The More Boys I Meet

Eight

The next morning I awoke to an empty bed and the bright sun streaming in through my curtains. I smiled to myself as I got dressed for absolutely no reason at all. Just cause.

I skipped down the stairs thinking about the toast I was going to make and which jam I was going to spread over said toast this morning. I hit the last step and instead of hitting the floor, my foot met something harder and then I found myself sprawled on the floor. . . .and bodies.

“The hell. . . ?” Corey Crawford woke up to me landing on him. “Get off me you fatty,” he mumbled, still sleeping, and pushed me off and cuddled back up to the pillow he was using.

I stood up irritated, my good mood ruined and stormed towards the kitchen, tripping over yet another body. That time it was Seabs, who just kind of fluttered his hand and groaned.

“Patrick?” I whispered/yelled. “Patrick!”

“Upstairs in his warm bed you inconsiderate bitch,” came the muffled mutter of none other than Viktor Stalberg.

“Why are you all here?”

“Is the power on?”

I looked around and noticed for the first time that we didn’t have any power whatsoever. “Nope.”

“Then leave me alone you inconsiderate bitch.”

“I guess that means no toast,” I sighed loudly, making sure to step on all of the ways while making me way up the steps. “Inconsiderate bitch at her best. Sleep tight my lovelies,” I crooned, climbing up the stairs two at a time.

True to their word, Patrick was in his warm bed. “Patty. . .” I whined, poking him on the head. “Pattycake!”

“What Ellie? What could you possibly want at. . . wait I can’t check what time it is because THE POWER IS OUT AND SOME IDIOTS USED UP MY ENTIRE PHONE BATTERY PLAYING ANGRY BIRDS!” he shouted and I just sat back and waited.

“Well I’m going to the beach. You’re more than welcome to join me Mr. Cranky Pants.”

“No,” he said stubbornly, pulling the covers over his head.

“It’s supposed to be a hot one today,” I tugged the blankets off.

“Says who?”

“My fully charged phone,” I smirked.

“Why you little. . .” he jumped up and I screamed, running for my life. . .which meant stumbling down the stairs, stepping on everyone to make obstacles for myself.

After three or four bodies, someone grabbed my ankle and pulled me down under the blankets.

“If I hide you will you just stop stepping on me?” came the familiar Swedish voice of none other than Marcus Kruger.

“Sounds like a deal to me,” I smiled.

“Good,” he mumbled and fell back asleep.

I just gaped at him. Everyone was yelling, it was hot under here and he fell asleep in like two seconds flat? The fuck kind of super power did he have and where could I get one exactly like it?

“Ellie!” came Pat’s voice.

My eyes widened and I quieted my breathing. Maybe they’d forget about me. . .

“We’re going to the beach!” Viktor shouted.

I shot up faster than I ever had before. “I CAN FINALLY GO TO THE BEACH?!”

“There she is!” they all shouted.

“Aw shit!” I swore and picked up Marcus, shielding my body with the just waking up poor boy.

“The hell woman!” he shouted. “I hide you and this is how you repay me?!”

“Fine! Run with me!”

He ran with me, not because he wanted to but because he had no other choice. The mob was closing in and to get to me they had to get through him.

We ran outside and we unlocked the car I had the keys for. We paused momentarily at the car that beeped.

“Seriously? This is our death. I’m going to die before the season starts,” he looked pointedly at me before he took the keys from me and got into the driver’s seat of Viktor’s car; his baby.

“Where am I driving to?!” he asked as the hockey mob got closer and closer. I couldn’t see Viktor’s face and that was probably a good thing.

“To the beach!” I shouted.

“What?” he shouted as he peeled out.

“I’ve got beach stuff in every car,” I smiled sheepishly. “Just in case of a spontaneous beach day. So we’re good to go!”

He took turns gaping at me and the road. “You are by far the weirdest and craziest girl I’ve ever met!”

I shrugged. “Boy, you’ve got no idea what you all have done to me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you all for the comments! They make me so happy :)