Status: HIATUS AND MAJOR REWRITING

Rumored Nights

Chapter Twenty Seven

"Okay, I'm done." Harry laughed, shaking his head.

"Well, I'm not!" Zayn smiled, wanting to go on.

"You can go solo then." Harry sat down, rolling his eyes.

"Okay. Hmmm...what should I sing?" Zayn asked, but nobody really cared all that much.

"Zayn, just get down before you hurt yourself." Liam advised as Niall began to put his guitar away.

"Just one more song," Zayn begged like a little kid.

"Oh God..." Niall rolled his eyes.

"On the day I was born," Zayn began singing and shaking his stuff more than ever. "The nurses all gathered 'round. And they gazed in wide wonder, at the joy they had found. The head nurse spoke up, said "leave this one alone". She could tell right away, that I was bad to the bone," Zayn sang.

The other boys just shook their heads. Then Zayn got into it even more.

"Bad to the bone. Bad to the bone. B-B-B-Bad, B-B-B-Bad. B-B-B-Bad. Bad to the bone." He sang as he danced around. But right after he finished his 'bad to the bone' part...Zayn lost his balance. In perfect Zayn style, he tumbled off the picnic table and landed in the dirt.

"I told him he was going to hurt himself..." Liam said in a I-told-you-so tone.

"Owww..." Zayn rolled over and moaned and looked down at his dirt covered outfit.

Speaking of dirt....

Image

Louis and I were covered in it too. Probably because all this time we'd been gone we were rolling around in the dirt, kissing.

We had decided that we should get back now, because the sun was starting to set and we had no idea what was going on with the bus.

Also...we were kind of lost.

Louis helped me up and we brushed each other off the best we could; picking leaves out of each other's hair. I couldn't help myself when I saw some dirt on Louis' adorable butt, so I playfully patted it off with my hand. He just smiled and pulled me closer again.

Uh oh. Here we go again...

Louis kissed me, but only quickly. But it was enough to drive me crazy. Was he just teasing me?

We parted and held hands as we looked around.

"Okay, which way did we come in?" Louis asked, looking around. It all looked the same.

"Uh...over there. No wait, maybe it was there...I don't really know." I said, feeling kind of sick now. Were we really lost?

"Uh oh,"

"Uh oh, what?" I looked at him.

"I can't remember either..." He bit his lower lip.

"Well this can't be good..." I felt a little uneasy.

Duh.

"Nope...Not really..." He sighed. Thanks for reassuring me, Lou.

"Let's just go over here and see if we remember the way..." I tugged on Louis' hand.

"Do these trees look familiar?" He asked.

"Uh, Lou...they're trees. They all look the same!!! Tall and brown..." I stressed.

"Good point..." Louis frowned up at the trees.

"Well, you know how you said you wanted to stay here forever?" I asked. Louis looked at me and nodded. "I think your wish could have just come true."

We walked in silence for a bit. My heart was racing at the thought of dying in these woods. Maybe I was overreacting a bit...

"You okay?" Louis squeezed my hand, bringing me back to focus. He could tell I was really freaking out. "Hey, look...I promise we are not going to be lost here forever. I would never let that happen to you." He pulled my hand up and kissed it.

"You sure?"

"Yeah. I think I hear them up ahead." He smiled.

"Thank God," I let out a little laugh and so did he.

We walked up a big hill and towards an open patch of light.

"Hey," He pulled back a minute. I looked at him, waiting for him to continue. "Thanks for going somewhere romantic with me." He whispered in my ear in his irresistible way.

"I would go anywhere with you," I smiled back at him as we heard Zayn, or someone, moaning in pain. But our money was that it was Zayn.

"That must be them," Louis laughed.

He leaned in and gave me one last kiss, not too sure when we would be able to do this again. We smiled at each other and then let go.

We walked out of the woods and back to the picnic table where we found everyone but Zayn sitting at. Zayn was lying on the ground.

"What happened to him?" Louis asked.

"Where have you guys been??" Harry looked at us in a strange way.

Wouldn't you like to know...

"Is he okay?" Louis asked, trying to avoid Harry's question as he pointed to a hurt Zayn on the ground.

"Yeah, he's fine." Harry shrugged, laughing a bit. Zayn attempted to get off the ground, but was failing. Louis, in his caring and sweet way, went over and helped him over to the picnic table.

“Thanks,” Zayn sighed as he held onto his back where it hurt.

“Now don’t fall off again,” Niall joked.

“Shut up,” Zayn growled as he felt the sting where he had fallen.

“I might regret asking you this, but how exactly did you fall?” Louis shook his head.

“Long story short, I was dancing on the table and I fell off.” Zayn admitted.

Louis opened his mouth, but wasn’t sure what to say. “I don’t want to know...” He put his hands up, not really surprised.

“He was getting pretty wild. So, where...” Harry began to ask his question again, but I stopped him this time.

