Status: Finished. :)

From Teammates to Best Friends to Boyfriends?

Dillon

It’s a Saturday night, around eight, and I’m getting ready for mine and Garret’s second date. I’m not as nervous as I was on the first one. This is a good thing, because I’m awkward when I’m nervous. For tonight, I’m wearing simple basketball shorts and a Nike tee. Tonight’s date is a simple one and I told Garret that he didn’t have to dress up or anything. I was going to take him to go bowling. Pretty simple, right?

But pretty lame too. . .

Ten minutes later, I pulled into his parent’s driveway and parked. I walked up to the front and knocked on the door. His dad opened it and smiled when he noticed it was me.

“Hellooo!” He sang and I chuckled.

“Hey.” I gave him a nod and he stepped aside to let me in. “Is Garret ready?”

“Yeah!” We heard Garret shout from his room. Then he rushed out, closing his door behind him and soon enough he is in front of me. I wanted to kiss him, but his dad was right beside us, observing us.

“Let’s go.” He muttered and pulled me towards the door.

“Bye, dad!” He shouted back to his dad and we made our way to my truck. I couldn’t help but notice the red coloring his cheeks. I grinned and opened the door for him. He climbed into my old truck and turned to me. He sighed and shook his head.

I chuckled. “What?” I said in an almost high pitched voice.

“My dad. . . Before you got here, he was in my room, teasing me about the date, telling me not to screw up or something. It was stupid, really. We should just go.”

I laughed. “Okay?” I walked around to my side and got in.

“So what are we doing?”

“Bowling.” I shrugged. “Are you hungry though? We can get something to eat right now if you want.” I asked.

He shook his head. “Nah, I’m good.”

I turned up the volume of the radio once conversation died down. The song that was playing was ‘Family Affair’ and I don’t know why but I love this song. Garret makes fun of me for it too. He hates it.

I pulled up into the Bowling Alley’s parking lot and parked. We got out and started making our way to the entrance. Me being the sly dog I am, snaked my arm around his waist as we were walking. Garret blushed at the contact, but didn’t pull away. . . Maybe he’ll be okay with showing affections to each other in public. . . It really wasn’t something we tired yet, so would we tonight?

I paid for two games and two pairs of shoes and handed one to him. We were on lane twenty which was kind of in the middle since there were forty four lanes. We didn’t have to enter our names, since the workers do that at the front, and Garret was up first.

We picked out balls and I sat down and watched Garret as he went up to the lane. He seemed kind of nervous and awkward, like he didn’t know what he was doing, but throw the ball anyway.
It went into the gutter and he turned around and I noticed his face was red like he was embarrassed. But I only chuckled because I thought it was cute.

“Shut up. I’m not really good. Why did you even pick here?” He pouted as he sat down beside me. I turned to face him.

“Aww. It’s okay if you suck.” I murmured. “When I started playing in the seventh grade, I was with the P.E. class and it was my very first time to ever bowl and I sucked so bad. Hell, even one time, I went to throw the ball and when I let my hand go back, I dropped the ball.” I told him.

He started laughing and it made me smile.

“But uhh. . .You still got one more to do, Garret.” I pointed the screen and he looked up at it. He sighed and went to bowl again. This time it went a little further until it went into the gutter. I chuckled at his face expression and went to bowl. I made a few pens go down for each turn, and I got 7 points. When I went to sit back down, I noticed Garret’s mouth was opened and just starring at the pins.

“I don’t wanna bowl anymore.” He mutters and brings his knees up to his chest.

“Aww, why not?” I cooed wile sitting down beside him again.

“Because I suck and you’re gonna laugh.” He whispered.

“No I won’t. . .” He gives me this ‘do you think I’m stupid?’ look and smiled. “Okay, okay. I mean it. I won’t. I promise.”

He sighed and got up. “Okay.” He went to bowl again and missed on the first time. I got up and walked over to him when he was waiting to get his ball back.

“Want me to help you?” I asked.

He looked up and glanced around the building. It what kind of full, considering it was a weekend day and at night.

“No.” He muttered and walked away.

. . .So I guess he didn’t want to show any affection towards each other in public. . .

By the end of the second game, I had scored a seventy three and Garret had a thirty. Somewhere along the game, he started getting the balls to go down the lanes. We returned our shoes. I asked Garret if he was hungry again, and he took a moment to think.

“Do you want to eat here or somewhere else?”

“Here.” He amswered and pulled me to the food stand. I ordered a slice of pizza and Dillon got nachos. We got Cokes and I paid. We went to sit in the table area and ate.

“So. . . can I ask you something?” Garret questioned. I nodded.

“Can we please never ever ever go bowling again?” He asked.

I stared at him for a second before cracking up laughing. “You weren’t that bad, babe.”

“Whatever. Yeah, I was.”

“Well. . . Okay then. No more bowling.” I chuckled.

We headed out after we finished eating and I drove to his house. When we got there, he didn’t move to get out. He sat for a few seconds, staying quiet.

“Dillon?” He whispered.

“Yeah?”
“I think I like doing this with you. You know, dating and kissing. . .”

I gave him a small smile, but inside I was freaking out. I mean, his being serious? My God, I can’t believe he just admit that! If I wasn’t happy before, I’m estatic now.

But I kept my cool and replied, “That’s cool. I’m glad you do.”

“I think. . . I think I want to. . .” He trailed. He seemed like he was having a hard time coming up with what he wanted to say so I suggested, “Being in a relationship?”

He looked up at me and nodded. “But I don’t really want the whole school knowing. They’ll just start asking us questions and I wouldn’t even know what to say because I’m still a little confused. . . I think if I were able to call you my boyfriend, I would like that a lot.” He explained.

I grinned. “Are you asking me to be your boyfriend, Garret?”

He looked back up at me with wide eyes and nodded.

I couldn’t stop grinning. I leaned over the middle seat pulled him towards me to hug the life out of him. He threw his arms around my shoulders and hugged me just as tight.

“I would love to be your boyfriend, Garret. . . My God, I can’t believe it was even you to ask and not me!” I exclaimed once we pulled away. He chuckled at what I said and leaned in to kiss me, and I couldn’t help smiled into it. This night so far has been the best night since I told Garret I liked him. And now I can finally call him mine. Even though we’re going to be secret about this relationship, but that didn’t matter. It was still a relationship and that’s all that I could want . . . for now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if it's crap. It's 1 in the morning and I spent the whole day help planning a co write I'm doing soon. And I think that's going to go great. :D

But yeah, so do you like how Garret asked Dillon to be his boyfriend? He's finally ready to accept that he likes Dillon that way. . or he believes he does. And Dillon's super happy about it. And this ended up being longer than what I thought it would be. . .XD