Sequel: Science & Faith

Fairytales & Lullabies

she's the one who makes me fall.

My date with Kris was a complete and utter disaster. The day had started off normal. We went to practice separately (Jordan had finally allowed me to use his spare car). I stayed until my work was done, before heading back home to get ready.

I wore a nice of jeans and a simple v neck shirt. I wasn't expecting anything too fancy. We left our place at 6. Kris drove to a small diner near Heinz Field. The drive took longer than normal with ice covering the road.

We ordered and talked for a good five minutes, before the date went wrong. I had promised to show him a picture of me and my sister when we were younger. I turned to dig for my phone in my purse and my elbow accidentally knocked over my glass of water; all over Kris' lap. I kept handing him paper napkins that were available at our table and apologizing. He just laughed it off like nothing had happened.

By the time it was cleaned up our food had arrived. The server was a new addition to their staff and ended up dropping my food in my lap. I assured him it was alright after not being able to get the stains out in the bathroom. Our meal was paid for by the restaurant in understanding.

The food was delicious. We both got a cheeseburger and fries. Our conversation continued to flow easily. I had taken a large bite of the burger when something didn’t taste right. I swallowed most of it, but ended up pulling long piece of hair out of my mouth. After that, we put on our coats and left.

We joked on the way out to the parking lot. “Just so you know,” Kris started, “I normally pay for dinner.”

“At least we didn’t have to deal with the awkward who’s going to pay situation.” I joked back. I started laughing. We were about ten feet from Kris' car and I slipped on the fresh ice and fell directly on my butt. Kris offered his hand, but stumbled and landed on the ground next me.

I don't know what came over me. I wanted everything on this date to go perfect, and nothing was going right. It was a moment where anyone could have easily started to cry or complain, but instead I let out a laugh and I couldn't stop. Kris joined me and stayed on the ground laughing.

“Nothing like falling on your ass to impress your date.” I joked at him. I didn’t make any movements to get up and neither did he.

“I don’t know. I think it’s going pretty well so far. At least I didn’t have to pay.” He smirked.

“But the waiter looked so embarrassed! I bet these stains won’t come out. Damn.” I looked down at my jeans.

“For what it’s worth, I think you look beautiful.” He reached his hand out and grabbed mine. I blushed and tried to hide my growing smile.

Eventually we got up and made our way to his car. We drove back to the apartment with smiles on our faces; not caring that water and food had been spilt on us.

"I hope you don't mind, but Anne sent some of my DVDs here. I was planning on watching a few if you want to join me."

Kris had two water bottles and handed me one. "What are you going to watch?" He took the spot next to me on the couch.

"Only the best television series ever!" I held up the case to show him. He looked at it like it was a piece of art he had never seen.

"The Office? I've never seen it."

I looked back at him, "Then you’re in for a treat."

We spent the next two hours laugh at Dwight’s antics and Michael’s horrible jokes. Kris seemed to genuinely enjoy the show. He kept and arm on the back of the couch where I sat.

"I don't understand why Michael is oblivious to everything." He took a sip from his water bottle and put it back on the coffee table in front of us. I almost didn’t notice his arm slide behind my shoulders on the back of the couch.

"That’s what makes the show funny! He doesn't understand that what he's doing is wrong."

"I guess, but Jim’s really funny."

"And cute." Kris rolled his eyes at me and put his feet up on the coffee table.

When the clock hit ten, I knew I had to go to bed. There was practice tomorrow and I knew Sid needed more sticks taped. "Maybe we can watch some more tomorrow after practice."

"Of course. I didn't realize it was getting so late."

We both stood up and I walked to my bedroom door with Kris following behind. "Thanks for tonight, Kris. I had a lot of fun tonight."

"Me too." We stood still before Kris started moving his head towards mine. I closed my eyes and my lips met his. I could feel the spark before our lips had even met. My stomach fluttered at the kiss that felt like an eternity. I didn’t want to open my eyes in fear it was a dream.

When we broke apart, smiles covered both our faces. "Goodnight Kris." My voice was quiet. I didn’t want to ruin the moment.

"Goodnight Greta." I walked into my room. I pushed my back up against the door and sighed. He kissed me. I couldn't believe it. I brought my hand up to my lips. I could still feel his lips on mine. I never expected to find myself head over heels for someone. I got a lot more than I planned living in Pittsburgh.
♠ ♠ ♠
The Office is one of my favorite shows and will be mentioned later on as well. There's no need to go and watch every single episode to understand what happens. What did you think?