Status: Like it or hate it?

Deadliest Catch.

This relationship is leaving shore,

As Ainsley recalled, Celia was to be blamed for quite a great deal. Following the concert that would prove to be crucial in the coming months, Celia made yet another attempt at begging and pleading Ainsley for her company. In fact, it was usually her pleas that placed Ainsley in ridiculous situations.

~~~~////~~~~


Ainsley was sprawled out on her bed reading an old and worn copy of Great Expectations as Celia rifled through her closet on her side of their shared room. Ainsley was off school for the next four days due to a bank holiday and so she had decided the time would be spent relaxing from all the work she would probably be expected to complete upon returning to school. Celia was merely getting ready for yet another party at yet another stranger’s house so she could hook up with yet another stranger who she would never see them again. The differences in the two girls were on opposite ends of the spectrum.

“Lee, how does this one look?” Celia asked as she fixed the skirt and stood tall for Ainsley to examine. She wore a short mini skirt that left little to the imagination and a corset top that left far too much on display.

“In all honesty, you look gorgeous but you also look a bit like a slag.”

Celia turned away from the mirror and looked at Ainsley in mock offense. “How could you call me a slag? I’ve covered my lady bits, for the most part.”

Ainsley merely rolled her eyes at her sister. “Wear whatever you want. Whatever makes you look most shag-worthy should do.”

Celia had averted her attention to her phone and was sending a frown at the little piece of glass and plastic in her hand before turning back to Ainsley and sending her a wider smile.

“Lee, would do me the most massive favor and help your only sister out in her time of need?”

“Well, when you put it that way, no.” Ainsley replied.

“But, I haven’t even told you what I wanted.” Celia whined.

“I don’t want to know. Celia, your massive favors never end well for me.”

“That’s not entirely true.”

“Really? I can’t think of a single time I have done something and been happy about it.”

“But this isn’t even that big of a deal. Lea just cancelled her plans to come to the party with me and so I want you to go as her replacement.

“Excuse me? That is not happening. I have far too much work to do.”

“That’s right, Ainsley. All the work that you have to do for the bank holiday of yours is probably tiring. What was it that you told mum when you came home yesterday? Ah yes, “I’m gonna eat, sleep and read for the next four days in no particular order.””

“That involves a lot of work, Celia. I’m tired and I just want to relax in my room with my books.”

“Ainsley, you can leave if you get bored or feel uncomfortable. Just please, come with me.”

“Celia, this isn’t fair.” Ainsley said as she felt her resolve break.

Celia smiled at her sister because she knew well enough that that was what Ainsley always said right before she agreed.

“Ainsley, don’t you want to help me out? Please, I’m begging you.”

Ainsley huffed before closing her book and rolling off her bed. “Fine, let me put on clothes.” She said as she gestured to her pajama pants that were yellow with animated llamas.

“Oh thank you, thank you, thank you. I love you so much. You’re honestly amazing.” Celia said as she ran to bathroom.

“The things I do for you, Lia.” Ainsley said as she quickly rummaged through her closet and pulled out a knee-length pink dress. Ainsley was pulling on tights when Celia came back from the bathroom and saw her sister.

“Lee, you look like you’re going to Sunday school.”

“Celia, do you really want to comment on my outfit choice when I’m the one doing the favor?” Ainsley asked.

“Alright, I’m not going to complain. Oh come on, you’re taking your book with you?” Celia cried out as she watched Ainsley shove her battered book into her bag.

“Celia, not another complaint. I’m ready, let’s go.”

The two girls left the house and Ainsley started her car while Celia checked her appearance for the thirtieth time in the rearview mirror.

“You look beautiful, Lia. Now, let me have my mirror so I can drive.”

The drive to the party was void of conversation as Celia kept to her phone and only spoke to offer Ainsley directions to the house. Ainsley didn’t need to ask if she was in front of the correct house. She guessed that the house with the girl vomiting into the bushes and beer cans across the yard was the one Celia was dragging her to.

As soon as they entered the house, the smell of alcohol, sweat and sex hit Ainsley’s nostrils. She turned to complain to Celia only to find that her sister had already left her side. Ainsley stood frozen for a moment until a guy attempted to make a grab at her butt that prompted her to move away from the door and to some secluded corner. She maneuvered through the house uncomfortably. While passing a closed door, the stench of marijuana made her cough heavily. A bathroom door was open and within it, Ainsley saw two figures wrapped in one another and giving off moans that Ainsley wasn’t sure were humanly possible. The dance floor consisted of people mimicking intercourse merely dressed. Their sweaty bodies were pressed together and their hands wandered over one another. The kitchen had transformed into a makeshift bar. Plastic red cups littered across the island and various types of liquor in glass bottles sat in front of Ainsley. Past everything, Ainsley saw a door that led to a backyard. Assuming it was better than the party inside, Ainsley walked to it and slipped out of the house. The backyard was lit up with white fairy lights but void of the partygoers. The garden looked like it had been transported from a fairytale with peonies and roses and morning blossoms all around Ainsley. Little fireflies flew around and Ainsley smiled. She took a seat under the tree and opened her book and went back into her own world.

