If I Was Your Boyfriend

one hundred-twenty nine.

Justin’s Point of View

‘Wait what do you mean you think Chrissy’s pregnant?’ Ryan jumps up from the bed and grabs me, ‘how do you know?’

‘She was throwing up all night long. She had a bad headache, she’s been really tired-…’ I stop myself with a sigh.

‘Well maybe she’s just sick, you know?’ Garrett stands up as well.

‘And she hasn’t had her period yet.’ I gulp and sit down in the nearest chair, ‘her dad is going to murder me.’

‘No, he’s not!’ Ryan sits beside me, ‘did you ask her? What did Chrissy say?’

‘I didn’t ask her! I- I found a pregnancy test in the bathroom. It was positive! It had that little plus sign guys. A plus sign! Clear as day! I love Chrissy more than anything but a baby?! I mean are we really ready for that. We’re already dropping Rocky off here and there all the time because of our traveling.’

‘You have to calm down and go talk to her.’ Garrett suggests, ‘If this is how you’re feeling right now – imagine how anxious she is.’

‘Oh God.’ I throw my head back towards the ceiling, ‘her dad. He didn’t even want her living with me! Imagine what he’d say if I tell him that I knocked his daughter up. After he kills me then her mom will kill me then my mom will step in and finally my dad will finish the job. I’m going to die four times.’

‘Get a hold of yourself!’ Ryan shakes me, ‘listen, IF, Chrissy is pregnant you have to be prepared. Like where will she live, you’ll need to find a doctor, whether you’ll keep your apartment or move to a bigger place, how you’ll keep it from the media, and most importantly find out if the two of you want to give the baby up for adoption or maybe Chrissy will want an abort-…’

‘Stop Ryan.’ I beg, ‘I’m not ready for all of this. I’m not ready.’

‘I’m sorry.’ He says shaking his head, ‘you don’t have to do it all right now but you do have to talk to Chrissy.’

‘You’re right, I do.’ I stand to my feet and head back out the door.

I stand at Chrissy’s door with my arm extended trying to find the courage to knock on her door. I rock back and forth on the heel of my sneaker and pull my hand away. I hurry back to the room that Ryan and Garrett shared and sat down on the bed.

‘That was quick. What did she say?’

‘I never made it in to talk to her. I can’t right now. I need to think of what I’ll say and how to say it.’

‘You can’t avoid her forever.’

‘I know, I know. I’m going to talk to her.’ I say in return digging through the pocket of my jeans as my phone was buzzing. ‘It’s just Scooter, don’t worry.’ I look at Ryan and Garrett who were on the edge of their seats, ‘I’ll call him back.’

‘So what now?’ Garrett asks after awhile.

‘How much do you think Chrissy loves me?’ I ask curiously.

‘I think she loves you enough to die for you.’ Ryan answers first, ‘why?’

‘Do you think she’d marry me?’

‘Marry?’ they both look at each other then back at me.

‘Yeah, marry.’

‘I think she would say yes.’ Garrett replies. ‘I mean she obviously made it clear that she’s never leaving you.’

‘Come on guys, I’m going to need your help.’ I stand to my feet and the three of us rush out of the hotel before causing a big scene.

Chrissy’s Point of View

‘Took you guys long enough.’ I tease as Nichole and Danielle walk back through the door with DVDs in their hands.

‘Sorry! We stopped by the guys and they were gone.’

‘Gone, where?’

‘We don’t know and Justin’s room was empty too.’

‘Have you guys tried calling?’

‘Yeah, no answer.’ Danielle answers lying beside me in the bed. ‘We’ve left texts too.’

‘Okay Ryan finally replied.’ Nichole announces, ‘he said, “We’ll be back soon”.’

‘I guess we’ll just have to wait for them.’ I shrug, ‘put in a movie.’

‘I wonder where they went.’ Danielle states pulling the sheets over her.

‘It’s Ryan, Justin, and Garrett so who knows.’ Nichole laughs joining Danielle and I.

‘Very true. What movies did you guys get?’

‘They didn’t have much to offer downstairs so I went with Bride Wars, Letters To Juliet, Dear John, The Last Song, and What To Expect When You’re Expecting.’

Danielle and I exchange unsettling looks at the last movie title and Nichole stares confused.

‘What’s the matter?’

‘There’s something we should tell you.’ I say quietly looking at the movie cover.



‘The guys have been gone all day long.’ Danielle says as the third movie goes off.

‘I’m calling Justin.’ I reach across the bed for my phone and dial his number.

‘Hello?’ he answers with a shaky voice.

‘Are you okay?’ I immediately ask, ‘you sound different.’

‘I’m alright.’

‘Where are you guys at? We’ve been waiting around for awhile now.’

‘I’ll see you later on, alright?’

