Status: Startin soon.

Dreams Do Not Work- Unless You Do

Chapter 6

Image

When the sun peaked through the curtains the next day, Viviane slightly jumped when she felt the mattress behind her move. She turned around and saw Sidney fast asleep with his bare muscular back facing the ceiling. Lovingly she caressed his neck for a second before deciding to let him sleep for a while and make break fast in the meantime.
With as little noise as possible she got some socks from her closet and closed the bedroom door behind her. After checking on her sleeping son she went downstairs and got to work. To celebrate Sidney’s return she decided to go all out and made some croissants and bagels. While they were baking in the oven she boiled herself an egg and prepared scrambled eggs for her guys. The coffee maker hummed loud enough to wake Anakin up.
Soon she heard the patter of his little feet on the hardwood floor. Much to her and Sidney’s dismay the 32 months old had found out how to open the gates they had installed at the stairs.

“Mom” he said sleep very prominent in his voice. He walked up next to her and extended his arms holding up his socks. She picked him up and sat him on the counter to help him put them on.

“Good morning honey. Did you sleep well?”

He just nodded and rubbed his eyes.

“Do you want chocolate milk or OJ for breakfast?” she asked while pulling the cookie sheet with the baked goods from the oven.

“Bot’?” he looked at her with puppy eyes.

“Sure. DON’T touch that.” She scolded him softly when he reached for the cookie sheet. “It’s hot and you’ll burn yourself. Then you fingers hurt and you can’t put on gloves to play hockey today.”

“Hockey” his whole face lit up.

“Well if you want to of course. Do you want to help me set the breakfast table?” she asked.
The toddler nodded and waited for his mother to set him down again. Afterwards she handed him a plastic bowl with cut fruit which he happily pushed onto the table. Once he repeated the trip 3 times, he climbed into his Tripp-Trapp chair and let out an exhausted sigh. Viviane had put everything including her cappuccino, Sidney’s black coffee and Anakin’s fresh pressed OJ and chocolate milk onto the table and met her son’s questioning glance. “T’ree?”

As if he had been waiting for his clue, Sidney opened the bed room door and walked downstairs. Viviane let her eyes fly over his toned chest and his flexing muscles while he pulled a shirt over his head and walked closer.

“Good morning.” He mumbled and places a soft peck onto Viviane’s lips.

“DADDY” Anakin yelled surprised and reached for his dead.

“Hey there bud” Sid boomed and pulled his son out of his chair hoisting into the air. Ani squealed and nestled his head against his father’s torso once he sat him down on his hip.

“How are you doing? Did you miss me?”

Anakin nodded and grabbed onto his dad’s shirt. “Play hockey wit’ me?”

Sidney giggled and set Ani back into his chair to sit down himself.

“We’ll see okay?” then he turned to Viviane “This breakfast looks amazing.”

She smiled and helped Ani loading some apple pieces onto his plate.

---------

While Viviane cleaned up after the beasts were fed Sidney followed Anakin upstairs to help him brush his teeth and get dressed. When she went upstairs some minutes later she found Sidney in their shared bathroom shaving,

“And did little guy convince him to take him to the rink?” she asked pinning up her hair to get ready to shower.

“Yeah it took a real lot to convince me” he joked and turned around just in time to catch his wife taking off the shirt she had slept in. He reached out for her and pulled her in to kiss her passionately. When she leaned back resting in his strong arms she saw his eyes sparkle.

“You are really happy about this?” she whispered.

“What? Him loving hockey? Of course. Isn’t that every hockey players dream?” he answered in an equally low voice.
Viviane laughed and squirmed out of his embrace skipping towards the shower dropping her panties on her way. Sidney shook his head before turning back towards the mirror.
When Viviane stepped out of the bathroom wrapped in a towel Anakin sat on the bed and watched his dad tying the shoes.

“Ready to practice with daddy?” she asked. The toddler nodded excited and smiled. Sid looked up to her and smirked.

“You got there something white on your forehead.” He reached out to wipe it away. “How did you get shaving cream up there?” he fake wondered.

“Mommy come?” Anakin wondered slipping from the bed.

