Sequel: Science & Faith

Fairytales & Lullabies

Mirror, mirror speak to me.

"I will not let you sleep on the couch!" Kris and I stood in the living room. Sid had left and Anne was in my room getting ready to go to bed. "You have a game on Saturday and I don't you to be tired for it!" I crossed my arms in front of my chest and popped one hip. I meant serious business here.

"You’ve already slept on it one night; I don't you to be too tired. It's only fair if I sleep on it tonight." Kris crossed is arms in a similar manner that mine were.

I sighed and ran my hand through my hair. "I think the only way we'd both win is if we just shared you're bed."

He blushed and his hands returned to his sides, "I'm okay with that if you are."

My mouth was open. It took me a few seconds to respond. "Um... Yeah, okay. It's fine with me."

We split up when we got to his bedroom. It was simple. He had a large king bed, a dresser, TV, and night stands. There were a few pictures around the room of his family. I snuck into the bathroom to change and brush my teeth.

When I came out, Kris was on the far side of the bed watching "Elf". I slipped in on the other side. We stayed quiet before I rolled over, my back towards Kris. I fell asleep within a few minutes.

I was extremely confused when I woke in the morning. Usually I was freezing and my toes felt like icicles. This morning, I was comfortably warm and was able to move my toes easily. I felt a pair of arms around me and turned to see Kris wrapped up against me. I smiled and went back to sleep.

***

Kris had his arm around my shoulder; my head was resting on his chest. We had "The Office" playing on the large TV. "This is my favorite episode," I told him not moving my eyes from the screen.

"Why?" The episode had just started, so I told him to wait and see why. Jim had gotten out of his car. It was pouring outside and Pam made a joke about she had driven farther to meet him. Without any words, he got down on one knee and pulled out a ring.

"That’s why. It just seems totally out of blue, but they both knew they wanted to get married. It's just so cute!" He chuckled and placed a kiss on my forehead. We finished the episode and the next one started.

The sound of the door closing in the show and in the apartment made me turn my head to see who it was. "How was your date?"

Anne blushed, "It wasn't a date. We just went out for dinner and a short walk."

Kris turned his head to look at her, "Did he kiss you?" She blushed and he smirked. Kris turned his attention back to the TV. "Then it was a date."

"Whatever, I'm going to bed. Night."

"Goodnight." We focused our attention back to the TV. Kris started playing with my hair.

"What are you doing for Christmas?" His fingers kept moving through my hair.

"I don't know. I don't have enough time to go home, so I'll probably just stay here and travel with those left behind to Montreal. Why?"

"You should come to Montreal early with me, Marc, and Max. My parents offered for all of us to stay at their house."

"I don't know. Do your parents know about us?" He stopped his hands and wrapped them around my waist.

"They know there's this great girl who's on the equipment staff and that I have a girlfriend, but I don't think they've put the two together."

"Alright, I'll go. But just because I want to see your childhood bedroom." I turned my head and faced him. A smile grew on his face and he leaned down to kiss me.

***

"I'm going to miss having you around." I held Anne in a hug as long as I could. "I was getting sick of just the guys hanging around." We pulled apart.

"It’s weird not having you in Minnesota too."

"We’ll be there in January, so not too long from now." She nodded and gave Kris a brief hug.

"Thanks for letting me stay at your place."

"Anytime. You're always welcome to stay with us." She smiled and turned to Sid.

"We’ll let you guys have a minute," I grabbed Kris' hand and pulled him a few feet away. I couldn't hear their conversation, but I could tell this was hurting them both. Sid had his hands around her waist and her arms were around his neck. There foreheads were touching and Sid told her something.

"They really fell for each other, didn't they?" Kris pulled me into his chest.

"I'm glad. Sid needed a girl like Anne. They seem perfect together already." I looked up at him and he smiled. He leaned down and kissed me. “I’m glad we’re together.”

“Me too.” I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him. Sid kissed Anne and walked towards us. Anne waved before turning to get in line for the security check. We walked out to find the car parked where it was supposed to be. "I already miss her." I told the two boys.

"Yeah," Sid spoke from the back, "But when she comes to Pittsburgh again she's staying at my place."

I laughed, "She’s my best friend, Sid. You might have to fight me for that right.”

“As long as she comes back, I don’t care where she stays.” I smiled at his comment. I knew Anne wouldn’t be away from Pittsburgh very long.
♠ ♠ ♠
Anne's gone. But that means there will be more of Kris and Greta! Any thoughts?