Status: whatevs

I Must Be Blind, to Not Have Seen the Signs

S E V E N T E E N

Pip’s P.O.V.


It was Saturday afternoon and I was sat on the sofa watching reruns on E4 when someone rung my doorbell. I ran over to the door but when I opened it there was no one there. I looked up and down the corridor but it was empty.

Something caught my eye though and I looked down to find a box with my name on the top. I picked it up and brought it inside. There was a piece of paper but I was too impatient to read it so I got out what was in the box.

It was the dress that I’d tried on when I’d gone out shopping with josh the day before. It was over priced but I’d fallen in love with it the moment I’d seen it. My heart began to hammer and I smiled lightly before reading the note that was with it.

I’m guessing you skipped the note and went straight for the box
If so, I hope it’s the right size.
You told me you need somewhere to wear it too so I’ll pick you up tonight about seven?
make sure you wear the dress
Love joshy x


It was kinda freaky that he knew I’d skip note, but it was the fact the put make sure you wear the dress in. the first thought when I’d seen it was that there was no way on this earth that I was wearing it anywhere. It was too much for him to get it for me. And it’s like he knew I would react that way so he wrote it down to make sure I would wear it.

Time had seemed to escape me and josh would be here in about an hour and a half so I took a quick shower and dried my hair quickly. Not bothering to straighten it or anything. I know that sounded lazy, but I liked my hair when it was a bit all over the place compared to being dead straight and boring.

I did my make up next, but decided to go all out this time. I did my eyes dark and smokey, and picked out the deepest red lipstick I had. Then I just needed shoes and a bag plus all the silly accessories which I found in no time at all. It was just the dress next.

I mean there was no harm in trying it on again right? So I slipped it on and stood in front of the full length mirror. Okay so it was official that I was in love with it. To most people it would just be a dress. There was nothing exciting about it really, but the way it made me feel made it that much more special. It was like a huge confidence boost.

The doorbell went, and my eyes flashed over to the clock. Yup, it was seven alright. So I walked over to the door and opened it. On this other side was josh, but it was a josh I’d never seen before. His hair was still its messy self but somewhat more tamed than usual. He was wearing a shirt, buttoned all the way to the top with a dark blue blazer over it, dark skinny jeans and smart shoes.

He looked up at me and gave me that look he did when he first saw me a few months back in their dressing room. I never forgot that look. It made something in the pit of my stomach do a little flip.

“I have a bone to pick with you mister” I told him and he looked at me with such an innocent look before smiling.

“Me? What have I done?”

“You know what. You didn’t need to do all this”

“I wanted to” he said looking right into my eyes. “Now are you ready?”

“I’ll just get my bag” I smiled and then went back to josh at the door. He held his arm out to me and I took it before we set off. ”So where we going?” I asked once we were outside. Josh didn’t call a cab or anything so we were just walking down the road. He just tapped the side of his nose, signalling he wasn’t going to tell me and we carried on walking. After a few more minutes I began to get curious and tugged on his arm. “Joshy, how much longer? These shoes are killing me”

“You should have dressed more appropriately then” he winked before slowing to a halt. “We’re here”

I looked around to see we’d stopped outside one of the poshest restaurants around. I turned to josh to tell him no but he just grabbed my hand and pulled me inside.

“Table for Franceschi” he told the guy at the door, and a waiter took us to a table by a window. Josh still hadn’t dropped my hand so he pulled me through the room, whilst I tried to take in as much of it as I could. It was so fancy in here and I felt too common for it.

“Would you like to see our wine list Mr. and Mrs Franceschi?” the waiter asked, and I was just about to tell him we weren’t together in that way when josh spoke first.

“Yeah thanks mate” he said and then winked at me. I just shook my head lightly but I couldn’t contain my smile. “So, Mrs. Franceschi, you ever been here before?”

“Are you kidding, this is way out of my price range”

“Luckily for you, tonight’s on me”

“No way josh, you’ve already done far to much for me”

“Hush up” he whispered with a smile as the waiter returned with the wine list.

“You want anything in particular?” he asked and I just shook my head.

“Red gets me drunk quicker though” I commented but I regretted it as soon as I saw his eyes light up.

“You’re finest bottle of red please” he told the waiter and he nodded before walking away.

“You’ll regret this sir” I told him.

We managed to get three 3 bottles of wine by the end of the meal, and as we stood up to leave, josh grabbed a hold of my hips to try and steady me since apparently I couldn’t stand.

“Wow pip, you’re like proper wasted” he laughed before holding me up and walking us outside. We walked back to my place, well I say walk, for me it was more of a stumble.

We made it back up to my apartment and I pulled him inside before wrapping my arms around his neck. I felt his breath hit my shoulder and I shivered internally. Even in my intoxicated state, I still felt the familiar tingles he gave me when he wrapped his arms around my waist.

“Stay tonight” I whispered, pulling back to look at him, before I’d even really thought what was coming out of my mouth.

He gave me a crooked grin before pulling me to my room. I got this nervous feeling deep in my tummy, but I was too drunk to care right now. Why did red wine make me feel like this?

I collapsed onto my bed and I heard josh chuckle lightly before helping me take my shoes of and then unzipping my dress at the back.

“You’re so lovely” I slurred, grabbing hold of josh’s face and making him look at me. “I don’t know what I did to deserve you” I knew I was mumbling, and I could see josh blushing slightly. Once my dress was unzipped I pulled it off and got under the covers. “Get ya kit off, and get in here” I said patting the space next to me before burring my head in the pillows.

I heard josh milling around for a bit before he pulled back the covers and slid in next to me. Once he was still I moved over to him, wrapping my arms around his torso.

I wouldn’t usually be so forward but I was off my face and not really caring what I was doing. I’ve wanted to be in this position for so long and my drunken mind was just telling me to go for it.

I felt josh tense up as my skin touched his but I wasn’t letting go. After a moment he relaxed and placed his arms around me, bringing me further into his chest and dropping a light kiss on my forehead.

“Night Pip, I’ll see you in the morning” he whispered and I nodded into his chest.

“Night night joshy, I love you” I murmured before my brain could catch up with my mouth. I was hoping maybe he would take it in a friendly way, even though I mean the three little words more than I could ever even begin to fathom.

“Love you too Pip” he replied quietly before somehow pulling me into him more if that was possible. The smile on my face grew because he’s said it back even though he was probably only humouring my drunkenness.

I could definitely get used to this.
♠ ♠ ♠
outfit :)

thank you too:
saveredheads
alextmarshall
adamyspace anddddddd
jaime preciado

for comments <3 love you guys :)

3 more chapters oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

feedback on this chapter would be bloomin marvellous so drop me a line and tell me what you think ;)

i dont really have much to say but i wanna ramble about something unrelated, so you dont have to read the next bit if you dont wanna ;)

so yeah this is totally unrelated but i feel i must share this with you. ive been listening to a guy called lewis watson since he stared out in his youtube days and now he's had an ep out and there's another on the way. he writes his own stuff and it's like stupidly relateable. when i first listened to his first ep i cried my eyes out and no artist has ever made me feel that much before so he's very special to me. anyway he released a new video yesterday and i just feel like a proud mother because it's just so perfect and i just felt like i needed to show you his lovelyness. not only does he have an amazing voice but he is one of the nicest and most adorable guys ever. plus he is absolutely hilarious. anyway please go and listen/watch to sink or swim and just give him all you're love <3

if you just read all that i applaud you :)