Status: Curretnly being re-written

Escape the Fate

1

*Gerard's POV*

"You are going the wrong way! You were supposed to turn on that rode down back there!!" My father yelled to my mum as she drove down the highway in our rental car. My little brother, Michael (Mikey, as I called him) was asleep by next me, his head on his bag.

"No Donald!! I know where I am going! We need to keep driving and get off at that exit right there!!" She hollered back at him not taking her eyes off of the road. I put my headphones in my ears and blasted some good Bowie.

"Gerard! Get your ass up! We're here," my father yelled at me pulling my legs and torso out of the car. I slammed on the road, landing on my butt. Slowly I gathered myself off the floor and started grabbing bags and boxes. I looked around us. I saw similar houses around with nice green lawns and nice trees. In some windows kids and their parents stood standing there just staring at us. A boy about Mikey's age and a girl probably the boy's twin came out of nowhere with a woman, their mother. The woman asked if she could help my mom, they introduced briefly before finishing carrying the things in. The girl went over to Mikey and the boy came to me.

"Hi," he shyly smiled and waved. He had black skinny jeans on with and over sized black 'Misfits' hoodie, red high top converse, and fingerless gloves. He was small, short and thin. He looked like he could pass for eight if he really wanted to. "I'm F-frank," his voice cracked a bit when he spoke. He held out a thin hand as if for me to shake it.

I shook his hand firmly saying, "Gerard." He smiled and just looked at me. I finally let go of his hand and turned around to pick up another box. Without saying a word Frank grabbed a box to. He followed me in and we set the boxes down in what I could only assume was the living room with the others. Once we finished me and my brother picked our rooms. Frank helped me gather my things and throw them into my basement room. I didn't bother to unpack the big things. But some smaller stuff I did and Frank helped. By the time it was dark out we were mostly done and all sitting in the kitchen with glasses of water.

"So I never got to fully introduce myself," Frank's mom started looking over at me. "I'm Linda," she smiled then turned to her kids. "This is Frank and Fiona." My mother smiled and my father seemed to be in another world.

"I am Donna," my mom said smiling. "This is my husband, Donald." My dad gave a fake smile. "And my sons, Gerard and Michael." I smiled my best smile that I could push and Mikey looked thrilled to have new friends. "Gerard, Michael why don't you four go find a game to play." I hated how my mother treated me and my brother like we were still six.

I followed Mikey and Fiona up stairs, Frank trailed slowly behind us all. We sat on the floor of Mikey's new room, thinking of what to do. "I'm gonna go finish unpacking," I said leaving the room full of kids. This is going to be tougher than I thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter of the re-written. It'll be a slow coming of this all but hopefully it will start up smooth soon.