Waiting for a Chance

Fireworks.

When we arrived to the cabin, you could tell everyone was a little surprised.

On the outside, it looked small; but on the inside, it was huge.

We all ran to claim our rooms first, before anything. Me and Gracie went and found the perfect room for us; I smiled then looked at her.

“What do you think of this one, Grace?”

“I love it.” She replied as I nodded, we heard fighting/joking between Harry and Niall. Who would get the top bunk, I went into their room and pulled out a silver dollar.

“Heads its Harry’s, Tails its Niall’s” I flipped the coin and it landed Tails. Niall high fived me as I walked out of the room to the car.

I opened the back and went to grab my stuff but Zayn grabbed it first.

“You don’t have to do that, Zayn. I’m capable of carrying my own luggage.”

He looked up through his eyelashes and smiled at me. "I'm aware of that, but I insist."

I shook my head, smiling at him. I put my hand on my luggage. "No, no. You need to grab your stuff and unpack."

He shook his head, I could tell he wasn't going down without a fight. "Charlie, let go. I've got it'. I'm in no hurry to unpack love, let me get it for you." I had been so caught up in protesting to carry my own things inside I hadn't realize we were being watched.

I looked over to the cabin to see Niall and Lou standing at the window, smiling like kids on Christmas.

I gave up, "You win Mr. Malik. You're persistent."

We walked back into the house, I saw Lou and Niall staring at us as we walking through the door; "What?" We both said at the same.

Lou began to whistle and the two shrugged it off and began to walk away. "Just keep this in mind, I always get what I want love." He gave me a wink, "Where to?"

I headed up the stairs with him trailing along looking for the room I would be sharing with Gracyn.

When we got to my room, I smiled at him as he sat my luggage down onto my bed. "Well thanks, Zayn."

A smiled played on his lips as he nodded. He took a step forward, now close enough to where I could feel his breath against my neck he whispered in my ear, "of course. If you need anything else you know where to find me."

His lips met my cheek and before I knew it he had disappeared through the open door.

I touched the side of my cheek where he kissed me and stood there; I was flustered. You could tell.

Gracie walked into the room and look at me weirdly.

"Uhmm, Charlie are you okay? You look a bit flustered love."

I looked at her, "Huh? Oh yeah, I'm fine; Gracie."

Unzipping my bag, I started unpacking my clothes into my dresser and half of the closet.

She gave me a nod and smiled, "I know you've known Nialler for the longest time but I am just going to warn you now, you're in for an awakening."

She look her luggage and placed it on the bed to the right. "Hope you don't mind I snag this bed. The boys all together are absolutely menacing... but they're fun none the less." She smiled and got to work on unpacking.

"I know Nialler can be a handful, I'm sure I can take it; but if I haven't gone insane from Nialler then I'm sure I can manage" I replied laughing as I finish clearing out my bag, I folded it up and shoved it under my bed.

I sat cross legged facing towards her as she continued to unpack.

“Then you definitely will be okay." She turned to me and smiled then continued to unpack.

Soon a phone went off but knew it definitely wasn't mine. Gracie stopped what she was doing, looked at the caller ID and sighed tossing her phone on the other side of the bed.

Image


Her face had fallen when the phone went off again but regained back her smile when Harry walked in, I watched intently.

"Hello neighbors." He grinned with that devilish grin he has.

“Settling in well yeah?"

"Yes sir, Mr. Styles; just getting to know my roommate." I replied smiling to him as Nialler stood next to him

"Good, I’m glad. So what are you ladies talking about?" What an onset rosy.

"Life." I smiled to him, he nodded.

“Well that's boring. I'll see you ladies later, dinner is in about an hour. Let's go Nialler." And they soon disappeared out the door.

"So I saw your face fall when the phone went off. If you don't mind me asking, who was that?"

I asked as soon as the coast was clear of the boys.

I watched as she stopped what she's doing and took a breath. Turning her head a smile appeared, "No one important."

