Status: More Comments = More Updates; Just a Suggestion.

All The Small Things

VIII

“What’s wrong Cam?” Lisa shouted over the music that was blasting through the speakers while crew members and band members alike set up on stage. She had a firm grasp on my hand and nearly stopped short when I quit walking behind her to stare at the crowds that were starting to form.

“Sorry.” I smiled sheepishly, “It’s just… all these girls are giving us looks like they hate us.”

“That's because they do hate us, Cameron.” Lisa laughed while Kara nodded her head and smiled knowingly, “Because they want to be us.”

“Why?” I asked as I was pulled forward and thrust through a stage door that led backstage. I looked back one last time at the groups of girls that were whispering to each other and pointing our way with sour looks adorned on their faces that clearly had way too much makeup on.

“Because we’re with the band, silly!” Kara laughed haughtily, “You’ve got a lot to learn still, Cam. But don't worry, you're a fast learning it seems.”

“Apparently.” I sighed as two gangly arms wrapped themselves around me and picked me up and spun me around.

“Hi Cameron!” Alex laughed before he set me down and ran over to Lisa and kissed her passionately. It was evident he had been drinking some, but once I got a look at the rest of them, I knew he definitely had a lot to more to drink than I had first thought. Zack was standing back, grinning with two empty bottles of Grey Goose Vodka in his hands and Rian was somehow managing to hug Kara while he held onto four empty beer bottles. Not to mention there was a half-full bottle of Jack Daniels on the floor that I had stepped over on my way in. I looked around for the missing person to see Jack standing back, arguing with someone in the corner.

“Cam, come here!” Alex shouted as he waved me over. I looked away from Jack and walked over to Alex who had a perplexed look on his face. Once I was close enough, he draped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me close. He smelled like sweat, peppermint, and alcohol. It was an intoxicating smell in itself that already had my head swimming. I had no idea whether it was for him to steady him, or just because he felt like it. What confused me the most was that it actually felt nice to be in Alex’s arms like that.

“What is it, Alex?” I asked as I looked up into his droopy eyes that were wide with anticipation for tonight’s show. That, and maybe because of all the alcohol he had consumed.

“I just want you to know that just because Sarah is here, it isn’t going to change anything.” He slurred as he grinned lazily at me, “Now I have to go sober up before I perform. Give me a kiss for luck?” He winked as he pulled me closer and planted a sloppy, slobbery kiss on my cheek.

“Who is Sarah?” I muttered to myself as I wiped the wet spot off of my cheek. I looked up to see Zack standing next to me, smiling sadly.

“That’s Sarah.” He said as he pointed with one hand while he looped his other arm with mine. I looked where he was pointing to see a gorgeous girl with extremely tan skin and pale golden eyes that matched her light blonde hair, obviously bleached. It was the same one that Jack was still arguing with, “She’s Jack’s ex.”

“Oh.” I muttered as I looked away quickly trying not to blush with embarrassment. I was stupid to think that Jack may like me, obviously there was still something going on with him and Sarah. I felt Zack’s hand on my cheek as he made me look up at him with a smile.

“Don’t let her looks fool you, she’s a cold-hearted bitch and we all hate her, Jack included. He’s been trying to get her to leave for the past hour.” He pulled me close and hugged me tightly, making me feel his defined muscles as he squeezed before he let go and smiled, “You look amazing, by the way.”

“Thanks,” I muttered as he darted on stage. I grinned as the small crowd that was slowly getting bigger and bigger cheered while they watched him tune his bass. I stood there alone for a few moments, just watching the crowd from backstage and playing with the hem of my dress until someone else came over to me.

“You look beautiful tonight, Cameron.” Jack blushed as he looked me up and down before his eyes met mine again, “Sorry I didn’t come and say hi sooner. I’ve been a little… preoccupied to say the least.”

“So I’ve been told… more than once.” I chuckled dryly, “And don’t worry about it, I understand completely.”

“How Sarah even got backstage, I have no idea.” Jack groaned as he tugged at his hair in frustration, “I wish she would just leave!”

“Just got play a killer show and don’t worry about her, Jack.” I smiled excitedly already forgetting the upset feelings I had just felt when I saw Jack and Sarah together, “I’m excited to go see you perform by the way.”

“You’re amazing, you know that?” Jack grinned as he leaned in to kiss me. At least that’s what I thought he was going to do before he was suddenly jerked back by a perfectly manicured hand. I looked up to see Sarah smiling at me menacingly. And the feeling of insecurity was back almost instantly.

“Jack Bassam Barakat, it is so rude to leave your crowd waiting, and even ruder to not introduce the two of us!” She smirked as she extended a hand for me to shake, “You must be the Cameron I've been hearing all about. I’m Sarah, but I'm sure you already know that as well.”

“Nice to meet you, Sarah.” I smiled hesitantly as I looked at Jack who looked extremely nervous as he stood there with his hands balled up into fists. I shook her hand and grimaced as her nails dug into my skin a little. There would definitely be a mark when she let go.

“Don’t worry, Jack. I’ll play nice.” Sarah giggled as the grip on my hand tightened even more while she batted her eyelashes at Jack who nodded as he swallowed hard. I winced and took in a sharp breath to keep from groaning in pain, “For now.”

“See you in a bit.” Jack said as he winced at me and took off onto the stage.

“See you then, sweets!” Sarah cackled before she glared at me, “Back off.” She scowled before she turned on her heel and walked in the other direction.

“I see you met Sarah.” Kara sighed as she walked over and stood next to me to watch Rian as they began their set, “Be careful around her. Her bite is actually worse than her bark.”

“I’ll keep that in mind.” I sighed as I bit my large thumb nail trying to ignore the searing pain in my hand. I was extremely surprised that my hand wasn't bleeding at this point. Sarah was not the type of girl I wanted to mess with.

“Quit worrying about her!” Kara said after the music started to pick up, “Let’s go watch from the crowd, it’s much more fun than standing back here.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So how much do you all hate me? It's been a long time. Sorry!

But I have introduced a new character, let me know what you think of Sarah! (:

With school and everything, life has been pretty hectic and I haven't been on Mibba. Especially with this new BOY in my life (; oOOOoooOOoOoo. He's perfect and he is also in a band that has actually opened for All Time Low before LIKE WHAT. Yeah. So needless to say, I've been pretty busy. Anyway, thanks for your patience and don't hate me!

Please comment / recommend / subscribe! <3

- Sommer x