Status: Completed for a Contest

What We Didn't Expect

Three

Six Months Later
Doctor Peters had called me to her office this morning and I was a bit nervous. For one, I couldn’t fit behind the steering wheel any longer, so I had to have my brother drive me here. And for two, Brady had moved out after his first visit with Doctor Peters. I had no idea what was going on with him, how the babies were, and he knew nothing about our babies either. So, I was really nervous to go in and see Doctor Peters this morning.
I left my brother in the waiting room as the nurse escorted me to Dr. Peters’ office. She asked me to take a seat; I did so carefully as I braced my back with one hand and grabbed hold of the chair with the other.
“Theodora, I’m not supposed to tell you this as it goes against patient confidentiality, but I think you ought to know. Brady’s over at Main West Hospital being prepped for delivery. He went into labor about twelve hours ago and is finally ready. I think he’ll want you there when he gets out of recovery. He’ll want to talk and explain things with you, like he’s done with me.”
“But Doctor Peters, he left me.”
“Sweetie, that young man loves you so much that he didn’t know what else to do. He’s always asked about you. But I never tell him because that’s your own business. But this, this is for the sake of four children and I will not let something silly stand in the way of perfectly happy lives. So please, just hear him out.”
“Was he early?”
“Three days late actually, we were going to induce him today had he not gone into labor.” I leaned my head into my hand and sighed. I rubbed my really swollen belly with the other and just let my mind drift for a second. One of the babies kicked my hand as I rubbed, but I hardly noticed. At seven and a half months, 30 weeks, I was huge and all the pains kind of ran together at this point.
“Alright, thank you, Doctor Peters. I’ll see you in two weeks for my next appointment.” She came around her desk and offered a hand to help me out of the chair. I graciously took it and braced my back again as I slowly came out of the chair. I went back to the lobby and found my brother. He helped me walk in the blistering heat to the car before rushing around to start it up and flip the air on. I smiled and told him to go to Main West.

I left Todd in the car to find a parking spot as I headed to the maternity ward. After riding two different elevators, I finally found the right wing and asked the nurses for a glass of water before finally getting directions to Brady’s room. He was in there, asleep, prepping for the long surgery that came with a c-section.
I let out a sigh as I saw his baby bump was bigger than mine, much bigger actually. He had his hands protectively placed on top of it and I swear I saw one of them move as a baby kicked him. One of our babies kicked me to, right by my navel. I swear it felt like gravity was pulling me slowly towards his hospital bed. I cautiously placed a hand on top of his swollen midsection and felt a kick right where my hand was. I grabbed one of his hands and brought it to the top of my belly and felt a kick go there too.
“They know who their Mommy and Daddy are,” he whispered as his eyes peaked open. I quickly let go and slid into the chair at his bed side.
“I didn’t know you were awake,” I replied as I wiped a tear from my eyes.
“I smelled your perfume. Is it crazy that I remember exactly what it smells like?” he asked, rubbing his hands up and down the distended abdomen.
“Only if it’s crazy that I still spray your cologne on my pillows.”
“We are definitely crazy,” he chuckled, but I could tell it was strained as a contraction hit him.
“I have to tell you something, right now before they take me down to the OR.”
“Yeah?” was my quiet response.
“I took your DNA and had it injected into my eggs. I than masturbated and had them throw that in there too. Weird, I know, but it was the only way to fertilize an egg without cheating on you. I went behind your back to do it because I figured after a year’s worth of trying to get pregnant that it just wouldn’t happen. And I left because I just couldn’t stand with you not knowing the truth. And it’s disturbing, which is why I couldn’t tell you and I left.”
“That’s why you left? You left because you did something behind my back to bring us children we couldn’t have ourselves?” he slowly nodded as another contraction hit him. “Oh, baby, we really are crazy. Do you remember the night I gave you that hand job? I used your cum from that night to do the exact same thing. God, we are crazy.” I stood, slowly, and went to his side. “Let’s promise to never do something stupid behind each other’s backs again ever, than we’ll be okay. I promise,” he nodded and squeezed my hand as the contractions got stronger and the light on the machine went off.
“It’s show time,” he exclaimed as the doctors and nurses flew into the room. “I love you, Teddy.”
“I love you too, I’ll be right here when you and our babies come back. Promise,” he smiled and was pushed away by the nurses. A doctor helped me into the waiting room where I found my brother and told us he’d be back with news after the c-section was over. I thanked him and told my big brother everything.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, that's all folks. Thanks for reading, hope this isn't too awkward of a story. It was my first attempt at m-preg and I wanted to try something different!