Status: HIATUS AND MAJOR REWRITING

Rumored Nights

Chapter Sixteen

We stared at Liam, a little afraid of what he was going to do.

“Heyyy guys. I’m sexy…” Liam announced, slurring his words. Maybe even a little more than before.

“What…?” Niall asked and we all gave each other scared and concerned and mostly confused looks.

“Um…sure…” Louis nodded, trying to get Liam to just go to sleep or something and stop being crazy.

“I’m too sexy for my shoes,” Liam began to sing his own version of the ‘I’m too sexy’ song while taking his shoes off and throwing them across the room.

“What?!” Niall repeated and we all just looked on in astonishment, and, of course, amusement.

“I’m too sexy for that booze, too sexy for the news, to sexy for my hat, too sexy for your cat. MEEEEEEOOOOOWWWWWW!!!” Liam sang. And yes, meowed. As hard as it is to believe, I’m not making this up…Liam Payne meowed. We were all still kind of shocked at this point, especially when he broke into dance.

“I’m too sexy for this dance, too sexy for these pants.” Liam kept singing and actually proceeded to take his pants off, leaving him in dark blue plaid boxers.

“LIAM!” Louis’ eyes went wide.

“AGH!” Harry yelled.

“What the…” Came from Zayn.

“Put some pants on!!” Niall demanded.

Oohhh baby, baby… Is what I secretly thought, but I was so dumbfounded that I just stood there, eyes opened wide in complete and total shock.

“I’m too sexy for you Haz, too sexy for that vase,” Liam went on dancing and singing and we wondered when he was going to stop. But it was just too funny that we didn’t want to interfere.

“I’m too sexy for that bed, you coconut head!” Liam was really getting into his dancing now.

“I’m too sexy for my shirt, so sexy it huuuurrrttttsssss…” Liam moaned and then took his shirt off. Well, only the top one. He was now in a white t-shirt and those boxers.

“Will he stop stripping?!” Louis yelled as the guys looked away right when he reached for his shirt. Liam started slurring more and I could tell he was getting tired.

“I’m too sexy for this room, bada bada boom!” Liam swung his hips around as he ended his beautiful song.

“Wow…” Niall said blankly.

“Um…you’re really sexy?” Louis asked, shrugging.

“What the…” Zayn said again.

“Uh…I liked your song.” Harry bit his lip.

“Oh my God.” Was all I could say. I was still shocked at what was going on here…and the fact that I had heard Liam meow.

“My head hurts…” Liam moaned, sprawling out on one of the beds. “Zayn?” Liam asked in a soft voice. Zayn felt bad for his wasted friend so he came closer.

“Yeah?” He hesitated.

“Go make me a sandwich!” Liam demanded.

“Um…” Zayn looked around, not really sure how to answer.

“You guys…is he really going to be okay?” Harry asked.

“Yeah. I think he needs some water or something. Maybe some food too,” Niall suggested as we all agreed.

“Hey Harry. Didn’t you bring some food and stuff along with your Frisbee?” Louis asked, being half sarcastic.

“Ha ha. Yeah, I do have some stuff, but it’s in the van.”

“Speaking of food, I’m pretty hungry too. I’ll go get it.” Louis offered, standing up.

“Maybe I should go…” Zayn suggested. He didn’t really know if Louis would be okay out there alone, because he was obviously drunk too.

Louis agreed and pulled the keys out of his pocket, handing them to Zayn.

“Be right back,” Zayn smiled as he walked out the door, hesitating a tiny bit as he feared the old woman could possibly be in the lobby.

“He looks like he’s falling asleep. We should move him up on the bed.” I pointed to a sleepy looking Liam. Harry nodded and helped me roll Liam into place on the bed.

“Who’s sleeping with him?” Harry asked, hesitantly.

“You can man…” Niall offered, smirking.

“No way. Not unless he eats a whole tube of toothpaste.” Harry shuttered, remembering the stomach turning scent of Liam’s barfy alcoholic breath.

“Fine, I will.” I tried to sound like I didn’t want to, when in reality it was no problem for me at all.

“Four of us can’t sleep on one bed. It has to be three and three. So I guess I’ll sleep with them.” Louis offered. I wanted to just say that I’d sleep on the floor, but I bit my lip to keep it to myself.

“Sweet,” Niall shrugged. “Oh God, wait. That means I have to sleep with a snoring Zayn AND Harry?!” He moaned.

“Shut up,” Harry laughed, shoving Niall.