~~~~////~~~~


Ainsley awoke the next morning to the sound of a slamming door. After gathering her surroundings and seeing the open book in her lap, Ainsley realized she had fallen asleep in the garden of some stranger who was probably now approaching her in a black hoodie to scold her for overstaying her nonexistent welcome.

However, the stranger Ainsley saw made her far more anxious than anything else. When he pulled his hood back, the realization hit both of their eyes’. Hunter stared at the girl for a minute before smiling that infuriating smile.

“You’re the well-mannered bird from that gig a few weeks ago.”

Ainsley pretended she didn’t remember him and shook her head. She pretended she didn’t remember his feral eyes and intimidating demeanor. She pretended she didn’t remember his comments and his voice and the way he had danced across the stage when he performed.

“No, I know you. You’ve got a twin too. She’s well fit. What was your name again? Something odd, I remember. Paisley was it? You were Adam’s lay of the night.”

“No, I was no one’s lay and it’s Ainsley. I need to get going.” Ainsley said as she got annoyed.

“Yea, Ainsley. I knew it was something odd. You know, doll, this has to be the first time I’ve found a girl passed out with a book after my party. I’ve seen girls passed out in bathrooms, in bushes, in beds, on top of me but never in my garden with a book. You’re something else, Doll.” Hunter said with a smile.

“I’m sorry about coming to your garden and passing out here. I need to get going.” Ainsley said as she walked past Hunter and checked her phone. One message sent from Celia at one in the morning made Ainsley frown.

“Busy wit Danny u can go home if u want;)”

Ainsley could have been spared all of this if Celia had just gone by herself.

“Wait, Doll, you’ve forgotten your book.” Hunter said as he walked over to the girl who was already as his front door.

Ainsley turned to Hunter and took her book. “Thanks.”

“My name’s Hunter.”

“I know.” Ainsley said as she turned back to the door.

“I sing in a band.”

“I know.”

“This is my house.”

“I know.” Ainsley said, as she got annoyed again. “Is there a reason you’re repeating all this?”

“Well, you know a fair bit about me. I feel its only fair for you to tell me something about you.”

“I feel its only fair that I leave now before I say something rude.”

“Come on, Doll. What’s your favorite color?”

“Hunter, I’m currently at your door trying to get back home. Is this really the time to be asking these questions?”

“You’re quite right, Doll. Alright, how’s Friday night at eight work for you?”

“Excuse me?”

“Friday night, I want to take you out.”

“Oh, that’s not necessary.”

“Oh, but it is.”

“I’m busy.”

“Saturday?”

“Busy.”

“Sunday?”

“Busy.”

“Are you ever free?”

“No, not for the next few weeks. I’m sorry but I have school.” Ainsley said as she quickly lied poorly.

“If you say so, Doll. But, you owe me a date and I’m holding you to it. See you around, Paisley.” He said with a smile as he turned around and walked toward the kitchen.

Hunter Sheridan wanted to get to know the well-mannered bird that read books at parties. Ainsley Lynden wanted to stay far away from the man who looked at her like she was his prey. She also wanted the blush that had burned in her cheeks during the conversation to go away and all thoughts of Hunter to leave her mind. Poor Ainsley, she never got what she wanted.
♠ ♠ ♠
So it's a bit past the week promise I made but my lovely readers, it's a new chapter!!!!!!! I like it but I kind of don't. Let me know what you think. Please.
And updates will be once a week at least. I get busy with school and all creativity leaves my mind. But, i'm not abandoning this story, I promise.
Ainsley's outfit
Comment, read, subscribe and anything else you want.
Lots of love,
Marie