Status: Active-ish

We Only Breathe for so Long

Prologue

Jordan’s POV

“JORDAAAN!” I turned around at the sound of the familiar voice. I smiled as I saw my best friend running towards me. He caught up to me and he smiled back. “Oh hey there, Kennedy.”

“Hey,” he greeted, panting. “Mind if I join you?”

“Yeah, I do. In fact, I mind a lot,” I teased. He scoffed and we both continued walking together to school.

The sun over Arizona was making its way towards its peak as we were going on the path leading to Tempe Preparatory Academy. School was thankfully only a walking distance from home.

“To be honest, I did not study for the test today,” Kennedy stated.

“Come on, Kenny, I’ve known you for the longest time and you never failed to ace every test you take.”

He chuckled at my statement. “Whatever you say.”

I met Kennedy on the first day of Kindergarten. Believe it or not, we were fighting over a piece of Lego during playtime. After that, I considered him as a bully until the day we were alone on the playground during dismissal time because we were the only students left in the school. From enemies, we became best friends over the years.

We reached the school after a span of five minutes and we walked up to our lockers, which were conveniently located beside each other.

“By the way, want to hang out at my place after school?” Kennedy asked me as he was getting the books he needed for today.

“I can’t. I have some business to take care of. Maybe next time?”

“I knew you’d say that. You always have business to take care of,” he frowned at me.

“Well, not all the time.”

“If only I knew what you do each day after class…”

“You might know, one day,” I told him and we parted for the first period of the day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, I know the prologue is short, but hey, it's just an introduction! The chapters after this will be certainly longer than this.

final-countdown made the layout. :-bd We are both writing this story.

So please post your comments here and tell us if we should work on anything. :)