Status: More Comments = More Updates; Just a Suggestion.

All The Small Things

VII

“Nice pajamas Cameron.” Alex snorted once Kara and I made it to the dining hall for breakfast. I felt my face turn bright red as I scowled and took the seat across from Lisa next to Kara.

“I would have changed but somebody dragged me out of the room before I could.” I chuckled as I shoved Kara playfully.

“Hey, you look hot in those booty shorts, Cameron. Don’t let Alex tell you any different.” Kara giggled as Alex shot her a glare.

“Yeah, just ask Jack.” Lisa giggled causing my face to turn pink once again.

“I’m going to go get some pancakes.” I blushed as I excused myself from the table. I would probably die of embarrassment if I sat there any longer.

“Hey Cam.” A voice muttered from beside me as I began to drench my pancakes in syrup. I looked up to see Jack smiling at me faintly as he tried to make his messy hair somewhat presentable.

“Hey Jack,” I smiled as I reached up patted down a piece of his hair that refused to go down, “Are you feeling any better?” I bit my lip nervously as he sighed and shook his head.

“No, but it’s my own fault.” He shrugged, “I feel better now that my stomach is empty though. Now I just need to fill it again.”

I laughed as he reached over me and grabbed the remaining eight pancakes from the serving platter and put them on his empty plate with a goofy grin never leaving his face, “Jack, please do not tell me about your stomach problems, ever.”

“What goes in must come out Cameron.” He stuck out his tongue, “We all throw up sometimes, and I’m just going to talk about it.”

“Fair enough.” I sighed as we walked back to our table that was now full. I sat down in my seat and Jack pulled up a chair to sit next to me. We both began to eat quietly and I only looked up from my food when I noticed that everyone else had stopped talking as well.

“Aww look at you two.” Rian gushed, “So gosh darn cute.”

“Shut up Rian.” Jack groaned as his face turned red. I only laughed and began to scarf down my pancakes so I could go upstairs and change. When I was done, I stood up and grabbed my plate to put in one of the dirty dishes bins by the door.

“I’m gonna go back upstairs now, Kara.” I informed her even though she was too busy paying attention to Rian to notice. Ah, young love. I laughed as I stood up and turned to Lisa, “I’ll meet you guys down here in ten minutes.”

“Alright girl, take your time!” Lisa smiled as she stole a bite of Alex’s muffin causing him to cry out in protest. Kara, Rian, Lisa and Alex all had such cute relationships, while Jack, Zack and I had to just watch from the sidelines. It kind of sucked not having someone to be cute with, but in some ways I certainly didn’t mind. Relationships always get messy and filled with drama, while being single is the exact opposite most of the time, the way I liked it. I took a sigh of relief once I was alone in the hotel suite. It was my first moment alone in days. I was so used to being at home, shut off from the world in my room with the occasional visit from Will and Erica, but now that had all changed. It wasn’t something that was easy to get used to, that was for sure.

I picked up my phone to see how much time had passed, but I realized I hadn’t charged it the night before so it was dead. I tried searching for a charger anywhere, but I quickly gave up when I remembered that Alex had packed my bag and there was no way he would remember to bring something as practical as a phone charger. He was too busy looking through my underwear drawer. I would have to remind myself to check it when I got home to make sure none were missing.

I sighed in defeat as I picked up my clothes and wandered into the bathroom to change. It was only after I had changed my underwear that I realized I left my shirt in the other room. Without even thinking about it since I was the only one in the room I just walked out to go get it. And as unlucky as I am in general, that was the one moment that someone entered the room.

“Oh shit sorry Cameron!” Jack screamed as he covered his eyes and turned around.

“How many times are you going to try and see me naked Jack?” I put my hands on my hips for a moment before I realized I should be taking this opportunity to actually clothe myself. Once my shirt was over my head, Jack was already facing me again with a goofy grin on his face, “Of course you would.”

“Of course I would what?” He raised an eyebrow as he walked over and looked down at me.

“I hate it so much when you do this.” I giggled as I shoved him playfully. I obviously didn’t think that through because he grabbed my wrists and pulled me close.

“Do what exactly?” He smirked again. I could smell the syrup on his breath, it was a much more pleasant smell than alcohol, even though I would still suggest he brushed his teeth again to get the sticky, sweet smell out of his mouth.

“Stand right next to me so I have to look up at you to see you.” I stuck out my tongue and squinted my eyes at him.

“But that’s what makes it so fun to do!” He exclaimed, raising his arms in the air to protest, consequently doing the same to my own.

“Aren’t you supposed to be hungover right now?” I chuckled as I broke out of his grasp and walked past him to grab my purse and other things I may need for the day. I picked up a brush and began to pull it through my hair as I looked at him intently.

Jack shrugged, “I should be, but I’m not. Throwing up really helped.”

“La la la, I can’t hear you!” I sang as I threw down the brush and covered my ears. I did not want to hear about bodily functions from anyone, even especially Jack, “Okay, I’ve got to go meet Kara and Lisa in the lobby for some shopping.”

“I’ll see you at the show though right?” Jack asked with hope evident in his voice.

“Of course.” I smiled as I closed the door behind me.

“Cameron! Have you seen Jack? He disappeared about ten minutes ago and I haven’t been able to find him anywhere. I swear that boy needs a lojack device or something.” Zack asked as I appeared in the lobby only minutes later.

“Well, his name is in the device, it’s like it was made for him.” I quipped before answering, “Jack went back up to the room.” I pointed towards the elevators I had just stepped out of. Zack rolled his eyes and chuckled.

“Oh I see, I guess I better go get him. Have fun shopping today, Cam.” He grinned and gave me a side hug before wandering off to wait for an elevator. I watched him step on before I looked around for Kara and Lisa. I found them sitting in some chairs in the lobby and they stood up immediately when they saw me.

“Finally!” Lisa exclaimed, “Now we can hit the town! What took you so long?”

“Two words, Jack Barakat.” I chuckled in response. I stopped laughing when I saw them exchange knowing glances, “What?”

“Oh nothing!” Kara sang as she grabbed my hand, “Come on, we’ve got to look sexy for tonight!”
♠ ♠ ♠
IT'S BEEN SO LONG I'M SORRY!

I'm also sorry that this is a filler, but it does show Jack and Cameron being cute so I hope that makes up for everything even though it really doesn't. I've just had a major writers block and then I fell out of love with All Time Low for a while and fell more in love with You Me At Six and then I've been wrapped up in my Josh Franceschi story and I've had school ending and summer starting and the beach and my new car and now I'm going home to New Jersey for a while until after Warped Tour there and then I'm driving back to Georgia in time for the Warped Tour here and I'm making excuses and I'm sorry, but hopefully I'm back for a while!

Thanks for the comments on the last chapter, I don't really have time to post who commented this time but THANK YOU. <3

BY THE WAY, I have two new Alex Gaskarth stories, "No Idea" and "Sick Little Games" that you should totally check out. I can tell you now that "Sick Little Games" is going to get pretty interesting ;-)

Please comment / recommend / subscribe!

- Sommer x