Waiting for a Chance

For you I'd be Superhuman.

“This is absolutely amazing.” I moaned as the sun hit my skin. Danielle, Charlie, and myself had headed out on to the lake to get our tan on. We laid out in the middle of the lake on a large floating raft .

“Tell me about it, I absolutely needed this vacation. Think about is Grace, before you left for the states we were working for the past two years without stop.” I groaned, she was right and even then when I left for the states I didn’t exactly get a break.

I had received a call from Selena Gomez’s people about being short a dancer at her Dallas show… so I filled in. Then there was my gram’s funeral, the viewing, and everything else my parents and the rest of the world had planned out for me. I truly needed this.

I sat up and pushed my aviators over my eyes, "I wonder what the lads are up to."

"Probably being lazy asses and sitting around." Charlie replied looking over towards me with her sunglasses on.

"Most likely, Nialler's probably eating, Zayn and Harry are sleeping, Lou's chatting with Eleanor on the phone, and Liam watching the football game." I grinned "Hah, the boys are way too predictable." Charlie chuckled as she sat up and crossed her legs.

I laughed shaking my head and pushed my aviators back to the top of my head and laid back down. "They are, it's really sad honestly." Danielle chimed in. "She lives!" I screamed with a slight chuckle.

Chuckling, Charlie looked over to Dannie and I; "I thought you were dead over there, Dan" This time Danielle sat up and shook her head, "Nope fully alive and well." I stayed laying down but flipped on to my belly giving myself some sun time there. "So Char, so what did you and zayn talk about last night when everyone left?" I could hear a grin in her voice.

Charlie looked at the ground, smiling; "We talked about everything." And everything is?" I said pushing myself up to my elbows, my shades at the tip of my nose.

"We talked about me, my singing, just stuff." She laughed before pushing her sunglasses to the top of her head, I quirked an eyebrow up. "I'm sure that's not all you talked about or did... I heard from a little birdie that he kissed you..." My voice faded with pure excitement on my voice.

She looked over to me with some sort of surprised look on her face, "Who said that?" Shrugging my shoulders, I sat up and criss crossed my legs and grinned over to Danielle. "I don't kiss and tell, and tell that little birdie that he is dead." She replied as blush crawled up her cheeks, chuckling.

"Well love, unfortunately that birdie is you. Good job telling on yourself." I gave her a wink and giggled. "Charlie, one thing you much know about Gracyn is that no matter what she gets you to talk so... how was it?" Dannie chimed.

She scowled to her before smiling to us, "'It was really… Amazing. It was like in slow motion, I know people say it all the time, but this was a real fireworks moment. I had to ask him to make sure what happened was real."

"Ohhhh, that's just too cute! Zayn's a real charmer that one... but just be careful okay. He's a little too good at charming. Don't fall too hard until you know it's real with okay love?" Danielle said, she gave Char a smile.

Image


"Speaking of the devil, here he comes along with the rest of the boys now." I laughed. Charlie nodded to Dan, then looked to the boys. "Hey boys" She said smiling to them.

Liam was the first up out of the water, hopping on to the platform he walked straight over to Danielle and took a spot behind her wrapping his arms around waist. "Ah, baby you're all wet!" She squealed.

Next had been Niall and Zayn, they made their way over to Charlie. Larry were the last two and their next decision would be on they would regret. Giving each other a look and grin they walked over to me and shook their wet hair all over me making me scream. "You are arses, this I am sure of."

They just laughed and made a sandwich out of me giving me an enormous hug.
Charlie chuckled as Niall kissed her cheek and Zayn sat super close to her smiling. "You guys are hilarious. I don't know what I'm going to do without you guys after this summer."

"You truly think that them making me wet is hilarious." I pouted, "Oh so we make you wet huh?" Harry and Lou had found them a seat, Harry sitting fairly close whispering in my ear. My cheeks turned a bright shade of red.

Charlie looked at me, shooting me a look; not a mean look like a look that said 'Flirt back'
She smiled to Niall and turned her attention to Niall and Zayn.

I shot her a look back telling her a simple no. "Uhmm..." I mumbled my cheeks were still a bright red.

"We're out, I’m starving." Danielle grinned; she got up and headed back to the house with Liam.

Charlie shot me another look, she stood up; "I'm going to go in the water. Who wants to come?"

Niall shook his head, "I'm heading the house, and I’m going to see what's on the telly."

Zayn stood up, he picked her up smiling and threw her into the water as she screamed; he went in after her. I stared at Harry, “So… it’s just me and you.” He had a little smirk on his face and scoot closer.

Image


I shook my head, “Don’t get frisky Styles it’s not going to happen.” I gave him a little wink and stretched my legs out in front of me. He shook his head and laid down putting his head in my lap. “Time for me to get my tan on now.”

“You’re ridiculous Hazza.” I chuckled smiling down at him and placing my shades over my eyes. “You’re ridiculous Beanball.” I retorted, I looked down and have him a what the fuck look. “Beanball? You’re kidding me right?” He shook his head. “Nope, for now on I shall call you beanball and you will be my beanball.” This kid is crazy.

A few minutes went by and silence took over, it wasn’t awkward so it wasn’t all that bad however that non-awkward silence would end soon. “Gracie…” Harry sat up and turned to me. “Yeah Hazza?” His face got serious and I got worried.

“The day before you left… I was there.” I gave him a questioning look unsure what he was talking about. “Okay where?” I crossed my arms and he sighed. “I saw Rylan slap you…” I breathing stopped, I closed my eyes and sighed. “Why were you there…”

“I wanted to stop by and say one last by you left… plus I know how much you love those plaid pants I have and was going to bring them to you. You were by your car arguing with him, I had just pulled up, I didn’t hear what he said but just as I was about to get out he slapped you…” He sighed and looked away as if he were ashamed of himself.

“I didn’t know what to do Gracie… I wanted to so bad hop out of the car and beat the shit out of him, but then I thought of how you would of reacted to it. You’d be mad and angry… so I just did my first instinct and drove away. I’m so sorry Gracie, I should of kicked his ass or told someone. I should of done something.”

By now Haz was out of breath running on and on. “Harry… Haz… Hazza… HAROLD!” He stopped and stared at me with wet brimmed eyes. “I’m sorry.” Honestly I was glad he left, how awkward and low I would have felt. “Don’t worry okay, I’m glad you left.” His face dropped and I knew I was about to hear it.

I did my best to make sure to lighten the mood, “-Because lets be real Hazza. Rylan is way bigger than you… but it is the thought that counts.” I gave him a cheeky smile and nudged him. His face still said shock but soon he relaxed and smiled.

“Gracie…” what came next was unexpected. Lifting my head to look to him I was taken by surprise the moment his lips touched mine. I sat there frozen but was soon pulled back to reality when he pulled away. “You can do so much better than him… and you deserve so much better than him” He gave a little smile as his cheeks blushed.

“Really now? And where would I find this person?” His response made my heart drop. “For you I’d be superhuman.” With that he placed his lips on mine once more. "Hey!" He pulled away from me and crawled over to my things and picked up a white v-neck. "Is this mine?" I shrugged my shoulders and smirked. "You smell good."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, so if you read chapter 6 beforehand then I need you to erase that and re-read this one. When Mibba had a melt down five of the chapters were erased, thank god we had everything saved except for this chapter which is completely my fault for not saving.... but yeah new ending. Please comment and tell us what y'all think!!