Status: INDEFINITE HIATUS

Smash Into Me

don't you know the best ones are crazy?

“Day two of being bored as fuck,” Kayleigh sighed, plopping down on to her unmade hotel bed. She threw herself back and let out a loud groan. She sat back up and narrowed her eyes at Sierra as she thought. “Did we bring those mini bikes with us?”

Sierra thought for a moment. She then snapped her fingers. They did in fact bring mini bikes with them. “Yes! Wanna go ride around town?” She said, her eyes sparkling with hope.

“Of course I do!” Kayleigh laughed, jumping off the bed. Sierra sprang to her feet and led the way out of the hotel room.

They made their way down to the lobby, then out to the back parking lot. Buses were all nicely lined up. The two girls made their way down the line of buses, eventually stopping once they reached bus fifty-three.

“Do you have keys to unlock the trailer?” Sierra asked, going to the back of the bus where the trailer was hitched. Kayleigh pulled the keys off of her belt loop, handing them to Sierra. “Ah, gracias.”

“De nada,” Kayleigh nodded.

Sierra unlocked the trailer and lowered the ramp, eyes immediately landing on the two mini bikes just sitting there next to Anthony’s drums. “Let’s go,” She said, stepping in and getting one. She wheeled it out and down the ramp.

Kayleigh went in and got the second one, wheeling it down the ramp as well. “I think the keys for these things are on the bus…”

“I know where they are. Lemme go get them,” Sierra said, running to the front of the bus. Kayleigh leaned the bikes against the side of the trailer and put the ramp back up, locking it.

“Kayleigh!” A voice shouted behind her. She whipped her head around and saw Max making his way to her. She gave a soft smile as he got closer. “What are you doing out here?”

“Sierra and I were just gonna go ride our badass mini bikes,” She laughed, motioning to the two bikes leaning against the trailer. “Have you seen Josh?”

"Honestly, I've not talked to him properly in a couple days," Max replied, taking a long drag of his cigarette. "He's been a massive twat."

Kayleigh nodded, not wanting to push the subject any further. She knew the guys weren't talking. She knew that there was a split on the near horizon for You Me At Six.

Sierra stepped off the bus and saw Max with Kayleigh. She smirked and ran, jumping on to Max's back.

"What the fuck?!" Max screamed, dropping the cigarette he had been smoking. Kayleigh and Sierra both laughed loudly. Max glared at Sierra as she jumped off his back. “You nearly gave me a heart attack, you twat.”

Sierra wrapped her arm around Max’s shoulders and squeezed, grinning, “Sorry, Max.”

“Yeah, yeah,” He shrugged her off. He bent down and picked up the cigarette Sierra had made him drop. He stuck it between his lips, making the two girls exchange glances. He really had just picked up a cigarette off the dirty as fuck ground and put it back in his mouth. He rolled his eyes. “Where you riding to?”

“No clue. Around, I guess,” Sierra shrugged, grabbing one of the bikes. She handed one set of keys to Kayleigh before hopping on her bike, starting it, and speeding off down the parking lot.

“If Finn asks where we’re at…just tell him we’re out and about,” Kayleigh laughed, hopping on her own bike and starting it up. She saluted Max before speeding off after Sierra.

Max inhaled the smoke into his lungs, then blew it out to the sky as he watched the two girls speed out of the parking lot. Kayleigh was a catch.

Max hoped Josh didn’t fuck up this relationship with her.

*

“Hi, Hanna,” Josh sighed, rubbing his face roughly with his free hand. He held the phone a little tightly. He didn’t want to talk to Hanna. He wanted to be out with Kayleigh, wherever the hell she was.

“How are you, babe? You sound tired,” Hanna sounded concerned for Josh. That just made him roll his eyes. He knew it was fake concern.

“I’m tired, yeah. Touring takes a lot out of you, you know,” He replied, an edge to his voice. Hanna constantly calling and texting annoyed him to no end. He wanted to go at least three hours without her contacting him.

“I’m sorry. Do you want to go nap?” She asked sadly.

Josh shut his eyes, letting out a small sigh, “No, love. How was your day?”

