Every Little Thing

Drive

"Where are we going?"

After Katie had picked me up from school after my detention, we had gone speeding down the main street that school was on. The curiosity was killing me. She hadn't said anything since we had sped off out of the school carpark.

"Katie? Tell me where we are going."

She remained silent again. She was obeying road rules, going the speed limit, indicating when necessary. Katie just wasn't paying any attention to me. I wasnted to stick my foot over to the brake and hit it. That would get her attention. It would probably also kill us.
"Have I done something Katie?" I was being cautious, just in case I had done something. She shook her head. Finally! A response out of her.

"So, where are we going?" I asked again. "Oh! The turn off to m house is just here...."

We sped past my street like nobodys business. I was worried now.

"Katie? Please. Where are we going?"

After about 10 more minutes, she indicated left and we turned off the main road into a neighbourhood I didn't recognise. I sat silently in the passengers seat looking around the street. Katie slowed the car down and we came to a stop outside a 2 story brick veneer home. It was beautiful. The house was surrounded by a small white fence. The mail box was also white with junk mail sticking out from the slot. The front lawn was perfectly trimmed and the row of hedges underneath the front window were squared off.

"Wow." That was all I was able to say.

"Welcome, Nicky, to my house." I turned and she smiled at me.

"Its gorgeous Katie!"

"Thanks," she smiled again. "Come on, lets go inside."

She stepped out of the car and ran around open my door.

"This is going to be a good weekend," Katie was still smiling.

"What?" I looked at her. Since when was I staying over.

"I asked your mum when I went there to get your stuff." She grinned at me. I wasn't surprised mum was letting me stay over. She was a sap when it came to sleepovers. They were harmless she always said. Katie grabbed my hand and tugged gently.

"Come on," she said, starting up the footpath. I followed. When she got to the front door, she stopped, rang the doorbell twice and waited. A woman answered the door with a big smile.

"You must be Nicky," she grinned. It seemed so fake. "Katie's told me all about you."

I smiled politely, as I was pulled my the arm into the front room. I stared.

"Oh my God."
♠ ♠ ♠
It has been forever. I've been preoccupied with school and work bu hopefully the stress has died down and im able to update more frequently.
Comments would be appreciated.