Status: currently not active

The World of Shadows

Up to the attic

Cristen was walking home. He kept muttering to himself. This school is too boaring. Here, you just study and study and study. No games. No sports. Nothing.What kind of a school is this? Is this what you call a good school? Even the teachers here are so boaring. Well, it does not matter to me at all. I am happy as I am. Nothing really matters to me.

He reached home, “Mom! I’m back!” and ran up the stairs.

“Wait!” said his mother, Mrs. Carris. “Take this” She handed Cristen a parcel from his aunt. He took it and raced upstairs.

***

Ting-tong rang the doorbell. No one answered.

Ting-tong

“Maybe there’s no one in there,” said Mannor.

“Or maybe there is.” added Gelestia. “I think we should wait for a while.”

“Fine,” said Mannor thoughtfully.

Both of them were waiting on Cristen’s doorstep.Mannor was leaning against the door when it burst open and he fell down, “Ouch!”

"Um... Sorry," apologised Mrs. Carris.

“It’s okay!” assured Gelestia picking her friend up. “Wasn’t really your fault. Anyway, we are Cristen’s friends. Just came here to meet him and ask him about his first day in his new school.”

“So kind of you both to come. Please come in I’ll call Cristen for you.” They both came in. Mrs. Carris went upstairs and returned after a while. She said, “He’s busy and refused to come downstairs.”

“It’s alright Mrs. Carris. We’ll go to him ourselves.”

“Sure. He’ll be glad to see you people here. You climb up the stairs, right into the attic.”

“Thanks” said Mannor who had been silent for a long time. Secretly, had found Gelestia a new respect. It was the way she handled situations. He got very nervous whenever it came to facing new people. Gelestia could handle people very calmly without letting what their intention really was. If it would have been him, Mannor would have surely blurted out about something bieng wrong with him in the classroom. That would have made his mother really worried about him.