Status: I'm a horrible updater.

Bat Country

No oasis here to see.

She had one arm wrapped around the woman’s body, and the other around her neck, cradling it as if it were a small child as she sat on the floor, curled into the corner. Almost her entire face was covered in blood as she continued to suck at the dead woman’s neck. Her fingers were curled into the woman’s body.
“Fucking Christ. Maria…” M sighed again and put a hand over his mouth as he crossed the other over his chest.
Alexis looked up at the two men and smiled with her fangs bared and blood dripping down her face. She began to giggle before she turned back to the dead woman and licked the large wound she had created.
M stepped forward and kneeled in front of Alexis who barely looked at him as she began to tear at the flesh of her kill like it was a chicken wing.
“You’re looking better now.” he commented softly.
Alexis barely listened. Like she gave a fuck.
“Look at me.” his voice held a tone to it that made Alexis look up. “Can you talk?”
Alexis nodded slightly curling her fingers deeper into the woman she just caught.
“What’s your name?” He asked.
Alexis smiled and looked up into his green eyes. “Alexis.” She whispered. Her voice was like an echo, faint and wispy. It sounded hollow.
“Alexis.” He smiled. “Do you feel better now, Alexis?”
She waited and then nodded. “But I want more.”
“We’ll get you more soon. Will you come get clean and dressed?”
Again, she only nodded.
“Good.” the man smiled and his cheeks became dimpled which immediately made Alexis smile in return.
He took her hand and pulled her up, ignoring the dead body that now lie in the corner drained of blood.

“Where are her fucking clothes?” M questioned. His voice sent vibrations through the room and it made Alexis laugh. He ignored it.
“Well…we, with finding Brian, we thought that--” The blonde woman shrank as the man howled at her again.
“YOU DISOBEYED ME! I gave you an order, a simple order and you blew it off! She has nothing to wear because you didn’t obey me! Get the fuck out and find some. She’ll be perfected in 3 nights, and when she rises, she can’t just stay naked!”
Alexis ran around to everyone. There were 3 other girls. There was the blonde one from when she was on fire, and the two others she didn’t know. One had long dark brown hair that was stick straight and hung down her back. She looked almost normal except she was pale as the moon with large dark eyes that seemed sad. She was wearing a blue dress and black heels with straps across them. There was another woman cowering beneath the big man, she had bright red hair. It was obnoxiously bright and almost hurt to look at. She was mumbling about being sorry. Not that Alexis cared. She saw one man, he was short, almost too short with a thin kind of build. His eyes looked sad too. Then Zacky. He sat awkwardly at M’s side, covering his mouth and watching intensely. The next one was incredibly tall with black, almost shoulder length hair with a kind of fringe and choppy layers. She came up to him and examined him and he looked back down at her and immediately burst into laughter.
“Holy fuckin’ shit! You look just as bad as the night we found you.” He stopped and smiled then shook her head full of wild hair before she pulled back. Alexis was beginning to form more recognizable thoughts and they weren’t very coherent anyways. It was mostly confusion. And fear.
“Isabel.” M asked softly. “Would you please help her get clean so she can go to ground?”
The woman in the blue dress nodded and smiled. “Of course.”
He nodded. “Thank you.”
Isabel, the woman in the blue dress with the sad eyes smiled as she approached, trying to be as non threatening as possible. The unperfected were volatile and extremely dangerous. Any sign of a threat and they’d destroy the problem.
Alexis allowed her to be led out of the room and smiled back, happy that the woman seemed nice at least. She stole one last glimpse of everyone in the room. The two other ladies were still groveling, and the guys were standing quietly. Who were they, anyways and why did they have strange names? Now was not time for questions. Alexis could barely speak English as it was.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one is kind of a shortie but I wanted the chapter to end here so that I could lead into the next.