Status: The updates are coming, patient you must be.

Stuck in the "Friend Zone"

Chapter 24

I had gotten away with hiding out in New York for about a week and a half before Matt called me to talk about the band’s upcoming tour. Ben and I were lying on the couch when he called. Ben was lying between my legs with his back and head resting on my chest as we watched a crime drama marathon on TNT.
My phone began to blast Barbie Girl, and I fished my phone out of my pocket, flicking Ben lightly against the top of his head as he snorted at my ring tone. He muttered a slight “ow!” and I kissed his head where I had just flicked it.
“Hello” I answered, paying more attention to the police raid in the show than to whoever was on the other end.
“Hey Jack, it’s Matt.”
“Oh hey Matt, what’s up?”
“I was just calling to talk about a couple tour plans we have coming up.”
“The south American tour? Yeah what about it?” I asked, motioning to Ben to turn down the TV a little.
“Well we have basically everything planned. But I was wondering about when you were planning on coming back to Baltimore. Zack is flying in from California in a couple days to begin practice so we need you here.”
“Oh, right…” It’s not that I wasn’t excited for another tour, I was beginning to get antsy for another couple months of playing music and having fun, but I would have loved to spend a month or so with Ben before I had to leave again. I knew this was close to impossible, because even if we did have a month off two weeks of that month would be planning for the upcoming tour. Nonetheless this little bubble that I had created was not timeless and sooner or later someone was going to pop it.
“So when do you think you’d be able to make it back here?” Matt asked again, breaking me from my reverie.
“Well when do you need me back?” I replied.
“At the end of the week, at the latest. Alex has the setlist planned, and you guys need to practice.”
“Okay, I’ll be home on Sunday then.” I sighed.
“I’ll pick you up at the airport. Tell me when you buy your ticket.”
“I’ll text you the info. See you later Matt.”
“Bye.”
I set my phone down on the coffee table then slipped my hand into Ben’s hair, massaging his scalp lightly. “Soo, you gotta go back to Baltimore?” Asked Ben after a moment.
“Yup,” was all I replied.
“You ready?” He asked.
“Sort of. It’ll suck to leave you though.”
“Well I’m sure you’ll survive.” He reassured me.
“Yeah, but it would have been nice to stay with you another week or so.”
“Well, how long is this upcoming tour?”
“Not that long, a month or so.” I estimated.
“How long of a break do you have after that?” He asked.
“A week and a half at most. Then we’ve got a smaller tour around the US then I don’t know after that, maybe another foreign tour. We tour a lot, in case you can’t tell.” I explained, adding a quiet laugh at the end,
“Maybe I can come up to Baltimore after you get back from South America.” Ben suggested.
“That’d be nice. I could show you around and introduce you to everyone.”
“Okay then, it’s settled I’ll meet up with you in Baltimore and you can show me the city.” Ben offered me a smile, which I returned with one of my own.
Ben and I finished the episode we had been watching then Ben went to go start dinner while I grabbed my computer to book a flight back to Baltimore. After getting my ticket for the day after tomorrow I texted Matt the information as I had promised, then went to go help Ben with dinner.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohhh... Hi guys! It's been a while hasn't it... I'm sorry I took so long and I'm sorry this was so short. But I just felt like this was the right decision to just post this. To be honest I don't know when I'll update next. I'm back in school and senior year will not go down without a fight! But I will definitely continue working on this story and update whenever I can! Bear with me out there, I hope I haven't lost y'all!
Please comment and recommend and all that good stuff! Just so I know people are reading this! Seriously, please comment it would mean a whole bunch! I don't even care if you comment with "Update soon" or something! Okay enough with my pleading. I hope you guys have an excellent weekend!