Status: The updates are coming, patient you must be.

Stuck in the "Friend Zone"

Chapter 18

Once I was sitting in one of the lobby chairs I wasn't too sure what to do. I had sort of kicked myself out of my own room, and I had no one to talk to. But as I thought that my phone buzzed to signal a text. I looked at it to see it was Ben. Without a thought I pressed the call button on my phone and the line was ringing, Ben picked up on the 3rd ring.
"Hey Jack, what's cracking." He sounded like he was in a chipper mood.
"A lot," I replied dryly.
"What's up? You don't sound very happy."
"Umm, stuff happened, and I haven't been completely honest with you…"
"Ohh really? Care to elaborate?" He asked.
"Yeah, that's why I called, I just need someone to talk to. I know that sounds stupid."
"It doesn't sound stupid at all, talk away my friend."
"Well… When you asked about me and Alex being together and I said no. I was lying."
"Oh really." Ben said.
"Yeah," I explained to him about how I had a crush on Alex for a while, and coming out to the band this tour, and my jealous towards Rachel even though she was a good friend of mine. I told him the kiss on stage that night, and the kiss because of a bet. Then I explained about how we had been sneaking around for most of the tour.
"Damn, boy! That shit is crazy!" He exclaimed, when I was done telling my story.
"Yeah" I said, letting out a big breath "That felt pretty good to get off my chest."
"So is that all you wanted to tell me?"
"No, something happened tonight too." I admitted.
"Okay, what's going on?"
"Well, Alex promised me he'd break up with his girlfriend so we could be together, but he backed out on his promise but I'm not surprised, really. It just hurts. Because he was-is my best friend and he just gave me mixed signals." I could feel my chin trembling a bit. Fuck, I was going to cry. "an-and I just needed to tell someone, and now I'm about to cry and I feel pretty stupid." I said laughing a bit. Biting my lip and closing my eyes really tight.
"It's not stupid to cry, it makes sense. I'd cry."
I smiled "Yeah, but also it's kind of awkward we have three shows left and Alex and I won't be on speaking turns."
"Well it's only 3 days you can get through it. Then you come here for the next few weeks and I still have an empty guest room with your name on it."
"Yeah, thanks."
"Anytime Barakat."
"Who woulda thunk I would have found a friend out of a random guy in a bar."
"Yeah, who woulda thunk."
"Well I've gotta be off to find myself another roomy for the night, but thanks for listening."
"Anytime Jack."
"Bye."
"See ya."
I slipped my phone back into my pocket then stood up and slipped into an elevator that was closing. I made my way up to the floor we were on. When the elevator doors opened with a ding I walked into the hall and knocked on the first door I knew housed either crew or band. A disheveled looking Zack opened the door.
"What?" he asked.
"Do you mind if I stay with you tonight?" I asked.
"Why, I thought you and Alex were sharing a room."
"Stuff happened, we kind of got into a fight." I said, looking at the floor and hoping Zack didn't question it.
"You two have a couple's spat?" Zack joked "by the way I know."
"You do? How?!"
"Alex talked to me." Zack said simply. Standing aside so I could slip into the room "You can either share a bed with Danny, me or sleep on the floor. Take your pick."
"I think I'll share with you." I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Blah this didn't turn out how I wanted. But I really wanted to post it.
In other news ALEXANDER DRESSED UP LIKE ELEVEN FROM DOCTOR WHO! THIS CANNOT BE IGNORED! YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT HAS DONE TO ME! HE HAS OFFICIALLY RUINED MY LIFE! I AM 10000000% DONE WITH EVERYTHING!
Anyways, comment and such. kthxbye.
P.S sorry if there are typos. I'm feeling lazy. Bad Meredith is bad!