“Oi, it was fantastic! I went shopping with mum and got a couple new outfits. I can’t wait to show you them when you get back!” She said excitedly. “I really can’t wait to see you again. I miss you so much.”

“I know,” Josh breathed out, annoyed. His eyes shot open. He didn’t mean to say that out loud. Hanna was going to get all pissy and upset over it if he didn’t cover his ass quick. “I – uh, I mean, I know what you mean. I miss you, too.”

“Aw, babe, only a couple more weeks!” She said. Josh could hear the smile in her voice. It made him smile a bit. “Oh my God, tomorrow is your birthday!” She gasped.

Josh had forgotten about his birthday. “Right, it is…”

“What are you gonna do?! You’re turning nineteen! You’re so old!” Hanna giggled, making Josh roll his eyes.

“Playing a show and going out with the lads,” He shrugged. He had no clue what he was doing. But he did know that his mates weren’t going to make a big deal out of it. It was going to be just another day to him. He wished it wasn’t, though. “Nothing special.”

“Babe – ”

“I’ve gotta go, Hanna. I’ll ring you later, yeah?” Josh muttered.

“Oh, okay. I love you.”

Josh cringed, but forced himself to smile and utter the words, “Love you, too” back to her before hanging the phone up and tossing it to the end of the bed.

He got up and stretched. He was gonna go spend the rest of the day with Kayleigh. He grabbed his keycard and slipped it into his back pocket. He left his room without his phone. He wasn’t gonna put up with any calls or texts for the rest of the day.

*

“Race your ass back to the hotel,” Kayleigh smirked, revving her little mini bike engine.

Sierra narrowed her eyes at Kayleigh and mirrored her smirk, “You’re on, bitch.”

“Three, t – ”

“Go!” Sierra shouted, speeding off down the street. Kayleigh sat there, jaw on the ground. That bitch.

After a couple seconds, it registered that Kayleigh should go. She sped off after Sierra, trying her hardest to catch up to her bitch of a friend.

Sierra turned into the hotel parking lot quickly, her bike wobbling as she did so. She got control of it, smiling proudly to herself for regaining control. She raced to bus fifty-three.

Kayleigh was right behind her. She turned into the parking lot just as quickly as Sierra did. Her bike wobbled as well. Unlike Sierra, she couldn’t control it. “Fuck!” She shouted as she slid, her skin scraping against the hot as hell asphalt.

Just as Josh stepped out of the front door of the hotel, he saw Kayleigh slide across the pavement. “Holy fuck,” He breathed out, immediately darting across the parking lot to get to her.

Sierra came sprinting over to Kayleigh. Kayleigh’s arm was bleeding pretty badly, a nice long gash down her arm. “Shit!” Sierra cursed loudly. “Kay, I’m gonna go get Finn.”

Kayleigh nodded softly. She had hit her head on the pavement when she fell off the bike. Her vision was a bit blurry and everything was spinning. Josh came into focus and she smiled softly, “Hey, cutie.”

“Are you okay?” He asked, sounding a bit panicky. “That was a nasty as fuck fall.”

“Pssh, that was nothing,” Kayleigh laughed, trying to stand. She was dizzy as anything. Josh held her down by her shoulders. “Let go, Josh. I’m fine!”

“No, you’re not. You hit your head, love,” He explained.

“Who cares? I’m fine, really. Let me goooo!” She demanded, trying to stand up once again. Josh rolled his eyes and helped her to her feet. She flung her good arm around his neck as his arm wrapped around her waist, helping her stand better. “See? I’m fine.”

“You’re fucking crazy is what you are.”

"The best ones are," She winked. Josh laughed and kissed the top of her head. Kayleigh smiled to herself. She then glanced to the bike lying on the ground about ten feet away from them. Her glasses were lying right next to the bike, broken. "Aw, fucking hell, man."

"What?" Josh asked, confused.

"My fucking glasses are broken," She pouted, still staring at her broken Ray Bans. "Those were my favorite pair, too."

Josh laughed, shaking his head. She was really more concerned about her broken glasses than the accident. "I'll get you a new pair, don't worry about it."

