Despair

Introduction to Micah

Yo. I'm Micah and I am 18.

I am secretly in love with Ala Minisow.

Except she's 15. That's three years younger than me.

It's kind of hard to get to know her when she refuses to talk to me.

Her best friend is Alessandra. Alessandra keeps her from talking to me. Something about protecting her from heartbreak from not being able to talk to me at all.

I play football. The varsity cheerleaders hang all over me, and yes, they're sexy and hot. But Ala is beautiful, inside and out.

I heard from an inside source that Ala works at a soup kitchen on weekends, and helps out the local daycare after school. Maybe I should help out, too. It would give me a chance to talk to her.

*

When I asked Ala to come to the park with me, I had expected her to say no. But she twiddled her thumbs and I was proved wrong.

She said yes.

So we ran outside and hopped into the truck and headed towards Nation Park.

Ala refused to talk at all during the ride there. It was awkward silence.

When we got there, we walked towards the benches that surround a fountain. I sat down against the fountain and Ala followed my lead.

She looked amazing with a simple pair of dark khaki shorts, a flowered blouse, a pair of light pink wedges, flower earrings, flower ring, and a black bookbag. Don't ask me how I know so much about women's clothes. I live with my mother, and one older and one younger sister. I have to be the 'man of the house' since my dad left us a few years ago.

"Why are you wearing so much flowery stuff?" I asked Ala, trying to make conversation.

She blushed and said, "My mom used to sing me a song about a lonely flower. So now everytime I want to remember her, I remember flowers."

"What happened to her? I mean, you're mom," I say, urging her for more information.

"She died a few months ago." Her face falls and tears well up in her eyes. I can tell the pain is still fresh. "And before she died, she told me never to date anyone more than one year older than me."

"Why?"

A tear runs down her cheek and I brush it off with my thumb. "She never got the chance to tell me."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please!