Poison

Reflecting

The next mourning I woke up early. I rubbed my sleepy eyes and looked around the room. The guys were sleeping soundly. I stood up and sneaked out the door. I quietly shut the door behind me. I tip toed down the corridor and as I did I began analysing the whole mansion. I came to a room at the end of the corridor. I walked into the room and as I did I noticed Anna sitting at the table. I tried to sneak back out but it was to late. “I can see you, you know?” she said.

I stopped before quickly turning my attention back to Anna. “Oh I-I’m sorry, I was just about to leave!” I stuttered nervously. Anna giggled. It was the first I had seen her actually happy since we arrived here, especially towards me. “It’s okay, please sit!” she smiled as she pointed to a seat at the table.

I walked over to the table at which Anna sat at and sat down on the chair she appointed me to. I noticed she was holding a picture. I looked at her and her expressions were very confusing. She showed mixed emotions of sorrow and happiness. I felt nervous near Anna I mean she was the Princess and I didn’t feel her business was any of mine , yet I couldn’t stop myself from asking. “Who is that in the picture?”

Anna looked at me with the same lost expression on her face. She handed me the picture and I took a look at the picture. It was a picture of a man. “He’s my brother. His name is Velkan!” she had a quiver in her voice as she spoke. I glanced at Anna and smiled. “I saw Velkan yesterday and he wanted to see you!” I replied.

“Did you tell him where I was?” she asked. I began wondering if my action last night was something to regret. I shook my head. “No! I- I didn’t know where you where exactly, I’m sorry!” I replied. Anna calmed down a bit and she placed her hand on my shoulder. “It’ okay, he’ll come back!” she replied comfortingly. I smiled in relief and just then Van entered the room.

“What were you two talking about?” he asked. I shrugged my shoulders. “Nothing much!” I replied. Van smiled as he sat down beside me. “Is Carl awake?” I asked Van. He shook his head. “Nah he’s still asleep, I better go wake him up!” he chuckled.

When we were all ready we went outside to the town for awhile. It was a bright sunny day so we knew the Vampire would not bother us until night time. I began to think back to earlier on when Anna showed me a picture of Velkan and then I thought of Sebastian. I missed him so much already and I felt really bad for leaving him and my mother at home. I began to think back to when Sebastian said “if you want to get yourself killed that’s okay but mom and I don't want you to so will you please come home with me!” I felt so selfish. We had already lost my father and my older sister had run away. We figured she died too because she never returned and it had been five years now. I felt horrible for leaving them and for a moment I almost thought of retuning but I couldn’t and I wouldn’t. I knew this was my purpose in life, I just knew it!
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment please!