Status: Complete

You're Not Like the Others

Ch.21

It's been a couple of weeks since what I like to call the 'EVP proposal'. I told my dad and my best friend, which they were excited about the news.

"So when's the wedding?"

"Well Zak's got a couple of months off before he starts filming for the new season, so we're trying to get married sometime in thoughs couple of months," I said to my friend Jessica while I was getting ready for work.

"How's Abby taking it?"

"What do you mean Jess?"

"Does she like the idea of you and Zak getting married?"

"Of course she does Jess...She seems even more happy. If that's even possible," I said pulling my pants up.

"I'm glad things are finally going right for you."

"Thanks Jess, now what do you want?"

"What do ya mean?"

"I know for a fact you didn't just call me 10 minutes before I leave for work just to congradulate me again," I said matter of factly

"Well since you're wedding's in a couple of months...We're going to go dress shopping when you get off work," Jess said.

"Jess, I don't need help on picking out a wedding dress and I think it's to soon to get one anyway," I said.

"But Kayla you need to at least start looking at them. And when you fing the one, you might have to get it tailored," She said a matter-of-factly.

"Fine," I said sighing, "Just text me the place where you want to meet up and we'll get this done. Now I've got to go, I'll see you later Jess."

"Ok, bye."

I hung up the phone with a sigh,

Jess is a nut, I thought and finished getting ready.

I went down to the kitchen but stop near the doorway when I heard Zak say just above a whisper,

"Don't tell mommy what we did ok?"

"Ok."

I went into the kitchen, "Don't tell mommy what?" I asked with an eyebrow raised.

Abby jumped and Zak's eyes widened a little. I looked at what she was eating.

"How'd you get her to eat Cheerios?" I asked squinting at the bowl.

"That's my little secret," Zak said smirking.

I went and got a spoon and ate some of Abby's cereal. I swallowed it and gave him a playful glare.

"You put some sugar in it," I stated.

"Can I get by with one thing without you knowing?" He said with a fake pout.

"Zak you know not many things get past me." I said and gave him a kiss and he gladly returned it.

When we broke apart I said, "Well I've got to get going or I'm going to be late for work. Abby are you coming with mommy?"

"No, I want to go with daddy."

"Ok, now you two better behave while I'm gone." I said pointing at Abby then at Zak.

"Yes, mother." He said.

"Watch it young man, you might get punished if you keep acting like that."

Zak pulled me into a hug and whispered in my ear.

"Kayla, you can punish me anytime."

My mouth hung open slightly from shock and I don't know if it was the room or me but it felt like it was about 95 degrees in the kitchen right now. I cleared my throat and said,

"I-I need to get going before I'm late."

Zak chuckled at my reaction and let me go with one more kiss.

"Have a good day Kayla."

"I will. I love you baby girl," I said giving her a kiss on the head

"Love you too."

I then left the house and went to work.

/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/ ABBY'S POV \*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\

After my mom left and I finished my cereal daddy said,

"How 'bout we go to the office for a little bit and then we'll get some ice cream and go to the park?"

"Ok."

Daddy helped me off the ginormous stool that was at the counter, which mommy and daddy likes to call it an island, in the middle of the kitchen.

"Alright, go get your shoes on and we'll go to the office."

I went to my room, which I loved. I had my very own castle on my wall that uncle Billy painted, I had a Cinderella lamp on my pink nightstand from uncle Nick before he moved, and a special nightlight from uncle Aaron, he likes to call it the 'Big Steppin' nightlight'. I got my sandels on and went back downstairs to daddy.

"Ready?"

"Yeah," I said excitedly.

We made it to the office and was greeted by uncle Aaron.

"There's the little munchkin', How've ya been?" Aaron asked me while picking me up and giving me a hug.

"I'm doin' good uncle Aaron," I said hugging him back.

He put me down and I went over to the black leather couch and sat down. The office door opened and it was Billy.

"Uncle Billy!"

"Hey princess Abby," He said with a smile

I saw that he had some bags, cups and a happy meal from McDonald's. It's been a few hours since I ate my breakfast and I was getting hungry.

"You hungry?" Uncle Billy asked.

I nodded my head. He smiled and handed me the box.

"Chicken nuggets with fries and a Sprite. Right?"

"Mmm Hmm."

I opened the box and started eating while daddy and the guys started working and eating. I guess about 25 minutes later uncle Aaron got bored and came to play with me. He got a piece of paper and we started playing tic-tac-toe.

"I'll be Xs and you be Os." Aaron said

"Ok, but uncle Aaron..."

"Hmm?"

"You're going down."

We started the game. There were three more spaces left and I had two ways to win. Aaron blocked my vertical win, so I put my O diagonally. I threw my fists in the air.

"I told you I was going to win," I said happily.

"I guess you did," Uncle Aaron said chuckling.

When me and him were done playing tic-tac-toe, we started taking goofy pictures. Daddy then called at me and Aaron.

"Alright, we're done. Abby, you ready to go get some ice cream and then head to the park?"

"Yeah."

I hugged uncle Aaron and uncle Billy bye. Daddy strapped me in the back seat and we headed to the ice cream shop.

We were sitting in the park eating our ice cream. I got three scoops of the chocolate chocolate chip and daddy got two scoops of vanilla. When me and him were done I went down on the spiral slide that was blue and purple. I done that a few times and then I went to daddy.

"Daddy?"

"Yeah sweetie?"

"I wanna do the monkey bars."

He got up from the bench with a smile on his face and helped me on the monkey bars. He helped across the bars both ways.

"Can you push me on the swing?" I asked when he put me down on the ground.

"Sure."

I ran over to the swings and got on the yellow one. Daddy got behind me.

"Hang on tight."

I hung onto the old chains harder. And I squealed when he pushed me. I wasn't ready to go that high yet, but it was still fun. While I was swinging I spotted something I've never been on before.

"Daddy, I want to ride on that," I said pointing to the thing.

He looked at was I was pointing at and stopped the swing gently. When it stopped I jumped off the swing and ran towards the thing and daddy wasn't to far behind. I got on it and daddy said,

"You better get in the middle or you'll fly out and hurt yourself."

I got in the middle and I asked him,

"What is this thing?"

"It's called a merry-go-round."

"Why?"

"You'll see, now hang on tight sweetie."

I held on to the metal tightly and he put his hand on a piece of metal and started jogging around in circles, with me spinning. When he got faster, the merry-go-round got faster and pretty soon everything was a blur from how fast it was going. Daddy let go of it and I spun and laughed. Pretty soon it started slowing down and daddy finally made it stop.

"C'mon Abby, daddy's gotta sit down for a minute," He said breathing heavy.

I got off and I was wobbly. Daddy took my hand and we went to the bench and sat down to rest.
♠ ♠ ♠
NEW STORY!! It's the sequel to 'It's Hard to Make it Look Easy' so please tell me what you think.