The More Boys I Meet

Thirty One

“So,” Alice said as we lounged on the couch waiting for the first intermission to end so the game between the Hawks and the Hurricanes could resume play the next night.

“Yes?” I asked, pouring some more wine into my glass.

“You weren’t kidding about the boys.”

I laughed. “No, no I wasn’t. What do you think about them?”

She grinned. “I can see why you’re all friends. They’re really loud and kind of crazy but kind of loveable,” she admitted.

“Who’s the cutest?” I asked, popping a piece of chocolate into my mouth. “Come on!” I kept going even after she gave me a look. “I know you have an opinion because every girl does.”

She sighed and picked out another piece of chocolate from the bag of goodies we stole from Pat. I left him some apples in place this time to appease him. Or piss him off. Whichever was fine by me.

“Well I have to admit, Marcus is pretty adorable, but,” she paused, taking a drink of her wine.

“But who?!” I asked.

“I have to say Viktor wins the award. He’s stunning really. Like model boy stunning.”

“I know, right? He doesn’t believe me that he’s model boy pretty. Don’t ever call him pretty,” I told her. “It doesn’t end well for anyone.”

She laughed. “Well I wonder why. Men don’t like to be called pretty Ellie!”

I shrugged. “Well he is! He’s prettier than me for heaven’s sake!”

She smiled a devilish look and I sighed. “Want to know what else I noticed about the boys?” she asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

“No not really,” I answered. “You’re smiling creepily.”

She stood on the couch and started dancing. “MARCUS IS SOO IN LOVE WITH YOU!” she sang at the top of her lungs.

I pulled her down. “No he is not!”

She shrieked with laughter. “Girl I will tape him! The way he looks at you alone is something out of a fairytale! And he is so totally bummed that I’m here.”

“What?! He is not!” I protested.

“Pshaw,” she waved her hand at me. “If it means that I’m sleeping in your room, he’s against it. You told me that you guys sleep together all the time when you’re home. I’m taking up that other half of your bed girlie.”

I opened my mouth, but nothing came out. “You’re right,” I said slowly after a moment of contemplation.

She looked at me smugly. “When are you two going to get something going?!”

“Um,” I gave her a look that hopefully implied that she was crazy. “Alice!”

She rolled her eyes. “Aw come on! What’s holding you back Ells?”

I shrugged. “I dunno.”

“Exactly,” she said, handing me my wine glass. “But don’t you worry. I won’t tell anyone. Especially those other boys of your’s. They’re like school girls, gossiping all the time. But yeah, lips are sealed,” she assured.

And I hugged her because she was the best girl friend I had ever had, even though I had only known her for about two months. It didn’t matter. I only knew Pat for a night when I decided we would become best friends and I only met Marcus once before I decided that he was not going to be just another one of Pat’s hockey friends.

Marcus was right when he said I wasn’t conventional. Might as well throw it right out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's a little short and more of a filler, but I felt her and Alice needed bonding time :) hope you liked it!