Image

Zayn unlocked the van and pulled out Harry’s bag. There were lots of chips and stuff so Zayn grabbed those. He also took up the first aid kit, because he knew the ibuprofen in there would be needed for the hangovers that were to come in the morning.

Zayn tried to shut the door, but the seat belt got caught and the door bounced back.

“Ugh! Damn seat belt…” He complained to himself. He tried to shut it again, but it made a weird noise that didn’t sound right. “Whatever. It’s shut.” He shrugged and made his way back to the room.

“I got the food!” Zayn yelled.

“Shh!” We all hushed Zayn, pointing to a sleeping Liam.

“Oh!” Zayn whispered and tip toed to the center of the room where the guys were watching some late night talk show on the old tv that surprisingly worked.

“Yay food!” They all exclaimed in whispers so they wouldn’t wake Liam, because they feared he would put on another musical or strip show; whatever that had been.

Image

After the guys ate, Louis suggested we head to sleep since we needed to get back on the road early.

In the first bed was Liam, Louis and I. I was so unlucky to be sleeping in between Louis and Liam. The two boys I (possibly) loved, but couldn’t choose from. And I was smooched in between them, making a love triangle sandwich. Well, there’s that sandwich you asked for Liam.

On the second bed was Harry, Zayn, and Niall. Zayn was sprawled out in the middle while Niall and Harry fought him for the covers, smacking him so he would stop hogging them all.

Once everyone was snoring and drooling and scratching their butts in their sleep, still looking cute while doing it, I was wide awake. My emotions kept me from sleeping and I just wanted everything to be figured out so it was okay again. It also didn’t help that Zayn and Harry were snoring so loudly that it basically shook the room. I sighed and rolled over to find Liam’s eyes open wide, staring at me.

“Liam!” I yelled in a whisper. He had scared me.

“Oh, sorry Alex.” He whispered back, knowing that he had scared me.

“It’s okay,” I smiled. “What’s up?”

“Nothing. I just can’t get to sleep…”

“Oh. Me neither.” I nodded, understanding. “Why can’t you fall asleep?”

“Well, other than the fact that I have a splitting headache coming on, I was just thinking.”

“Thinking about what?” I asked.

“You. Mostly.” He whispered even softer. Even though the room was dark, I knew he was blushing. That’s just how Liam was.

“Wow, that’s crazy. I was up thinking about you too.” I admitted, not including that I was also thinking of Louis and Zayn.

“Yeah, that is kind of crazy. I’ve been thinking about you all night. I think that might be why I had so many drinks.” Liam told me and I could tell that those drinks were starting to wear off and the read, wonderful and amazing Liam was coming back.

“Wait, I’m lost. You’re drunk because of me?” I really shouldn’t be flattering myself here.

“Yeah…I kept wishing you were there with me and I couldn’t stop thinking about you once.” He told me.

“Really? Well, I’m sorry I made you drunk.” I apologized and laughed a little bit.

“Haha,” He laughed and then sweetly touched my face and then letting his fingers run through my hair. And just like that I was falling for Liam all over again. “Well, just being near you kind of gets me love drunk.” He said and I started feeling the intensity.

“Well, it’s a good thing you don’t sing and strip every time you get some kind of drunk.” I laughed, trying to lighten the mood. He just laughed and smiled at me.

“Yeah, you’re right. But listen, Alex. I…I’ve realized that I really do have strong feelings of ryou and I just…I think I…” Liam began and I knew the next word that was coming and I feared it ever so much. ‘Love’. I wasn’t completely ready to hear it from Liam.

“Shhh…” I put my finger to Liam’s soft lips and he stopped, because he knew that this wasn’t the time.

“Let’s talk about this in the morning…” He suggested.

“Okay.” I smiled, even though I doubted he could see it. “Goodnight, Liam.”

“Goodnight, Alex.” He whispered and held my hand as we fell asleep, not knowing what tomorrow might bring…
♠ ♠ ♠
Probably the shortest update I've written. I didn't have time to do more. I wasn't even going to put up another chapter today, but since I won't be able to update the rest of the week due to finals I thought I'd throw this up. :) QUESTION TIME: Leave a comment with who you think is right for Alex. I want to know who you want her to be with in the end (even though I already have the end written. Don't worry, it's not coming for a LONG TIME). Anyways, comments and feedback are always welcomed/loved/and appreciated! Please subscribe and tell your friends to check out this story! Thanks to everyone's comments and those who subscribed! It means a lot!