Status: This story is complete with a sequel coming soon <3

Somebody That I Used to Know

Maxi-Pad

That night, I was barely able to sleep and overall I received what was probably a total of three hours of sleep before I heard movement downstairs. I dragged myself out of bed and made my way over to the bathroom in hopes that a shower would wake me up more before I had to face a busy day of work at my own job as the vice-president of AP magazine followed by a busy night as the manager of Falling in Reverse. When I got out of the shower, I wrapped my wet hair up in a towel before groaning at the realization that the towel wrapped around my head was the last one in the bathroom. I opened the bathroom door slowly just to make sure there was nobody in my room and when the coast was clear I walked in my room and rushed over to the door to lock it. I got dressed and did my hair quickly. I walked down the stairs and to my surprise, only Jacky and Ronnie were awake.

“Are you going to tell him?” Jacky whispered to me when Ronnie went upstairs to take a shower.

I turned around to look at Jacky before sighing and turning my attention back to the tea I was making.

“I don’t know, Jacky. I don’t want him to do anything out of anger when I tell him.” I said as I finished making the tea.

“What do you mean, what would he do?” Jacky asked as he moved to lean against the counter I was facing.

“Well, I wouldn’t want him to kick you out of the band.” I said to him, leaning against the counter as well and looking into his gorgeous green eyes.

“He would do that?” Jacky asked as his eyes widened.

“Well, it’s the only rule he has. He’s done it before.”

Jacky nodded his head and I watched as his gaze averted to my neck and he smirked a bit.

“You should leave before Ronnie gets down here.” he said, moving closer to me.

“Why, is being around me proving too much for you?” I joked.

Jacky leaned closer towards me, he moved an arm to the side of my face to where his hand was pressed against the cabinet and the other was on my hip.

“You have a hickey on your neck,” he began as his face leaned in and he kissed my neck on the same place he did last night, “it’s right there.”

Jacky continued to kiss and bite up my neck until he found his way to my lips. I leaned in to him, kissing him roughly and wrapping my arms around his neck before he picked me up and placed me on the counter with my legs wrapped around his waist. Jacky moved away from the kiss to breathe and I moved my lips to his neck where I bit down harshly on his pale skin causing him to groan as his head fell back and his grip on me tightened. I heard footsteps on the stairs and pushed Jacky away from me before I got myself down from the counter and turned to the forgotten cup of tea.

“Oh, Annie, you’re still here? I thought you were on your way to work.” Ronnie said as he walked into the kitchen and pulled me in for a hug.

“I am,” I began when he pulled away, “I just wanted to make sure you guys wouldn’t burn down the house while I was gone.”

Ronnie smiled at my joke and took a sip from the cup of tea I was holding out to him.

“You know I’ll keep everyone in line.” he joked.

I saw Jacky walk out of the kitchen from the corner of my eye and remembered the hickey on my neck. I moved my hair nonchalantly to cover it before looking up at Ronnie.

“Is Jacky okay, did he mention anything to you?” Ronnie asked.

“I’m sure he’s fine.” I said as I walked towards the front door with Ronnie trailing behind me.

“I’ll get it out of him later on.” he said as he opened up the door for me.

“Okay, if anything comes up don’t hesitate to call me.” I said.

“Do you really have to leave?” he asked with a whine.

“Yes, I got to go to work but when I get back we’ll have a girl’s night, okay?” I said with a smile.

Ronnie nodded his head.

“Okay, have fun at work, wifey.”

“Thank you, husband!” I said as I leaned into him and his sexy muscular arms wrapped themselves around me in a hug.

“I love you.” he whispered before placing a kiss to the top of my head.

“I love you too, RonRon.” I said, moving my face so that our eyes were linked.

He placed a sweet and simple kiss to my lips before we both pulled away.

“I’m really leaving now.” I said as I walked towards my car.

When I was in my car, I began the short drive to work. I got to work quickly and made my way to the fifth floor first to see Parker sitting at the desk.

“Hey, Parker.” I greeted, “What are you doing here?”