“No honey. Have a great day with your daddy okay?”
------------

When the front door closed behind Sidney and Anakin, Viviane called her parents to catch up a little.
They talked a bit about life in Pittsburgh, Anakin, Sidney, the latest gossip back home and a lot more when Viviane felt a bad cramp in her lower abdomen.

“Mom I gotta go” she breathed and hung up before her mother could reply.

She curled up in pain, clutching the sides of her hips and winced. Since Anakin’s birth she had experienced cramps during her period but miscarrying a non existing baby felt like a whole different story. When the pain got a little more bearable she went to the kitchen to make herself a hot-water bag.

------------

Sidney returned to the house about an hour later and found it unusually quiet. Anakin had fallen asleep on the drive home. He tugged him in and went to look for Viviane. She laid in their bed with her back facing him.

’She must be taking a nap’ he thought and turned around to give her some room when he heard her cry.

“Viv” he gasped and ran over to her. He sat down next to her and she immediately rested her head on his lap. Her face was tear stained and her eyes red and swollen. Carefully he cupped her face and caressed her cheek with his thumb. She slowly opened her eyes a little wider and finally made eye contact.

“Babe what’s wrong?” he asked. Her only reply was a heart breaking sob. “Hey… hey what happened while we were gone? Talk to me. No matter what happened it will be okay.”

Viviane’s shaking hand moved up to her eyes to wipe away the tears that kept coming. It took her a minute or to trying to find out how to tell him. Slowly she moved around to take the ultrasound pictures from her nightstand’s top drawer.

Sidney looked at them trying to contain a smile.

“You are pregnant?” he breathed. “That’s amazing.”

Viviane frantically shook her head trying not to cry again.
With her pinkie she pointed onto the picture to explain.
“It first looks like I’m pregnant. See this tiny thing would usually turn into the amniotic sac. But there is no embryo in it. The doctor think is died in a very young stage so right now I’m miscarrying all the stuff.” She managed to say before crying again. Sidney’s excited expression vanished immediately and he cradled her against his chest as if he was trying to safe her from what was going on inside of her. He laid back into the pillows and pulled her on top of him.
After a while she pushed herself up a little and looked at him.

“The doctor thinks a hormone therapy could help us.”

Sidney raised an eyebrow.
“Hormone therapy? Can I take them? I mean would I have to stop playing for a year? I just know that some hormones are on the doping list so…”

“Not for you, dummy” Viviane giggled, wiping away a last stray tear. “For me you idiot.”

“Oh” was all he said. “Isn’t that somehow dangerous for you? Or unhealthy?”

Viviane laughed and found his concern very adorable.

“Mixing up your hormones is never really healthy but it would be the same for you right?”

Sid realized his mistake and laughed at himself. “So what will those hormones do?”

“I looked up the most common therapies. The doctor thinks Clomiphene is the one I should go with. They aren’t really sure how it works but it is very successful. It helps the Ovulation.”

“And side effects?”

“Basically stuff that also comes with the pregnancy like hot flashes, abdominal discomfort, blurring, nausea, vomiting.”

“Okay… how do you feel about it? Would you give it a shot?” he asked and cupped her face.

“I think so. But I’m not sure. I want to think about it with you together. Like you said whatever will happen. We will be in this together. So you have the same say in it like I have.”

“Hun… I will support you and stand with you every step you take, but it is your body we are talking about. If I could take it from you, if there was any way I could do it, believe me I would. If there are some risks and there is a hormone therapy for men that leads us to the goal, I’ll take a year off hockey.”

Viviane smiled. “Shut up. You go earn the money and I’ll pop some pills or get some shots to pop you some childs okay?”

“Yes woman” he purred and pulled her into his chest. His hand wandered down to her butt and effortlessly pulled her up to rest comfortably. “Let’s take a nap until that little trooper wakes up okay?”

Viviane nodded into his chest. The last thing she felt before falling asleep was being covered with a blanket.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I finally found a picture of a kid that looks a little how I imagine Anakin to look like. Just make those curls a little darker. Ironically it's from Wikipedia haha.
Thank you so much for your motivating comments: Kendra, Bex, Kelly, Olivia, Alison, Laiba, Vivi and Nicole.