, I would never do that to you.”

I sighed, “I know, but I’ve been burned.” He nodded and kissed my forehead. “I’m sorry I’m so complicated.”

He smiled, “I like you complicated.” He kissed me softly again, “I like you.”

I smiled back and looked at my phone for the time, it was almost four in the afternoon. “I should be getting home.” I said with a frown.

“Alright but can you at least hand me my pants before you go?” He laughed and I obliged to his wish. We kissed each other goodbye and I left still wearing his shirt with my jeans. As I drove home the past hours events replayed in my head and I felt myself stupidly smile and blush. What is he doing to me? He had a grip on me like no one else had, I knew that I’d do anything he asked me to, even if I hated the idea and that both left me terrified and joyful.

I pulled onto my street to find Puckerman’s truck in my driveway. My sisterly instincts told me to hurry up and get my ass in there so that’s exactly what I did after checking to make sure I didn’t have sex hair, even though I didn’t have sex. I hauled ass to the front door and burst it open to find Steph and Puck sitting in the den eating popcorn and watching the TV. To say I was surprised would be the understatement of the century. When Steph realized I was standing there her face lit up like a tomato and we quickly shoved Puckerman’s arm off of her and stood.

“Oh sorry, was I interrupting something?” I asked with a brow raised and my arms crossed, my inner bitchy sister waking up.

“I-It’s not what it looks like, Val.” She tried to get out but I shot her a look but something in her eyes changed. “Oh stop it, it not like we were having sex like you were!”

Puckerman got up from the sofa, a look of shock passing through his idiotic features, “Woah what? Val had sex...?” A few tense moments passed as steam rose from his ears. “Hole shit with Artie?!”

I raised my brows slightly in shock but I didn’t let the hurt show on my face. I turned my ice cold gaze on Stephanie, “For your information you little brat I didn’t have sex.” I pushed past her and got to the bottom of the steps not saying another word.

“I saw the look on your face when I left!” She shouted at my back. “You slept with him, I know you did!”

Without turning around I answered her, “Shut up, I’m done talking to you.” I went up the steps and was sure to slam my bedroom door shut.

After I was sure to lock it and turn my music on loud I let myself scream out my rage into my pillow. My ager passed quickly so I just laid on my bed numb. If I knew I was going to be judged whether or not I slept with him, I would have slept with him.

My phone chimed with a text from Santana: Last minute practice, starts in twenty minutes!

I let out a groan and hauled myself up to get changed into my practice clothes. I grab my phone and gym bag with my water bottle and head downstairs to fill it. I found Steph and Puckerman with their heads in the refrigerator and I scowled at them before shoving Puckerman to the side in order to get to the water dispenser on the freezer door.

Puckerman shot me a glare of his own before saying, “Alright, you need to chill Miss Bitch.” I let out my sarcastic laugh as I filled my red Cheerios water bottle. Steph stood there like a deer in headlights as I ignored her and her petty little friend.

Once my bottle was full I headed toward the door and shouted out behind me, “Have fun fucking with each other!”

I made sure to slam the front door on my way out and I glared at the road ahead of me as a drove away. Stephanie had no right to be that judgemental and what the hell was up with Puckerman being at the house? She’s probably being played just like I knew she’d be. Too bad I don’t care anymore.

I arrived at practice just as everyone else was and was instantly pulled to the side by Brittany and Santana. “Coach Sylvester said because the crowds don’t seem to be as pumped we’re getting another new routine.” Santana said with an eye roll.

I cocked a hip out and crossed my arms, “Seriously?”

Santana nodded and Jenna strolled over with a posture identical to mine. “The football team isn’t even here today so we can’t go watch them after.” She pouted and threw in a dramatic sigh at the end.

Brittany chewed the inside of her lip, “I think I left my unicorn gate open..”

We gave her weird stares but kept talking, “So want to tell us why you canceled on me last night?” Jenna asked with a raised brow.

I bit my lip and secretly stole a glance at Brittany, knowing that even though she was with Santana now, didn’t mean she was totally over Artie. “I was with my boyfriend.”

Their jaws dropped but before they could pounce on me Coach Sylvester called everyone over to begin. Practice began with us running a mile warm up run and then getting into our stunt groups for games. Unfortunately that meant Jenna could whisper her questions to me when we were waiting for the counts. Practice seemed to go on for forever and I now found myself stripping the disgustingly sweaty practice clothes off and changing into my Cheerio warm up suit.

“Come on, who is he?” Jenna had practically been begging me for the whole duration of practice.

I again rolled my eyes, “You need to butt out.”

Santana and Brittany came over and the three of them cornered me against my gym locker. “Spill. Now.” Santana said with a threatenly monotone voice.

I chewed my bottom lip and pulled out my phone, “Just let me call him and make sure he’s okay with me tell you, okay?” They all gave me the eye but agreed, I was able to step are enough away that they wouldn’t be able to hear the conversation.

“Hey,” he answered after the fourth ring.

“Santana, Jenna and Brittany have me cornered in the locker room and are demanding I tell them who my boyfriend is, are you okay with it..?” I had spoken so quickly I wasn’t sure he heard me correctly when I recieved a soft laugh. “What’s so funny?”

“I didn’t ask you to be my girlfriend so we could hide it,” he said it with nonchalance but I could practically see the familiar boyish nerves in his eyes.

I let out relieved sigh, “Okay, I’ll see you tomorrow to practice right?”

“Yep,” I heard shuffling in the background. “I’ve got to go, Mom just got home and is asking twenty questions about you at once.”

I laughed and that earned questioning glances from the girls, “Yeah, and I have to go fend for myself against three nosy cheerleaders. Wish me luck.”

He chuckled with me, “Luck is wished, baby.” I let a big, dopey smile spread itself along my cheeks and hung up.

“So..?” Jenna asked with a hand on her hip.

“Artie, Artie Abrams is my boyfriend.”
♠ ♠ ♠
enjoyyy (:

xox