Status: Active =)

Seize the Day

The Beginning

Life leads us to the choice of venturing into the unknown for every mistake or decision we make each day. Even when we make the most simplest of decisions we could be walking into a world of something outside our comfort zone, outside where we feel safe. Sometimes those places become somewhere we do feel safe. Sometimes it changes our view on everything we know, and the things we love become the opposite.

For me, the first time I stepped completely outside of my comfort zone was when I listened to my husband. I was stressing out about work and the baby on the way, that I was starting to hallucinate and lose sleep I needed to deliver our baby girl healthy. He introduced me to a chatroom specifically designed for girlfriends and wives. It took quite a few arguments on my part to finally agree to do it after four days of no sleep.

So, as I sat down on our bed, resting my head on his chest, I opened my laptop and typed dramatically slow to get to the website. I felt the silent chuckle he let out as his chest vibrated lightly at my defiance. I couldn’t keep the smile off my face when he kissed the top of my head while it was loading.

“What am I going to be called?” I mused as I drummed my fingers lightly on the keys as to not press anything. the blank next to “username” stared straight back at me.

“MILF.” He murmured against my hair with a smile on his face. I rolled my eyes playfully and typed in “HouseOfWolves” with a satisfied smile on my face. After filling out everything I needed to, I went in search for an already made topic. There was one, with someone by the username of “LifeGoesOn”. I clicked on it to enter, and someone called “musicislife227” followed me on shortly after.

Hey, I’m Elaine. LifeGoesOn wrote. I smiled slightly replying with my own name.

Lulu. Came the short reply of musicislife227. After a few minutes of mindless chatter and getting to know each other, musicislife227 cut LifeGoesOn short of explaining her college paper.

Why don’t we cut to the chase, guys? We’re here to vent and let loose because we can’t around the people we come in contact with now. Quite frankly I’m certain we haven’t met each other and we all live in different states. What do we have to lose besides respect for people we don’t even know?

She did make a good point. LifeGoesOn must have thought so too because she okay’d it, asking who wanted to go first. After a long three minutes of no one replying, I hesitantly offered myself up.

Great! Start at whatever point in your life you want. We’re here to help and support you. Musicislife227 replied, something I already knew was uncharacteristic of her. I bit my lip gently, not writing anything for a few minutes.

“Junior year?” He asked softly in my ear. I nodded in agreement, it was where most of my problems started. It was where I met more drama than ever in my life. But I guess that was highschool.

Taking a deep breath, I prepared myself to launch into a explanation on the last five years of my life. Starting when I was 17.
♠ ♠ ♠
I promise it gets better than this, I'll update tomorrow to show you it in fact DOES get better =D