If I Was Your Boyfriend

one hundred-thirty.

‘Justin, are you being serious right now?’ I question looking down at him.

‘I don’t think I would play with you about something like this. I do enjoy my share of pranks and practical jokes but I’m not that cruel.’ Justin promises with a genuine smile on his face. ‘So what do you say Chrissy?’

‘Okay.’

‘Okay?’

‘This is crazy, you’re crazy but yes.’ I agree without further hesitation.

‘Are we actually doing this?’ he slides the ring onto my finger with a surprised expression. ‘I love you so much.’

‘I love you too, Jay.’ I beam throwing my arms around his neck. ‘I love you so much.’

‘You’re my everything, Chris.’ Justin pulls me close to him holding me in his arms.

‘You’re my everything.’ I repeat quietly.

‘You are all that matters to me.’

‘Are you really quoting your own song right now?’

‘Sure, why not?’ he shrugs before pressing his lips to mine.

People around us started cheering and clapping as they stand to their feet. Justin laughs and waves to them then grabs a hold of my hand.

‘Do you want to get out of here?’

‘Yes.’ I agree leaning my head on his chest.



We get back to Justin’s hotel room where he goes to call Ryan to invite them over so we can tell them the news. Justin lies down on the bed beside me then lowers himself to my stomach. I stare at Justin as he runs his hand across my stomach with a small smile. He leaves several small kisses on my skin before looking up at me with his brown eyes.

‘One happy family.’ He breathes out quietly.

‘What?’

‘A family. You, me, the baby.’

‘Baby?’ I sit up on the bed and slightly move back. ‘What baby?’

‘The pregnancy test. It was in the bathroom and I just assumed it was yours.’

‘You saw that?’

‘Yeah. Is it yours?’

‘No, it’s Danielle’s…’ I sigh, ‘just don’t tell Garrett just yet. She hasn’t told him.’

‘Oh wow.’ Justin throws his head back on the pillow, ‘you’re not pregnant?’

‘No!’ I shake my head from left and right, ‘I don’t know what I’d do if I was.’

‘Wow that’s a relief.’

‘Which one is it Justin? “Wow that’s a relief” or “one happy family” because you just flipped your feelings completely.’

‘What? No, I was just saying that you weren’t pregnant. I mean I personally don’t feel that I’m ready for kids.’

‘So what’s this?’ I gesture at the sparkling ring on my finger, ‘did you actually do all of this because you thought I was pregnant?’

Justin shakes his head but doesn’t make eye contact with me for a few long moments. I knew that’s exactly what he did.

‘Justin, did you?’

‘I really didn’t know what to do!’ he shouts causing me to wince, ‘I saw a pregnancy test and I automatically assumed it was yours. There were so many thoughts going on in my head. Like how was I going to tell your parents, where were we going to live, were we even going to keep the baby.’

‘You could’ve talk to me.’

‘I was, I thought about it for so many times these last few hours. I just wanted to be prepared for whatever may happen. I mean, if you were pregnant what was I supposed to do? Were we really going to keep doing what we are now? You live at your mom’s while I stay at the apartment. I mean that’s not the best way to bring a baby into the world.’

‘You only proposed to me because you thought I was pregnant!’

‘Do you not understand how scared I was?!’

Well it’s a good thing I’m not pregnant, right?’ I say taking the ring from my finger and leaving it on the bed with him.

‘Chrissy!’ Justin calls as I walk out of the hotel room leaving him there.

Danielle’s Point of View

I blot my eyes for the umpteenth time since I saw the white stick. Garrett was laying beside me absentmindedly flipping through the channels on the TV. His large hand draws circles on my leg as he always did. I open my mouth but it closes again.

‘Garrett…’

‘Yeah, babe?’ he asks not looking at me.

‘I really need to talk to you.’ I reply taking the remote from his hand and turning off the TV.

‘Ah this must be pretty serious.’ He teases with a small smile then directs his body towards me, ‘I’m all ears Dan.’

‘Okay, this is something that has to do with the both of us and it’s going to change our lives completely.’

‘It’s not Chrissy; who’s pregnant is it? He asks with his head hanging low.

I shake my head in return biting my lip trying not to cry. Garrett’s face pales tremendously before turning an odd greenish color. He looked like he was going to be sick at any moment.

‘How? I- I mean we were careful.’

‘I guess not careful enough.’

‘Oh God.’ He covers his face with a pillow and screams into it. ‘How?’

‘I think you and I knew the risks when we were doing what we did.’ I say quietly and he slowly pulls the pillow from his face.

‘I can’t have this conversation right now…’

‘Why are you acting like I was the only participate in this. It takes two and you need to start owning up to it!’

