Confined

Chapter 5

" Well obviously. You can start by extracting the mulciber while I start labeling the paper, " I told him in an annoyed tone. I began writing the titles on the paper, leaving room to place the parts there for when Mr. Magson came to check.

" Whats that part again? " Ethan asked, looking down at the colorful inside parts of the doll. A loud sigh escaped my mouth as I pushed the paper aside and looked at him incredulously. I considered using my mulciber to roast him like a piece of chicken.

This is not happening to me right now.

" Wait! I remember, the fire thing right? " he asked, gazing down at his open text book. I nodded sarcastically and finished labeling the paper before taking over the extractions. " Told you I suck at science, " he laughed, pulling a small red arrow looking shape from the doll's arm and wrist.

" This isn't funny. I'm barely passing this class and we only have a two weeks before the final and I need to be ready. I can't fail this class! " I explained, taking the gelum out of the doll's throat. The gelum allowed a Praecantatio to control water, like the mulciber allowed us to control fire.

" Its just one class, you will live, " he shrugged it off.

" Not likely, " I muttered.

How could he be so cool with failing a class? I never understood people who did't care because I cared too much. This was my only problem class and the least he could do is help out and be a bit supportive. I'm hating this.

" So, whats it like being goth? " he asked like it was so simple.

" I'm not goth, " I told him with a raised eyebrow.

" Are you sure about that? " He chuckled, looking down at the table as he did.

" I think if I were goth I would know about it. " The annoyance this boy was causing was overwhelming.

" Really? Well I don't see anyone else in this classroom wearing dark colors with dyed back hair and dark eyeliner, " he pointed out.

" My hair is not dyed, " I said when I had no defense for his other accusations. It's true, no one else was wearing dark colors or dark eyeliner. The fashion for everyone else was bright pastel colors and colorful eyeliner that matched their eye color. No black.

" Really, now? " Sarcasm rang in his voice.

" Can we just finish this? The sooner we get this done the sooner I can leave. " I felt defeated. No one had called me out on being a goth. There was a time when I wasn't the only person in the whole Quarter that wore black, but that was when I had a boyfriend and a best friend.

" What, you don't like me?" He looked at me with puppy dog eyes and a pouting mouth. I tried not to stare at his eyes. I had never seen such brown eyes. His eyes had depth, something that seemed to be lacking in the Third Quarter. They had a design I also had never come across. His eyes seemed to be carved into almost, I could see ridges and shapes in his eyes. The further from his pupil you got, the darker brown they got. His eyes played tricks with my mind, making me see pictures and things I could never imagine.

" No, I don't, " I answered, quickly pulling my mind away from him and tearing my eyes from his.

" Well that's too bad, and here I thought I had a chance. " His voice sounded almost hurt, but I could easily recognize the sarcasm in it. I shook my head and continued to pull parts out of the doll.

" You cant tell me you don't find me attractive, " he elbowed me lightly.

" Of course I don't, why would anyone think your attractive with an annoying and cocky personality? " I lied.

" Ouch, you really know how to boast a guy's self esteem, honey, " he told me, holding his hand over his heart as if I stabbed him, something I was considering.

" Don't call me that, " I ordered.

" What if I call you baby then? Although that one is a bit more intimate, I wouldn't mind. " His brown eye winked at me.

" Can you please close your mouth for like... ever?"

" Only if your mouth closes it for me, sweetheart. " His eyes sparkled with amusement. He knew he was getting on my last nerve and continued to press on. Did he live to annoy others, or just me?

I forced myself to ignore him and continued to do the assignment. Although his light arm brushing and poking was more than enough to send me over the edge, I sort of enjoyed the friction that came with his touch. When I finally finished extracting the parts I corrected the placement on the paper and raised my hand. Mr. Magson checked off that we finished and did it correctly, leaving us a few minutes before the bell rang.

I started packing up my notebook and pencil in my messenger bag, awaiting the bell to release me from Ethan Stark and his attempts to kill me slowly with his mouth. When the bell did go off, though, Ethan's hand caught my arm.

" I need someone to show me around, " he smirked, half of his mouth curling up at one side.

" Go find a map, Stark. " I called him by his last name as I pulled my arm from his grasp.

" She likes me, " I heard him mutter, a smile evident in his voice.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kinda sorta short.
Oh Ethan :P
I'm trying not to swoon just writing this chapter xD
Ughhh I cant wait to actually finish this so you guys can love it as much as I do!