Status: Updates on Wednesdays!

Forget About It

Looking Back At Life On The Other Side

”Daniel isn’t here, Rinna.” Alex sighed as he opened his front door, that cold winter morning.

“I know dummy, I’m here to hang out with you. We haven’t had any best friend time lately or anything.” I laughed as I poked him in the chest and walked past him inside his house, “So what are we doing today?”

“Um…” Alex shifted uncomfortably as he watched me flop down on his living room couch, “I was actually going to hang out with a few friends today, Rinna.”

“Oh,” I bit my lip in frustration. Alex was acting weird…er than usual today, “Do you want me to go home then, or something?” I frowned and crossed my arms, hoping he wouldn't make me go home in the freezing cold, making the walk over here for nothing.

Alex scratched the back of his head out of nervous habit and shrugged, “I mean-“

“Aleeeeeeeeeex!” Jack screamed as he jumped down the flight of stairs and landed at Alex’s feet, “Oh, hi Corinna!”

“Hey Jack!” I smiled and waved at my other best friend as he scrambled to his feet and ran to give me a hug that resulted to his sitting in my lap, his head nuzzled into my neck. I laughed as his breath tickled me slightly as he snuggled closer and closer to me. Jack was always a very touchy person, which was one of the things people either loved or hated about him.

“Are you coming with us today?” He asked as he looked me in the eyes curiously. He cocked his head and then turned his head to look between Alex and I.

“Um, probably not.” I bit my lip and let my eyes flicker over to Alex who had crossed his arms hastily and was tapping his foot impatiently. I could tell he was ready to get me out of there was fast as possible and I was getting more angered by the second at how much of an asshole he was being. Don't get me wrong, Alex was always an asshole, just not to me.

“Nonsense!” Jack bellowed, “You’re coming.” He grinned as he pulled me up to my feet and led me past Alex and out the front door, “Last one there has to kiss Alex!”

“Jack!” I squealed as he took off running. I scrambled to keep up, following right behind until I figured out where we were headed. Once I realized we were going to our old hangout, I dashed ahead laughing as Jack cried out in protest.

“No… fair… Cor…inna…you… suck.” Jack huffed as he landed on the pile of dead leaves on the ground. I laughed as he just laid there, panting like a dog.

“Looks like you’ll be the one kissing Alex now, Jacky.” I stuck out my tongue and giggled as he tried to reach for my leg to pull me down with him. Luckily I was fast enough to avoid him and he grabbed a stick instead.

“Why does Jack have to kiss Alex?” Someone asked from behind me. I stopped laughing and turned around to see a guy I had never seen before sitting next to Rian on a log- my spot, to be exact.

“Because loser had to kiss Alex, that’s why.” I narrowed my eyes at him as he nodded, “Who are you?”

“That’s Zack; he’s our bass player.” Alex said as he shoved past me and sat down on his usual rock. I glared at him and smiled faintly at the newcomer to our small group.

“I’m Corinna.” I said, “And you’re in my seat.”

“I know who you are Corinna. Alex and Jack never shut up about you. It’s nice to finally meet you.” Zack laughed as Alex just glared at Zack. It was nice to see that I wasn't the only one he was mad at for no reason, “And I’ve been sitting here for the past two months, it’s my seat now.”

“You’ve been hanging out with them for two months and we’ve never even met?” I looked between Zack and Alex, extremely confused as to why we were just meeting.

“You’ve been busy.” Alex spat as he avoided eye contact.

“Oh quit being so pissy, Alex. I’m here now, aren’t I?” I rolled my eyes and sat down next to him, “I’d appreciate it if my best friend started acting like one.” It took a moment, but his angry façade cracked as he grinned at me and pulled me into a hug.

“You know I can’t stay mad at you for long, Rinna.” He chuckled and kissed my forehead. It felt nice to be back in his arms again, I had honestly missed Alex the past couple of months. Sure, Daniel was wonderful, but I honestly missed being around Alex- being around all my boys- a lot.

“Hey, I’m the one who is supposed to be kissing Alex, Corinna!” Jack scowled as he jumped into our laps and kissed Alex’s cheeks over and over.

“I’ve missed you guys.” I laughed as Alex and I shoved Jack to the ground.

“We’ve missed you too.” Alex grinned, pulling me closer to him once again.


“When you said you wanted to hang out, I didn’t think that meant nap time, Cor.” Zack laughed as he shifted his weight slightly causing the twin sized bed to creak slightly. I looked up at him and grinned before snuggling my head into his chest again.

“But I’m so sleepy Zack.” I whined, “Just ten more minutes.”

“You said that an hour ago!” Zack rolled his eyes as he tried to shove me out of bed. I groaned as he pulled off the covers and lifted me up, placing me on his desk like I was a doll or something. I smirked as he pulled off his shirt exposing his muscles and changed into a tank top that was more appropriate for the hot weather, “Enjoying the view?” He smirked as he walked over and put his hands on either side of the desk, trapping me on the desk.

“I was until you covered it up.” I winked as I tugged at his shirt, “Let’s do something fun.”

“Like what?” Zack raised his eyebrows suggestively which made me slap him in the chest as I began to laugh.

“Not like that you pervert. I was thinking maybe drinking or smoking or something.” I rolled my eyes and jutted out my bottom lip, knowing that was all I would have to do to get him to agree.

Zack sighed and frowned at me, “There is more fun things to do than just drink and smoke all the time, Cory.”

“Look, if you don’t want to drink and smoke with me, I will just find someone who does.” I frowned as I slipped between his arms and began to grab my phone and purse.

“Cory, wait.” Zack frowned, “Fine, I’ll just go get my stash, but you need to cut back after this, alright?”

“Whatever, just hurry up!” I shouted as he left the room. I rolled my eyes as I reached into my purse and grabbed my small flask. I was already getting stressed as more and more memories of Daniel began to surface in my mind. As I heard Zack come climbing back up the stairs, I shoved it back in my purse before he could see, or possibly take it from me.

“Are you alright, Cor? You’re shaking.” Zack asked as he sat down on the floor and put two joints on the floor in front of them along with a lighter.

“Yeah, I’m totally fine Zack.” I lied as I grabbed the joint and lit it, taking a hit and instantly feeling relaxed. I could tell he didn’t believe me, but as usual he didn’t push the subject. That’s what I liked about Zack. He never forced me to talk about things until I was ready which I was obviously not, “Thanks.” I said abruptly once we had finished smoking.

“For what?” Zack asked as he put his things under his bed just in case his mom came in before he had a chance to hide it again.

“Just… for everything.” I shrugged.

“Can I just say something, Cor?” He asked as he leaned in close to me. I swallowed hard and nodded my head slowly. “I really like you.” He smiled as he closed the space between us and kissed me.

We pulled away moments later and I smiled before wrapping my arms around him and resting my forehead on his own, “I like you too, Zack.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I forced myself to get out of my writers block and post this because of The Reckless & The Brave coming out today! Have you guys heard it? Do you like it? I personally love it. <3

So this is a pretty sucky update, and it's really late. I know, I know I suck. But I hope it's enough for now. I didn't really bother editing it, but you know. It is what it is.

So Zack & Corinna kissed again! Will this lead to anything serious though? Hmmm, we will seeeeeee! ;)

Thanks for the comments Jaseykay & EarthtoCat!

Please Comment / Subscribe / Recommend!

- Sommer x