Status: I'm a horrible updater.

Bat Country

Show me how defenseless you really are.

-Through Matt’s Eyes-

I didn’t fucking want it to happen this way. Alexis as my…child, sure, but as my mate? It’s like it was ripped out of some cliché fucking book and it bothered me. All I had wanted for now was to be her maker, and hopefully be a good one. I wasn’t so awesome last time, and this time it should have been different. When I asked Thor to train her, I meant lightly. I didn’t expect him to put her through a god damn boot camp, but that’s exactly what he did.
“Alexis, you’re going to have to catch me.” Thor was saying.
I rolled my eyes. Speed was nothing to Alexis.
I watched her eyes dart around. She was distracted because she was still a little bit hungry. Thor had ordered me to keep her from finishing her dinner, and it took all of us to stop her. Callie lost a chunk of hair in the process, and not going to lie, it made me a little bit more proud of Alexis. I hated that girl, and the only reason she was allowed in my nest is because I trusted Zacky to keep her in line. Something about her attitude sucked.
Not to my surprise, Alexis caught Thor. Everyone else was surprised, but they had never seen another vampire like Alexis, nor had to chase her down through the woods.
They walked back slowly, and Thor was telling Alexis something, hopefully something vital, because the hungrier she got, the less she would be able to listen and understand. I stopped fucking paying attention when Thor started telling Alexis how important it was to dodge. I could even feel Alexis’s boredom. She already knew most of this from my memories, she just wanted to put them in practice.
It was a real treat explaining to Alexis that she couldn’t finish her food. And then I had to explain to her she couldn’t go hunting, I would have to get blood back to her, and I wasn’t even sure how.

I had to soak up blood in rags to bring back to Alexis. She took them without an argument, and I tried to keep Callie from seeing them as I handed them to Alexis to take back to our room so she could eat without Callie making fun of her. I didn’t even have to be there with her to know she cried, however most of the time I was, she only let me see it once, then refused to let me do it afterwards. I followed her this time, without even handing her the rags she would have to suck on. Quietly, she just followed me. When I had locked the door I handed them to her and she took them from me weakly then went to the bathroom and locked that door. The door’s lock was useless, it just came with the door so I could have gotten in if I wanted. I heard the bag I had the blood soaked towels in open and I stood next to the door.
“Alexis, are you sure you don’t want me in there with you?” I asked, looking down at my feet then back up at the door frame.
Her broken voice gave her away. “No. I don’t want you to see me doing this.” I heard her slide to the floor. “It’s so fucking embarrassing, Matt. I shouldn’t have to live like a prisoner.”
“I agree.” My eyes shot up as Thor stood in the doorway to the bedroom. Of course he figured out how to get past my door lock. I’d have to have the entire front made of silver now.
Thor leaned against the door and listened to Alexis as I crossed my arms.
“They all know I have to fucking do this, and they all look at me like I’m retarded.” I knew Alexis was suckling on the rags because I felt the hunger pangs subside only a little bit. I was always a little bit hungry recently.
“No they don’t, Alexis.” I told her, although I had to admit, none of them had ever had to go through this, and I did believe they judged her a little bit.
I looked up at Thor with all the rage I could get my eyes to show him. He didn’t seem phased at all, although that was usual. He just leaned up against our damn door and kept listening.
“YES THEY DO!” Alexis screamed. “And tell Thor to go away. I can smell him and I don’t want him to think of me on a fucking bathroom floor sucking on bloody rags.”
A smile took up Thor’s entire face and he came to the door and opened it. He stepped in carefully and slowly. Even he must be scared of her being hungry.
He sat on the edge of the bathtub and put his hands between his legs, leaning forward a bit.
“Alexis…I know this is hard on you. You won’t be able to access the skills we need unless you’re hungry. You have to train with us, and unfortunately you won’t unless you’ve not fed. You won’t be able to attack us so you can practice.”
Nice try, Thor.
Alexis was not a short girl, standing at 5’8’’, she was the tallest girl in the house. Hell she was already taller than Johnny, and she was almost as tall as Zacky. But as I looked at her shrinking away from Thor with a bloody rag in her hands and her bloody tears staining her face, she looked so small. I was furious with Thor for doing this. He’d ordered me to allow this, and you can’t disobey an order. He was making my only creation that was happy fade away before my eyes.
“Will you just leave until I‘m ready?” She said, her eyes going down.
Thor smiled. “As you wish.” In a flash he was gone.
I didn’t want to violate her privacy and I stepped in only so I could close the door again. I sat down besides the bathroom door and stayed quiet.
“I didn’t want to do this to you.” I said after a few long moments of silence.
I heard Alexis suckling and the small splurt of blood being sucked away from the fabric. She was also growling which was cute…in a way…and also terrifying.
Another surprise came when she opened the door with the rag still in her mouth. Jumping up, I looked at her and felt sort of depressed by what I saw. She was so hungry and all she wanted was one full meal. Her skin was losing its sheen and her hair was becoming a little stringy.
She looked up at me and I felt like I was going to shatter into a million pieces.
“I know.” she said, looking back down to her rag. She kicked the door open a little bit as she put the blood stained towel to her mouth. “You can come in.” Her eyes came back to me and for the first time in probably…ever…I blushed. The capillaries burst and it hurt more than I thought it would, but I shook it off and stepped into the bathroom as she turned and sat in the same corner she was in before. I could tell she was ashamed and it took a lot for her to let me see her this weak.

This time watching her train with Thor was not fun to watch. Her speed was decreased and dipped below Thor’s, and he was yelling at her for it.
“You’re getting slow, Alexis!” His voice was far louder than it needed to be, although I knew he was trying to provoke the side of her no one ever wanted to see. He turned to walk away from her, and as she exhaled in relief, Thor quickly turned around and wrapped his arms tightly around her head and began twisting. My eyes shot open and without even thinking,
“NO!” shot out from my mouth.
♠ ♠ ♠
This and the next chapter will be through Matt's POV. It keeps me fresh when I'm writing so there's less writer's block for me to plow through. Enjoy. :D