“Why is our stuff out of the bus?” I pointed to our group of luggage.

“Oh yeah. The bus has something else wrong with it, so the bus company is just sending another bus.” Harry explained.

You sure miss a lot when you’re gone.

We shrugged it off.

“So where have you guys been?” Harry finally blurted out his question before Louis and I could stop him.

“Oh, you know. We just went on a walk.” Louis said like it was no big deal.

“A very long walk...” Niall added.

“Uh, yeah. We kind of...got lost.” I tried laughing it off.

No one was buying it.

“Oh, okay. Is that why there’s a leaf in your hair?” Zayn asked me.

I could feel my eyes growing wider.

“Oh yeah. She did a Zayn and fell.” Louis came to my rescue.

Still not completely buying it.

“Ooookay. Whatever. At least you guys are back.” Niall shrugged as Louis pulled the leaf out of my hair.

I walked around in circles as the boys just went into their own conversation. I eventually gave up my pacing and took a seat next to Liam.

Liam.

Being next to him made me remember the situation I was in. Did I love Liam or Louis? I could never decide, but when I was kissing them I thought that they were the one.

“Hey look, the sun’s setting.” Niall pointed to the pretty pink Kansas sky “And we’re in the deep, dark woods...”

“Oh God, here we go again.” Harry rolled his eyes.

“And we’re six kids. Five guys and one girl. Camping out in these deep, dark woods...” Niall started using his scary story telling voice again.

“Shut up...” Zayn said under his breath.

“What was that?!” Louis asked, playing along.

“Cut the crap...” Zayn begged.

“No, no. What was that?” Harry joined in.

“AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!” Liam screamed. “It’s Trenton Miller the killer!!!!”

“AHHHH!!!!” Zayn jumped up, forgetting about his table dancing injuries.

“Chill out Zayn. You’re so gullible.” Louis shook his head, laughing.

“Stop scaring me!!” He pleaded.

We all laughed it off and headed down into a field where there was an old camp ground.

“Anybody have any matches?” Zayn searched his pockets, as if he would magically find some.

“I don’t know. Check Harry’s bag.” Louis laughed.

“Ha, ha. Verrrrryyyyy funny.” Harry rolled his eyes.

“Let’s do it the old fashioned way.” Zayn requested, letting out his inner boy scout.

“Let’s not. I can only imagine you making fire. I’m too tired to get caught on fire.” Louis said, rejecting Zayn’s idea.

Zayn shrugged and backed away as Niall and Louis went to find someone with matches or a lighter.

After they returned and lit the fire, everyone went on with their own little conversations.

“Alex?” Liam’s voice broke my thoughts.

“Liam?” I asked back, looking into his wonderful eyes.

“Want to go get some fresh air?” He smiled. Even though we were already outdoors and it was nothing but fresh air, I knew what he meant.

“Sure,” I smiled back.

We went and sat up on the hill and looked at the sunset. It was kind of sappy, but if you were sitting there with Liam you wouldn’t care how cliche it was. He made it seem romantic.

“I missed you,” He told me, getting a little closer.

“I missed you too.” I smiled as I rested my head on his chest.

Liam smelt different than Louis, but he still smelt good and was irresistible. It was funny how two boys could be so different and I could love them both the same.

Why did Liam have to be sweet and make me feel so good. I could never resist him. Here I found myself falling for him again. I mean falling hard and falling fast. Just like I had done with Louis.

“I know this might sound a little crazy and everything....but do you and Louis have something going on?” Liam spoke up.

It’s not as crazy as you think...

But I didn’t have the heart to tell him.

“Me and Lou?” I asked, looking him in the eyes and then looking away. I couldn’t lie to his face. “No way, we’re just friends.”

Liar!

I couldn’t tell Liam. It would break his heart. So I told a little white lie so he wouldn’t get hurt.

“Okay good,” He smiled and kissed the top of my head.

Someone just shoot me so I can stop lying and hurting people. I was absolutely TERRIBLE.

After a while longer of being in Liam’s comfy arms it was finally dark. Liam led me back to the fire and we joined our friends.

Conversations went on and my mind zoned out once again.

How could I keep doing this to both Louis and Liam? They were both great guys and neither of them deserved this. I wanted to just give my heart to one guy and one guy only...but with both guys it was too hard to make a decision just yet.

The worst part about this was that the night had only begun...
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so, so sorry it took me forever to get up this chapter. I had to rewrite, because my laptop broke and everything I had was on it. I also had company here for a while so I didn't have time to write. Anyway, I hope you like this chapter. Sorry that it's basically filler. I'll make sure to write some juicy stuff next. Please leave me some comments, subscribe, and hit recommend if you can!! If you're into Larry Stylinson, please go read my fic called "Hush Hush, Keep it Down Now, Voices Carry". I'll update again soon! :)