The More Boys I Meet

Nine

We both collapsed on our towels and sighed. “What are the chances they’ll find us?” I asked.

“We have to go back sometime Ells,” he told me. “They’ll be waiting.”

Ells. I thought back and I don’t think he ever called me Ells before. I kind of liked it.

I giggled at the thought of their faces. “Ah, we’re so going to die.”

“I tried to help you and you now I’ve got a target on my ass because of you,” he said. “Sit up. You need sun lotion.”

I sat up and pulled my long dark hair in front so he could get my back. He worked slow, methodically, getting every inch of my back. “Thank you,” I smiled at him when he was done. “Your turn.”

I worked the same way he did, but not for the same reason. He was more probably focused on me not getting skin cancer. I, however was enjoying his bare smooth skin beneath my hands. Unfortunately it had to come to an end.

We laid there under the blazing sun for another little bit, just enjoying the fact that we got out.

“Stalberg’s probably tracking us right now,” Marcus said after a bit.

“That’s why we parked a couple of blocks away,” I told him.

“I’m pretty sure they can figure out we’re at the beach.”

I took my sunglasses off and looked around. “The beach is packed. Good luck to them.”

He laughed. “If you say so.”

I don’t know how long I fell asleep for, but I woke up to a shadow blocking my sun. “Marcus?” I asked.

“Hello Princess,” he sounded more evil than I had ever heard him sound before.

“YOUR CAR WAS THE FIRST PAIR OF KEYS I COULD GRAB I AM SO SORRY VIKTOR PLEASE DON’T KILL ME I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!” I cried as he picked me up in one scoop. “What are you doing?! Viktor! Listen to me!” I wailed. “Marcus!” I searched frantically, but I saw Pat, Hammer, and Seabs had him. “Marcus I am so sorry!” I reached for him, but he was too busy fighting off the three idiots.

“Goodbye,” Viktor said and he threw me. Literally threw me a good ten feet before I hit the water at a high speed. He was stronger than I thought he was.

I must have been pretty deep, because it took a while for my ass to hit the bottom. I grabbed my sunglasses and pushed up from the ground to air.

“Gah!” I spluttered, coughing up Lake Michigan water. Bleh. . .

“Wah!” came another shout and a body, most likely Marcus, drove me underwater yet again. I struggled to get up for air, considering I didn’t take a breath before going under again.

I opened my eyes and saw Marcus landing the bottom, looking quite pissed even under water. I grabbed his wrist and we swam up to the surface coughing and spluttering.

“I am so sorry!” I gasped in between breaths.

“It’s fine,” he replied. “It’s fine,” he kept repeating.

We swam up to shore and back to our spots where the boys had their own towels and umbrellas set up.

“You really weren’t kidding Ells,” Pat joked. “You really do have beach things in every single car.”

I shook all the excess water all over him. “There will be poison in your next meal,” I said darkly.

“Duly noted,” he wiped a few droplets from his forehead. “Was the water nice?”

“Actually it was. Thank you for asking.”

I laid back down on my towel, the hot sun drying me almost right away. Marcus sat down next to me, drying off his arms. “Aren’t you glad you ran away with me?” I asked, suppressing a smile.

“Well I couldn’t let you go it alone,” he replied. “And better than staying with the cranky team,” he nodded his head at the rest of them. “They’re PMSing or something,” he smiled before laying down and falling asleep almost instantaneously.
♠ ♠ ♠
because I finally finished my research paper...how i loathe it so