If I Was Your Boyfriend

fifty-eight.

'Baby, your phone!' Justin called from the living room. I walked from the kitchen and back to the sofa where Justin was sititng. He gave my hand a tight squeeze as I answered it.

 

'Hey Chloe. What's the word?'

 

'Well, I just heard from your doctor and he's a little hesitant. He doesn't think you're ready to stand so much for nearly two hours. But it's a go, for presenting.' I frowned looking down at my big cast weighing down my foot. 'You still there?'

 

'Yeah, I'm still here.' I sighed heavily. 'Thanks for calling.'

 

'Cheer up. I'll talk to you soon.' she replied before I hung the phone up.

 

'It's a no?' Justin rubbed my back as I nodded. 'Aw, babe. Many more shows will want you, just watch.'

 

'This cast is ruining everything. I'm not able to host the show or go to the audition, I can't even get dressed by myself.'

 

'I know it's hard now but you can make it a couple of weeks Chris.' Justin soothed, 'what do you want to do?'

 

'I don't know.' I kicked my free leg back and forth, 'nothing I guess.'

 

'C'mon baby. I don't want to see you so down.'

 

'I'm a dancer with a broken foot, I'm just, average now.'

 

'Chrissy, nothing about you is average.' Justin reached across grabbing my hands.

 

'This is ruining everything.' a tear trickled down my face. Justin frowned staring at me. I covered my face embarrased to be crying like a baby in front of Justin right now.

 

If I could take away the pain and put a smile on your face

Baby I would, baby I would

If I could make a better way, so you could see a better day

Baby I would, baby I would, I would

 

I looked up to meet Justin's eyes. 'Please smile for me.' Justin wiped the tears from my cheeks. 'This isn't the end of your career Chrissy. You are the best dancer I know, and other people see that too. This is just a small bump for you, you'll get passed this. In a little over a month you're gonna be spinning, kicking, popping, and all that soon. I promise you baby. I love you so so so much.'

 

'I love you too.' I hid my face in the deep crook of his neck hugging him.

 

'Now, what does my girl want to do? Anything you want, we'll do it right now.'

 

'You pick.' I sniffled wiping my face again.

 

'Hm, I say we go rent some movies, pick up a pizza, and come back and just hang out. We can even invite Danielle and Garrett.' Just then my phone started ringing.

 

'It's my mom.' I answered, 'hey momma.'

 

'Chrissy! Are you okay sweetie? I just saw you all over magazines saying you were at the hospital? I called Nikki and she said you hurt your foot? Why didn't you call me?'

 

'I'm sorry mom, I should've. I didn't really want to worry you. I said I was going to call first thing this morning and it just slipped my mind.'

 

'So you are okay?'

 

'Yeah mom, I'm perfectly fine. Are you on your way home tonight?'

 

'We were going to stay another night, then leave first thing tomorrow. Do you want us back now?'

 

'No, mom. Stay. I was going to hang out with Danielle tonight.' I responded.

 

'Oh okay. I'll see you tomorrow then. I love you Chrissy.'

 

'I love you too mom. Tell Jeff I said hey.' I hung up the phone and turned to Justin. 'I think that sounds a lot of fun.'

 

+'Alright, do you want some clothes from your room before we head out?'

 

'Yeah. I'll go get them.' I dragged my foot behind me up the stairs. I grabbed a pair of pajamas and a change of clothes for tomorrow. I packed any other essentials I'll need and headed back downstairs.

 

'Garrett and Danielle are in. We'll pick them up after we get the movies and pizzas.' Justin informed me.

 

'Okay.' I gathered all my stuff and Justin put both my black purse and floral backpack on his back. Justin carried Rocky out to the car and put him in the back, 'he hasn't got much air today.' Justin started the car and rolled down the back window for Rocky. We went to the Red Box up the road by Walgreens. 'Hey what do you want?' Justin called back to the car.

 

'I really don't mind.' I called back. Some girls walking out of Walgreens spotted Justin and hurried over to them. He politely took pictures with them and thanked them.

 

'Yeah she's in the car. Her foot's broken so she can't really move around.' I overheard Justin say. While Justin was getting movies they walked over to the car.