"You will? You're perfect," Kayleigh smiled, looking up at him. She tried to stand on her tip-toes to kiss him, but the dizziness got the best of her. She shut her eyes tight and buried her face in Josh's chest.

"You okay?" He asked, worry washing over him. He watched her shake her head a bit. She glanced up at him, giving him a little grin.

"Yeah, just...a bit dizzy...that's all," She finally answered. "Lean down."

"What? Wh - "

Kayleigh rolled her eyes and grabbed his face, bringing it down to hers. She pressed her lips against Josh's.

Josh pulled away, grinning, "What was that for?"

"I just felt like kissing you," Kayleigh grinned, making Josh laugh.

Mike and Sierra came running out of the hotel. They ran as fast as they could over to the two just standing there laughing.

“Let’s get you to the hospital,” Mike said to Kayleigh as he noticed her eyelids half shut and blood dripping down her arm. “How hard did you fall?”

“I dunno,” Kayleigh shrugged, giggling. “I don’t hurt at all, Mike.”

“Sure you don’t,” He rolled his eyes. “You’ll feel it soon.” He pulled out his phone and dialed for an ambulance.

Josh turned to Kayleigh, still holding her waist tightly. She looked up at him, giving him a tiny smile. He laughed and tucked some hair behind her ear, “So...how’s your head?”

“I'm fine, Joshua,” She said, sticking her tongue out at him. The world started spinning again and she shut her eyes tight. “Holy shit,” She breathed out.

“Are you dizzy? Should you sit down?” Sierra asked as she bit her nails nervously. The blood was still dripping down Kayleigh’s arm and her eyes were still half-closed. Sierra had every right to be worried and nervous. “Josh, make her sit.”

Josh nodded and did as he was told. He picked Kayleigh up bridal style and carried her over to the curb. He slowly sat down, holding her in his lap.

Kayleigh nuzzled her head into Josh’s neck, feeling very tired. “I’m sleepy. I'm gonna take a nap. Hope that's okay with you. Is it? Whatever, I'm doing it anyways,” She rambled.

Josh looked down at Kayleigh. Her eyes were still closed. If she had a concussion, and she most likely did, she shouldn't sleep until she was at the hospital. He reached up and opened her eyes. “Hey, don’t sleep,” He said softly.

She pulled back and shut her eyes again. She wanted nothing more than to sleep.

Josh sighed and opened her eyes once again, “Stop that. You can’t sleep, love.”

“Yes, I can,” She muttered, pulling away further. “Let me sleep.”

“Hey, fuck, what’s wrong with Kayleigh?” Max asked, plopping down on to the curb next to Josh. His eyes landed on the giant gash in her arm, and they instantly went wide. “What the fuck happened?”

“Kayleigh, wake up,” Sierra sighed as she took a seat on Josh’s other side. She pried Kayleigh’s eyelids open and held them open. “You can’t fucking sleep. Do you understand me?”

“She fell off that bike of hers and like, slid across the pavement. It was nasty,” Josh explained to Max as Sierra and Kayleigh fought.

Sirens sounded in the distance, getting louder and louder as they made their way to the hotel. Soon, a ton of band members and guests were outside the hotel, staring at the bleeding girl in Josh’s arms.

“Is that Kayleigh?”

“Dude, what the hell happened to Kayleigh?”

“Is she bleeding?”


“It’s just a scratch, assholes,” Kayleigh muttered, flipping off the crowd as she was loaded in the ambulance. Mike rolled his eyes and climbed in after. A paramedic shut the door before the ambulance sirens started blaring again and it drove off down the street.

Max threw his arm around Josh’s shoulders, “What a catch.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit!

Hey, guys.

Josh and Kayleigh are adorable, yeah? & I thought this was really cute. Did you?

Thank you to -
dan flint.
&
vulgarity
You two are perfect. <3

So, I've gained a shit ton of subscribers/readers, yet I only got two comments on the last chapter. Why? Why are you guys silent!? Please, please, please tell me what you think of this, okay?

Yeah, okay. I'm going to bed now. Night!

x.