“Oh, I was just putting the photos in the folder for the new issue.” he said nervously.

I nodded my head before an excellent idea found its way to my mind.

“Parker,” I began, “do you live with your parents?”

“No, a friend of mine and I share a small apartment together. Why do you ask?” he asked as we walked into the elevator on our way to the top floor.

“Aside from this, I also manage my best friends band and when he goes on tour, I might need someone to come along with me to help out with the photography.” I said.

“Are you serious? That sounds amazing, what band is it?”

“Oh, well my friend is Ronnie Radke and the band is-”

“Ronnie Radke, I knew you looked familiar when I started working here. I used to be the world’s biggest Escape the Fate fan when he was the lead singer. The new band is Falling in Reverse, right? Wow, I can’t believe this! Can I meet him one day?”

I laughed and nodded my head.

“Yeah, I’ll ask him to pick me up one day and you can meet him then.” I said as he handed me the folder in his hand.

“Were you serious about me maybe being able to go with you guys on tour?” he asked again.

“Of course I was, but the first tour won’t be for a long while. They just got signed yesterday so I still need to organize the parties and they need to record some songs in the studio and all that.” I said.

“Wow, thank you, Ana.” he said kindly before shyly walking away.

I smiled to myself before turning on the computer and finally finishing next month’s edition of the magazine. I leaned back in my chair now that I had nothing to do and before I knew it, I was caught up in an enticing game of Bejeweled on my phone when Parker’s voice came over the intercom.

“Ms. Chek,” he began formally, “someone’s here to see you.”

“Send them in.” I said as I held down the button.

I let go of the button and my hands returned to the screen of my phone. The elevator doors dinged open as I spun myself around in my chair, making me look more like a five year old then like the twenty seven year old magazine VP that I was.

“How can I help you?” I asked as I continued to spin around.

“Is this really who they have as the Vice President of AP magazine?” I heard a familiar voice ask.

I put my arms out in front of me to grab onto my desk and stop by spinning to see Max standing before me.

“Shut the fuck up, I’m on my daily Bejeweled break!” I said as I stood up and opened up my arms.

Max accepted my hug and when we pulled away from each other he sat himself down in my chair and I sat on top of my desk in front of him.

“Are you trying to seduce me, Ms. Chek?” he asked playfully ad I crossed my legs at the knee.

“Is it working, Maxwell?” I asked with a wink.

“I think it might be.” he said as I moved to sit on his lap.

He wrapped his arms around me and I leaned my head on his shoulder.

“Oh, what is this?” he asked with a laugh as he poked the hickey Jacky gave me.

I squirmed around on his lap before standing up and moving to my desk where I had makeup in one of the drawers. I pulled out a mirror and some liquid concealer to try to cover it up. Max chuckled before standing up. He picked me up easily and placed me on the desk before taking the concealer from my hand and covering up the mark.

“So, who was it? Do I know him?” he asked with a smirk.

“Do you really think that’s an appropriate question to ask me?” I asked with a laugh.

“It’s one of the guys from Ronnie’s new band, isn’t it?” he asked with a knowing smile.

I groaned before throwing my head onto his shoulder and nodding.

“You always did have a thing for guitar players.” he said.

“How did you know it was Jacky?” I asked, pulling away from him.

“I didn’t, I just took a shot in the dark.” Max said as he put the concealer away in my drawer.

He held his hands out for me and I grabbed onto his hands as he slowly helped me slide off the desk.

“Come on, I’m taking you out to lunch and you can tell Maxi all about your new man that I’m sure Ronnie already said you’re not allowed to have.” he said as we walked towards the elevator, knowing exactly how to make me smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really like this chapter because Ana's doing something really nice for Parker. Also, I have two choices on the end of the story so if you're actually reading this and you would like to help me choose the ending message me saying that you wanna know what's gonna happen.

PS. anyone who hasn't checked out the prequel of my other main story here is the link

Who wants to know what I look like????
Image
THERE YOU GO!!!!!! ITS BRIANNA <3 Yes, those are my natural eyes