‘Okay?’

‘I love you.’

‘I love you too Justin.’

With that the line goes dead and he leaves me there to drown in a thousand thoughts and theories. Halfway into Dear John there was a knock on the door.

‘I’ll get it.’ Nichole rolls out of the bed and scurries down the hall. ‘You have some explaining to do.’ I overhear Nichole say.

‘I’m sorry. I’ve just been out with Justin and Garrett.’ Ryan responds before standing in front of the bed. ‘How are you feeling Chrissy?’

‘I’m okay.’

‘I am here to escort you to your boyfriend.’

‘Where is he?’

‘You will see in due time.’ He replies extending his arm out, ‘I will be right back.’ He gives Nichole a quick kiss on her cheek before pulling me out the room.

‘Ryan where are going?’

‘I already told you. I’m taking you to Justin. I cannot tell you where he is waiting for you.’

‘I won’t tell.’ I urge taking Ryan’s arm as we step into the hotel’s lobby.

‘Not happening.’ He laughs, ‘he’d kill me if I told you.’

‘Fine.’ I climb into a blacked out car and Ryan closes the door behind me.

‘Good evening ma’am.’ The man in front smiles tilting his hat towards me, ‘sit back and enjoy the ride.’

‘Thank you.’

Soon enough we came to a stop in front of Disneyland once again. I spot Garrett waiting by the gate when I got out of the car.

‘Hey, Chris.’ He waves, ‘Your boyfriend is waiting for you.’

‘Okay thanks and Danielle’s been looking for you.’

‘I’m going to see her right now.’

‘Hurry up! She gets angrier by the second.’

‘Alright I am officially leaving now.’

I walk through the gate to an empty park. Tonight there weren’t any characters waiting near the entrance. There were no lights hanging from every post. There were no balloons. There wasn’t a long table in the middle of the park.

‘Justin?’ I call out confused, ‘where are you?’

A large backdrop falls down in front of me and images begin to flash onto the screen. Pictures of Justin and I together transition as Justin’s speech from my birthday party plays in the background. The Halloween party. Jazzy and Jaxon’s birthday party. Us in the apartment. Pictures from Verona.
Pictures from the music video where it all started.

‘Justin?’ I call out again.

Suddenly orchestra music begins to play behind me as the lights go up. There were dozens and dozens of people sitting down dressed in black as they played the music. I easily figured out the song they were playing: Fall.

‘I’ve thought about this moment for awhile now,’ Justin says coming from the darkest corner.

He’s in a suit??

‘I never knew how I would do it, where I would do it, and most importantly when I would do it. I just knew that one day I would. I’ve seen so many different places where I would stand before you and none of them ever seemed right. I feel like nothing can ever be too good for you Chrissy. I feel that you deserve everything that’s beautiful in this world. If I could, I would give it all to you. All the love in the world couldn’t compare to you. It wouldn’t come close. All day I’ve been trying to figure out the right words to say to you but I came up with nothing. Somehow, you always know what to say but when it comes to me I’m speechless. I just know that I love you to the end of time and I will always love you. I also know that there is no one on this earth that is going to love anyone the way that I love you. You’ve shown me how it feels to be truly loved and cared for and for that I’ll always be grateful. Everyday I aspire to be as amazing as you are. You are my inspiration to be great. I know I’m not perfect and I don’t think I’ll ever be but for you I am going spend the rest of my life trying to be the best I can.’ Justin drops down in front of me on one knee and I nearly go down with him.

‘What are you doing?’

‘There is just one small thing I need to ask you…’

A loud pop goes off and dozens of colors shoot into the air.

“Chrissy – will you be with me forever?”

I turn back to face Justin who was now holding a bright diamond ring in his hands with teary eyes.

‘So will you?’

Nichole’s Point of View

‘I wonder what extraordinary night Justin has planned for Chrissy.’ I say sitting across from Ryan at a table downstairs.

We decided to go for a late dinner when Garrett and Danielle called it a night. A smile plays on Ryan lips as he nods in agreement.

‘What do you know?’

‘Something.’ He shrugs nonchalantly, ‘could be a big something or a small something.’

‘Ryan.’ I lean across the table, ‘you’re starting to freak me out.’

‘Do you know?’

‘Know what?’

‘The pregnancy?’

‘Wait, you know?’

‘Yeah I can’t believe he’s going to be a father.’

‘She hasn’t told him.’

‘Well he knows. She’s going to be surprised when she finds out what’s happening.’

‘Ryan who are you talking about?’

‘Who are you talking about?’

‘I’m talking abou-…’ I start but my phone cuts into my sentence, ‘It’s my agent. I should take this.’

‘Hurry back.’ Ryan calls after me as I slip into the ladies room to take the call.