She turned back to her clothing and going back and forth between the dresser, bed, and closet.

"Alright, well if you need me; I'm here. So you and Harry, huh?" I asked smiling to her.

"Thanks love, I appreciate that." She continued to do what she was doing. Girl didn't speak much, however I had caught her with my comment.

"Oh no... uhmm, we're not together... me and Harry? Uhmm, nope we're not." She stumbled over her words.

"Hah, I know attractions when I see it. You like the lad, eh? The way you two look at each other is the same way that Nialler looks at food." I replied laughing, I pulled my hair up messily; pulling out my phone.

"I- I- I don't know what you're talking about. Don't be silly Charlie, Harry and I could never...." She finished hanging up the last of her clothes and slipped her luggage under her bed.

Gracie sighed, ran her finger through her hair, and plopped on her bed.

"You guys can, and probably will. Don't say never, it's not true. This may see as a surprise. But when I first moved to Mullingar; I liked Nialler. We were bestfriends, then we dated. It was great. I never thought we would but we broke up. Now we're bestfriends." I replied laying down staring at the ceiling.

"You guys like each other, it will happen." I reassured her smiling, "Put more faith in yourself."

I looked over to her and smiled, she looked frustrated. I had caught her in a sticky situation there was denying nothing.

"Charlie it's complicated than that. There's more to me than just what you see now and what you have seen... even if we did manage to work things out it wouldn't..." She sighed but then caught herself.

"Wait, did you say you and Ni dated?! NO WAY!!!"

"Yes, me and Nialler dated. It's history. We're friends now. Hah. And I may not know alot about you guys but I know there is always a way to make a relationship work." I smiled at her laughing.

"That's crazy. So there is nothing there at all anymore?" She sat up and criss crossed her legs.

"I'm not going to argue anymore... besides I am not going to bother trying. He's been dropping hints about a girl for the past month. I also have my own drama to worry so I am not fretting." She was absolutely ridiculous...

“Nah, nothing there. Just love for each other. We're basically like family." I replied smiling to myself then continued, "Alright but if I'm right; you better thank me later."

"That's sweet." A smiled played on her face, "Okay Charlie I will definitely keep that in mind"

She let a giggle out and sighed, "well I think I'm going to nap before dinner."

“Alright, well I’m going to chat with the boys and maybe Dannie” I replied, I stood up from my bed then walked out shutting our door.

Image


When I got out to the living room Dannie and Liam were cooking on the stove; Zayn was on the couch and Lou was on the phone.

“Hey Charlie.” Dannie said smiling, I nodded to her as I sat next to Zayn on the couch; Niall came over to the couch and sat on top of me. Harry sat across from us.

“Guys, this chair keeps moving.” Niall said laughing, I started struggling trying to get Niall’s fat ass off of me.

“Nialler, get off.” I said whining, “Quiet you. Man this chair won’t shut up” He continued as everyone started laughing.

I slid out from under Nialler and was like basically sitting on top of Zayn.

“You’re a jerk, Ni”

I stated sticking my tongue out at him, he rolled his eyes chuckling.

"You two are ridiculous" Zayn spoke placing his hands on my waist, Harry watched my face and laughed.

"Char you look super comfortable", wiggling his eyebrows he reclined his feet.

“We're bestfriends, we're supposed to be ridiculous; Zay." I replied chuckling at Zayn's statement. I blushed and shook my head at Harry, "Quiet Styles." I said shooting him a look, before laughing.

"Negative captain, I will not be silenced!" Harry deepened his voice pointed his finger to the air, and began to ramble about something like a crazy person.

Zayn shook his head and looked up at me, "Nope not here. Being ridiculous in not allowed"

He grinned flirtatiously up at me.

I slipped off my shoe quietly and tossed it at Harry's head, it smacked him in the forehead. I laughed before blushing at Zayn, "Well I say it is, Sir!"