 

'Hi.' I waved rolling my window down completely.

 

'Hi could we maybe get a picture with you?'

 

'Sure. Just aim your phone this way, I can't stand right now.' they hunched down by the car and soon the phone flashed.

 

'Thank you!'

 

'Thanks guys.' I responded settling back into my seat. Justin got two movies and climbed back into the car.

 

'Alright I got a scary one and a funny one.' he handed me the movies backing out the parking lot. We went through Pizza Hut's drivethru and picked up the pizzas. Justin pressed a button on his steering wheel then the phone started ringing.

 

'Hello?' Garrett's voice inquired on the other line.

 

'Hey man. We're about five minutes out.' Justin said.

 

'Alright, see you guys soon.'

 

'Alright.' the car made a beeping sound ending the conversation. We arrived at Danielle's house and her and Garrett walked out.

 

'Hey guys.' he stated unlocking the car.

 

'Hey! Hi Rocky.' Danielle beamed. 'How are you Chris?'

 

'I'm okay.' I replied. Justin drove to his apartment and then we all got out the car.

 

'Garrett can you grab those pizzas?' Justin asked before lifting me in his arms.

 

'I wish you carried me.' Danielle said to Garrett. We laughed going through the apartment door.

 

'Here it is.' Justin sat me down on the sofa.

 

'Nice! Where's this sick man-cave of yours?' Garrett asked.

 

'C'mon.' Justin laughed leading Garrett to the back of the apartment.

 

'This is cool.' Danielle looked around.

 

'You have to see my room.' I stood up hopping to the railing.

 

'You have a room?!' Danielle exclaimed, 'do you live here with him?'

 

'Do you know who my mom is?' I laughed looking back at her, 'no way.'

 

'Well what do you mean your roo- wow!' Danielle stepped into the bedroom Justin designed for me.

 

'He said I can stay here whenever I'd like.'

 

'Aw Chrissy! It's so cute!' she cheered.

 

'I know, he's sweet.'

 

'That's Justin's room?'

 

'Yeah.' I pushed the door open further.

 

'Hm, it's not filthy.' she looked around.

 

'Yeah I've been here so he keeps it pretty clean.'

 

'You've been staying here?'

 

'A couple of times.' I replied covering my smile.

 

'What do you guys do?' she raised an eyebrow.

 

'Baby!' Justin's voice called as his footsteps stomped around the apartment. 'We're about to ride around the neighboorhood in the bat-mobile, do you want to go?'

 

'The Bat-Mobile?' Danielle questioned confused.

 

'Sickest car!' Garrett stated excitedly.

 

'Garrett you can drive.' Justin tossed him the keys, 'keep in mind I just picked this up today.'

 

'Well that puts on more pressure.'

 

'And I paid a good price for this.'

 

'You'll freak him out.' I poked Justin.

 

'Too late.'

 

'You'll be fine.' I slid down into the small backseat next to Justin. Justin intertwined his hand with mine.

 

'Yeah I'm messing with you.' Justin added in. Garrett nodded sitting in the seat and starting the car up. 'Sounds nice huh?' Justin smiled leaning up in the front seat.

 

'Yeah real nice.' Garrett nodded slowly backing out the garage. We rode around the neighboorhood for awhile then headed back to the apartment. Everyone changed for bed then we crowded on the living room's sofa eating pizza watching the movies. It was past four in the morning before everyone settled down.

 

'You guys can sleep in the room across the hall.' Justin pointed. I could tell by the look on his face he could barely keep his eyes open any longer. Garrett and Danielle tiredly nodded before walking into the room leaving it cracked as they went. I held Justin's hand pulling him with me to the room. I laid down beside Rocky's sleeping body. Justin crawled in on the other side fumbling for his phone charger. Finally his phone lit up signaling it was now charging. 'She's mine Rock.' Justin slightly moved Rocky over so he could get next to me. He kissed my forehead before resting his head on mine. 'I love you.'

 

'I love you.' I repeated placing on hand on his lower back. 'Goodnight.'

 

'Sweet dreams beautiful.' he replied. My eyelids slowly closed as I drifted off to a deep sleep.