Status: This story is complete with a sequel coming soon <3

Somebody That I Used to Know

Harper & Aimee

The next morning, I followed my average Monday morning routine. I got dressed before walking out the house and going on my way to pick up my close friend Aimee. I was a block away from her house when she called me.

"Hello?" I said, semi-confused.

"I'm not home; I'm at some guy’s house. Can you come get me?" she pleaded.

I groaned.

"Sure," I began, "But there's no time to bring you home to change, so enjoy the walk of shame. Where is it?"

She told me the address and I was soon on my way to pick up my friend. I simply sent her a text to let her know that I was outside, and waited for her to walk out. Five minutes later, she stumbled out of the door still wearing her clothes from last night. She got into my car silently, not looking at me.

"You're a whore." I said sweetly as I drove towards our job.

She laughed slightly.

"Not all of us can be virgins, Ana." she said, looking into the mirror from her clutch to fix her makeup.

"Don't start," I began, "you promised you weren't going to talk about it."

She chuckled and turned in her seat slightly, climbing into the back where I had an emergency bag of clothes stashed that fit the two of us perfectly.

"What are we going to do today after work?" she asked as she began to take off her clothes.

"Try and take over the world." I told her, turning onto the highway since now we were much farther from where we worked.

She let out a slight laugh before gasping.

"We should go get matching belly button piercings!" she exclaimed happily.

"Maybe." I told her, looking in the mirror slightly to see she was almost fully dressed.

We ended up pulling into the large parking lot at the same time that Aimee crawled back into the front seat. We got out of the car and linked arms before walking inside the office.

"You girls are late." our boss Jason said as he walked by us.

"Sorry boss." we said at the same time.

He sighed before walking into his office and leaving us to do our work. Aimee and I worked at the headquarters for Alternative Press magazine as Jason's two personal assistants and I worked double as his assistant and a photographer.

"He's pissed..." I trailed off once I heard his office door lock and I sat at my desk.

"He's always pissed." Aimee said as she sat at her receptionist desk in front of the entrance to sign people in.

Hours passed before Jason said we can leave. Aimee and I both rushed out of the large building, a cigarette in Aimee's pale hand. I tossed her my car keys, already knowing she would want to drive before walking around to the passenger side. Once she was comfortably in the car, Aimee sped off.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked her.

"To get our matching piercings!" she said happily while turning on the radio and blasting it when she noticed it was her favorite song.

I groaned but decided it would be best to go along with her childish antics. Eventually, she stopped the car at the nearest tattoo parlor and practically jumped out. I followed her in, my own excitement jumping a bit as well. A heavily tattooed man stood behind the glass counter and smiled when we walked in.

"Hey there." he greeted, "What can I do for you?"

Aimee looked at me for a second or two, a sudden shyness overcoming her.

"We wanted to get matching belly button piercings." I told him.

He nodded his head, pursing his lips a bit and I noticed him looking me up and down a tad.

"Come to the back with me, and we'll get started." he said.

I followed him to the back room, Aimee holding my hand and following me only a few inches behind.

"Who wants to go first?" he asked, turning away from us to get everything ready.

Aimee pushed me forward slightly, meaning I was to go first. I chuckled and squeezed her hand reassuringly. The guy turned around and smiled at me before pointing to where I was mean to lie down. I lay down and grabbed Aimee's hand.

"Before I actually get started," he began, "what's your name?"

"I'm Ana, and she's Aimee." I told him, lifting up my shirt.

"Hi." Aimee squeaked out.

"I'm Harper ." he said, mainly to me.

"Well, nice to meet you Harper." I said to him.

He smirked at me before getting started on my new piercing . Once he finished mine, he did Aimee's.

"Thank you," I began telling him, "They look great."

I gave Harper a hug and couldn't help but notice the small slip of paper he slipped into my back pocket. Aimee gave him a hug too while I was counting up the money to pay Harper. After paying, Aimee and I walked out, hand-in-hand.

"I bet you can't wait to tell Ronnie." Aimee said with a knowing tone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment and Subscribe <3