‘Maybe you want to be a parent right now, but not me.’

‘Yeah, I planned all of this Garrett. I planned to have a baby when I was 20 years old. There was nothing better for me to do so I just said “what the heck, I’m going to get pregnant” you are so insensitive!’

‘Where are you going?’ he questions as I near the door.

‘As far way as I can get from you, jerk.’ With that I slam the door and run into Chrissy in the hallway.

Something told me her night was just like mine.

Nichole’s Point of View

I came back to the table after receiving the most amazing news from my agent. Ryan sat patiently at the table waiting for my return.

‘So who were you talking about again?’ he asks as soon as I sit down at the table.

‘Can we talk about that in just a second. I have a great news.’

‘Oh yeah? What is it?’ he leans against the table with a smile on his face.

‘Well as you know, that was my agent just then on the phone. She just told me that they want me to walk for Topshop at London Fashion Week.’

‘What?’

‘They want me Ryan.’ I exclaim, hardly believing it. ‘Only bad thing is that I have to go back to Canada tomorrow so I can pack then head to London to get ready.’

‘So you’re leaving? I thought we all agreed to go on this vacation together.’

‘I know we did but I’m sure the others will understand. This is such an amazing opportunity for me and my career.’

‘So your career is coming before me? Is that what you’re saying?’

‘You’re twisting my words around.’ I feel my shoulders slump back against the metal chair.

‘I thought you would be happy for me.’

‘I am.’

‘You have such a terrible way of showing it!’ I frown, ‘you’re supposed to support me in everything I do beneficial for me.’

‘How am I supposed to support it if you’re up and leaving me on the first call you get? I mean, don’t I mean anything to you?’

‘You know you do! You can come with me. We can see London together.’

‘I don’t feel like being the stupid boyfriend you drag around to your fancy events.’

‘I don’t understand why you’re acting like this.’

‘Can we talk about something else?’ Ryan asks, suddenly annoyed. ‘Besides your opportunities that are bigger than us.’

‘If you’re going to be like this then I don’t want to talk to you about anything.’ I stand from the table, ‘since you’re so interested to know – Danielle’s pregnant.’

‘You just can’t walk away!’ he calls after me.

‘I do not like how you’re being right now. I’m not going to sit back and take it Ryan. Thanks for the congratulations.’

With that I leave Ryan in the small, abandoned restaurant and hurry back to our floor. In the hallway, Chrissy and Danielle sat side by side with matching expressions. I sink to the floor beside them with a low sigh.

‘So who else just had a bad night?’ I ask aloud raising my hand.

Chrissy and Danielle both raise their hands in unison staring at the grey wall in front of us.

Chrissy’s Point of View

The girls and I ended up going for a walk outside in the bright streets of Paris.

‘This is not how I imagined this trip.’ I was the first to speak in nearly ten minutes. ‘Or this night.’

‘Wait where did Justin take you?’ Danielle asks sadly.

‘He met me to Disneyland again. He set up this whole orchestra thing and they played Fall, which is my favorite song and he knows that. There were pictures of us on this large screen. Justin comes out and gets down on one knee then asks me to marry him.’

‘WHAT?!’ Danielle and Nichole shriek grabbing a hold of my left hand.

‘Where’s the ring?’

‘With its owner. He only proposed to be because he thought I was pregnant. At first he was happy and giddy, then I told him I wasn’t and he was relieved about it.’

‘Well Garrett didn’t even have that moment of giddiness. He immediately went off, feeling sorry for himself. He didn’t even bother to ask how I was feeling about all of this. I mean I’m just as scared as he is.’

‘I can’t believe him.’ I sigh, ‘I guess we all just sort of stormed out.’

‘What made your night so crummy Nichole?’ Danielle asks getting the subject off of herself.

‘I got offered a chance to walk for Topshop at London Fashion Week.’

‘Congratulations!’ Danielle and I wrap our arms around her, ‘that is such an amazing opportunity!’

‘Yeah tell that to Ryan. He accused me of leaving him and saying how my career is much more important than he is to me which is crazy. I even offered him to come with me but he doesn’t want to so I don’t know what I’m going to do.’

‘You’d be insane to pass up London Fashion Week.’ Danielle says, ‘he’ll come around I hope.’

‘I don’t know what any of them are thinking right now.’

We walked to this 24-hour café and found a table outside. About an hour or so later my phone buzzes on the table.

‘That Justin?’

‘No, Ryan.’

‘What’s it say?’

‘Justin’s looking for you.’

‘I just got the same one from Garrett: Ryan’s looking for you.’

‘And Justin texted me: Garrett’s looking for you.’

‘Should we go back?’

‘No let them sweat for a little while.’