"Bloody hell... that fucking hurt Charlie!" As Harry rubbed his head Zayn wrapped his arms around my waist this time and pulled me back. "I think not... you're definitely incorrect Miss. Charlie."

"I'm sorry, Harry. I do love you dearly." I chuckled at him, then blushed deeper.

"N-no Mr. Malik, you are wrong. I will win." I said stumbling over my words.

"That's a lie, you don't love me." Hey gave a little pout and I smirked. "What's with all the screaming? You woke me up!?" Gracie growled coming from the stairs.

"Grace, Charlie abused me with her shoe!" He screamed in terror.

She shook her head, "You'll get over it" she spoke and walked past us all and straight to the kitchen.

I laughed in victory while he pouted and raced after her but not before sticking her tongue out at me.

"Zayn Malik is never wrong long, be sure to remember that." He gave me a wink.

"I'm sorry, Gracie. I didn't mean to wake you." I said to her before chuckling, I blushed deeply again and I replied,

"I sure will remember that Mr. Malik; as long as you remember that I am always right. In any situation." I winked back before Lou looked over to us.

"Dinner time, love birds!"

My cheeks turned pink, all Zayn did was grin. Before I could get up on my own I was lifted up into the air and then sat down on my feet.

"T-thanks." I said to him as we all headed to the table.

Image


Dinner was filled with laughs, getting to know one another and good times; now we were all at the fire pit.

We were roasting marshmallows, making smores; and joking around; we were on love picnic chairs.

It was Harry & Grace, Lou & Nialler, Liam & Dannie and Me & Zayn.

"So Charlie, you sure looked cozy on zaynie boy's lap." Lou grinned devilishly

I blushed shaking my head at Lou, "Yeah Lou? You should try it sometime. It's pretty comfortable" I chuckled at him before pulling my marshmallow off the stick and putting it in my mouth.

"Pshhhh," he retorted back. "You're late love, been there and done that. We've even done more than that right babe?" Lou gave Zayn a wink, "Of course baby boo. That was the best night on my life."

I nearly choked on my marshmallow and I am guessing Hazza did too. "WHAT THE FUCKING HELL!" He screeched at the top of his lungs.

"Lou bear... you cheated on me?" I swear I was going to cry tears of laughter.

I laughed at Harry and Lou as they began to argue jokingly; I leaned back into my chair smiling at my new friends.

"Charlie, this isn't a laughing matter. I was cheated on..." Haz cried, I watched as everyone rolled their eyes.

“Oh, I am sorry Harry; would you like me to murder Lou?" I asked smiling nicely.

"Yes, I would love that."

Harry crossed his arms, stuck his nose in the air, and pouted.

"I would dear, but I cannot!" I said laughing at him, Lou started begging him to forgive him. I chuckled as I tried to scoot over but I forgot Zayn was there. I bumped him on accident.

"Sorry."

He looked up and smiled, "no worries love. You're good." I nodded my head.

"Would you like another marshmallow before Nialler eats them all?"

"Yes love, I would. I know how much of a fat ass Ni can be." I said chuckling as I stuck my tongue out at Niall; smiling.

"Rude." Ni had stated while he shoved a couple more in his mouth.

"Saying that, then shoving more into your mouth doesn't help Niall." I replied laughing, I put my hand out for Zayn to hand me one.

And as he did his fingers brushed against mine, I could see a hint of pink in his cheeks.

"Thanks, very much." I mumbled as I put it into my mouth.

Image


It was a few hours later, and Dannie and Liam stood up as Lou did.

"Well the lot of you have fun, we're heading to bed." Liam said then Lou nodded as they started into the house.

Harry stood up, and picked up a sleep ridden Grace; "Good night."

He made his way back into the house carrying Gracie, I looked up at the sky.

Not even 15 minutes later, Ni stood up and kissed my cheek; he whispered ''Good night" Then went into the house.

