Waiting for a Chance

Fun Summer?

“Charlie Renee` Harper! Wake up!”

Opening my eyes slowly, I heard my mother’s English accented Irish voice; yelling at me to wake up.

It was Friday, my last day of work until the weekend. I work at 12.

Sitting up slowly, I scratched my head; it was probably like 11:30. My mother liked to wake me up about 20 minutes before I actually have to go to work.

I got out of bed, stretching as my joints cracked; I walked into my bathroom and stripped off my clothing as I stepped into my shower letting the water hit me as a wake up call.

I walked out of my bathroom, I took a glance at myself in my mirror before getting dressed.

I was unhappy with how I looked, sighing; “What else is new?” I asked myself.

I did my hair, after making my hair look okay; I applied my light makeup.

Smiling, I grabbed my bag, phone, iPod and my laptop.

I ran downstairs, straight into the kitchen and opened a cabinet; I pulled out a protein bar and grabbed a bottle of coffee.

My mom walked in, she saw what I was eating and shook her head.

“Honestly, Charlie. You’re going to die from just eating that. I wish you would just eat what I cook.”

“Haggis? No ma’am” I said shaking my coffee before opening it; I took a sip and looked at the time.

’11:45’

“Time to go! Have a good day.” My mom said kissing my cheek, I threw my trash away and shoved my laptop into my bag before shoving my phone into my pocket and plugging my head phones into my ears.

I grabbed my skateboard, then headed out the door. I hopped on my board and started my way towards town.

I work in a small record store, well it’s more like a music store. But they sell records. The classics.

Before I go any further, my name is Charlie Harper. I live in Mullingar, Ireland; I’m not from here though. Nope, I’m from London, England.

My mom decided to pick up and move away, I was so pissed. But I got used to live here, my mom wanted to adopt the Irish accent. God, I kept my English accent; people make fun of me for it.

Everything got a lot better when I got a lot older, I met Niall Horan when I first moved here. He is the reason that I am what I am today, that boy is my bestfriend.

I moved here when I was 6, I met him when I was 8. We get along great. But then he decided to go on X Factor, jeez.

I was happy for him, I tried out too; I didn’t make it though. I messed up on the song I was singing.

But anyways, we keep in touch; I call him. We text, skype, ooVoo; whatever is necessary to see my bestfriend.

I haven’t met his band One Direction, that’s weird right?

Well, I never leave Ireland; I’ve been here for 10 years and I have never left the country except to go see my sister in London.

But let’s go back to what I was doing, skating to work!

I stopped in front of work, I picked up my skateboard and walked into the store. I was right on time, ha!

“Oh wow, right on time. 1st time in 2 years.” My co-worker Dylan said smugly as he smirked; I set my skateboard down and rolled my eyes. He is such a dick. I hate him so much.

“Ah, Charlie! I see you’re on time today” My boss, Mr. O’Shea said smiling as he walked from the back; I smiled at him. That man gave me a chance when no one else would.

I am kind of slacker when it comes to being on time and no one else would hire me; Mr. O’Shea gave me a chance. I proved to him that I deserved to be here.

I set my bag down and punched in, walking to the record player I put in a The Beatles record smiling.

My band, I love The Beatles. So much.

It was quietly playing, as Dylan turned the radio up. Everyone in Mullingar knew about Niall and his band; people picked on me because my bestfriend wasn’t here. So I basically have no one.

“Now, here in the studio today; we have a new popular band with us.”

The radio broadcaster started, right as he said the name; I did too.

“One Direction”

“Now, boys what has the music world been up to?”

“Well, we’ve started writing some new stuff. Keeping in contact with friends back home. Busying ourselves with our tour.”

“Ah, I see. Now I hear that you boys are going to take off for the summer?”

“Yeah, we feel like we need to be away from the media for a little bit. Spend sometime with friends and family.”

“Ah, well that’s all the time we have for now. Here is One Direction’s new single ‘One Thing’”

The song started at Dylan turned it down smiling, “Aww, your bestfwend is coming back Chawie”

He was talking to me in a baby voice, I was here for five minutes and I already wanted to kill him.

“Don’t fucking talk to me like that, Dylan. And shut the fuck up” I said snapping at him angrily; he knows when he pushes the line.

Today is going to be long.

Image


Finally! It was 7pm, I could punch out.

Dylan left like two hours ago, this whole day has been crap. Dylan would not shut up; he kept picking on me because Niall was going to be coming home soon in like the next few days.

I have been beyond bored, I got my key to the store and closed it up. I grabbed my skateboard and made my way back my house.

When I got to my house, I opened the door and saw my mom eating pizza; “Pizza’s on the table.”

I nodded to her as I went into the kitchen and grabbed two slices then headed upstairs to my room; I took a bite and set my bag down before pulling out my laptop onto my bed.

I removed my jacket and tossed it onto the floor, I logged into my laptop smiling; I had a unread message from Niall. It was a video message. I pressed played and watched.

“Charlie, I miss you! But I’m pretty sure you heard that we are coming home soon, but when you watch this; you need to call me. I have something important to ask you.”

I paused it and grabbed my phone, I dialed Niall’s number smiling.
There was some yelling and music playing in the background when Niall answered.

“Hello? Charlie?”

“Niall, hey. I just got your video message; I was at work.”

“Oh yeah, it’s cool; Char. I know you have the job at the music store.”

“Yeah, so what’s up? What do you need to ask me?”

“Oh, so Liam is getting his parents to let us borrow their Lake Cabin for the whole summer. Do you want to go? I know we need more time together plus it’s a good way to get to know the guys.”

“Niall Horan, I love you! I would love to go to the Lake Cabin with you guys!”

“Great, cause we’re leaving tonight and coming to get you tomorrow.”

“Last minute much Niall?”

“You know me, hah. But be ready in the morning. About 10 or 11. I have to go and finish getting packed.”

“Alright, I love you Niall!”

“I love you too Charlie!”

He hung up and I set my phone down, I stood up and started down the stairs; my mom was watching tv in the living room.

I stood in the doorway as my mom looked up, “Mom, Niall wants to know if I can go stay with him for the summer?”

My mom thought about it for a second then nodded smiling, my mom knows how close me and Niall are. She trusts us.

I ran back upstairs, and started packing.

This summer should be a fun one.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh, I think mine sucked really bad. But yeah, I don't own any songs or the 1D boys. Though I wish I did.

Comments make me happy. :D