"It looks like it's just us." I mumbled as I stared at the starry sky.

"Yeah... I guess so." It had stayed quiet for a couple more minutes untill he spoke. "So tell me about yourself Char?"

"There isn't much to tell, I mean; I'm turning 19 this summer. I work in a record store. I want to be a singer. I used to live in London but moved to Mullingar."

"How about you tell me about yourself, Mr. Malik?" I asked looking at him, I could feel his breathe on my face. We were really close.

"You sing? Sing me something..." He spoke completely ignoring me and my question.

"Uh, okay." I replied thinking of what song to sing.

"Who says, who says you're not perfect? Who says you're not worth it? Who says you're the only one that's hurtin'? Trust me, that's the price of beauty. Who says you're not pretty? Who says you're not beautiful? Who says?"

I sang looking at the sky instead of his face, when I finished I looked at him; I was blushing.

He gave me a smile, "Wow you're amazing Charlie." He leg brushed up against mine, "Have you ever considered doing something with that or is it just a hobby?"

"I'm not that good, and I never really thought of it as anything. I tried out for the X-Factor too, I knew I wasn't going to make it. Niall wanted to do a duet with me, but I said no" I replied, blushing at the leg brush.

I stared at the sky, and thought back to when I went with Niall.

"Well they were absolutely wrong to turn you down." He had whispered into my ear, it taken me a few to realize how close we were.

I looked at him and blushed; "Thanks" I mumbled quietly, I looked into his eyes then looked down at our hands touching then back up at him.

I could feel my breathing slow down, it scared me that if he moved any closer i'd die of suffocation. He smiled, "You're welcome." I had looked away from him as I had moved away but it wasn't for long.

I could feel the soft and rough feeling of his finger tips touch my chin to pull my gaze back to his.

"As cheesy as this may sound, the very moment my eyes were laid on you I knew my world had completely changed." His hot breath on my ear.

"Yeah?" I asked, blushing deep red; with my pale skin, you could see it well.

He gave a little smirk and nodded, "Charlie..." he did even finish or let me respond. His hand cupped my cheek and before i knew it I could feel his sweet and soft tasting lips on mine.

I kissed back, it was like sparks instantly. When we parted for air; I looked at him blushing.
"W-what just happened?" I asked stumbling over my words.

His cheeks were a light pink and he had a cocky smirk on his face, "Fireworks."

I stared at him for a long time, looking into his eyes.

They were soft, "No need to get cocky, Mr. Malik." I replied smiling softly at him.

He didn't say anything, he just pulled me in again letting his lips linger a few more seconds longer than the last. When he pulled away he sighed, "God you're beautiful."

I shook my head, "No, just average." I replied quietly.

I yawned turning my back towards him, staring at the moon. The fire was starting to die down.

"To you maybe, but to me you're more." I could hear him rustling around, he stood up and put out the fire. There was enough light coming from the moon anyways.

"You're tired, let's get you to bed." I felt his hand grab for mine he lifted me on to my feet.

"But I don't want to go to sleep" I replied as we made our way into the Cabin, he shut the door and locked it

His fingers laced with mine he turned to me face to face. "You don't have a say Miss. Harper." He grinned and pulled me upstairs walking me to my room. "This is you."

"I should have a say y'know." I replied as I opened my door quietly then turned to him.

"Nope, it's late and you my love need some sleep. I can see it in your eyes." I took both my hands and interetwined them with his own.

"Goodnight Charlie Harper." With that he pulled me in and placed a last sweet kiss on my cheek.

"Goodnight Zayn Malik" I replied as I closed my door quietly, I took my clothes off and slipped into a crop top and sweatpants then slipped into bed.

I fell asleep dreaming sweet dreams.

This is going to be a good summer.
♠ ♠ ♠
-Yeah, so mibba crashed and our chapters went with it.
It sucks, but we aren't going to let it get us down.
Whreww.
Show some love! <3