Status: .writing as we go.

Stakes and Stones May Break My Bones

but words will never hurt me.

    I stepped out of the car, my clad feet making clicks when they hit the cemented sidewalk. The feel of it, I was used to, but the place, I wasn't.          
    This was Mystic Falls. The last time I had been here was, to the day, a hundred years ago. 
    A hundred years ago, I was turned into a vampire, only at the age of 16, still a child. Now I'm 116 years old, still a child by perspective view, but a wise, old woman.
   My story is a layered one, with many encounters, and years of struggle, but through all of my life , there has been one person who stuck with me through thick and thin. She was my rock and my bungee cord. She probably kept me in line more than we let on. And she was standing right beside me.
   "Ready to kick some ass?" Jezabell asked me, as we pushed the doors to The Mystic Grill open. 
   I looked at her with a mischievous smile, and she took my hand, leading me to the bar. Halfway there, we both stopped cold. 
   "Damon." I whispered. 

1912

    "Oh, Miss Forbes." He smirked at my horrible dancing, for I kept on stepping on his toes. 
    As we stepped forward again, I stepped on him again. He chuckled lightly at me. 
   "How do you know I'm not doing it on purpose, Mr. Salvatore?" I smile. 
   He is silent for a second, as if contemplating his next move, when suddenly, he dips me low. My long, blonde hair scraping the ground. 
   "Because, Miss Forbes, you'd know better." He said, his face centimeters from mine. 
   I looked into his eyes, the most beautiful shade of blue I'd ever seen. I could see him slowly leaning towards me, our lips almost touching when someone cleared their throat above us. 
   Damon and I's heads snapped up. I could feel my face heating up, as my eyes landed on Stefan. 
   "Sorry to interrupt but I just wanted to let you two know class is over." 
   I looked over at Damon, whom was shooting daggers at him. 
   " Thanks, brother." Damon said through clenched teeth. 
   "No problem." Stefan said, almost skipping his way out the door. 
  Everyone had left already, so it was only Damon and I left. 
  I looked over at him, he was still glaring at Stefan's disappearing figure. I gently turned his face towards me. As soon as he saw me, his expression softened. 
  I brushed his dark curls away from his eyes, "You and your brothers feud really needs to end. Family aren't supposed to hate each other." 
  He looked at me like he always did when the topic of his brother came up, like I had no clue as to what I was talking about. 
  "Sutton.."He said, trying to get out of my lecture. 
   "No, Damon. It bothers me. You know how I was after Henry died. I don't want to see you lose your brother, too. Family's love each other." 
  "Who needs family when I have you?" He said, wrapping his arms around my waist, pressing me against him. "I love you more than I've ever loved him."
  I smiled at him as he pressed his lips against mine.  
  That boy always knew how to sweet talk me.


  Jezabell looked at me, seeing what I was gonna do. She expected me to go straight to him, teach him a little lesson. Which is exactly what I was gonna do.
  "Go find Stefan." I told her, if I was going to do this, I was going to do it alone. 
  She nodded, and turned around, making her way to the door. As soon as she stepped out, I walked up to the empty seat next to him. 
  "This seat taken?" I asked, in the sweetest voice I could manage. 
  "No." He said, not even glancing back at me. 
  "Bloody Mary please." I told the bartender. Then I turned to Damon, "What's your damage?" I asked, pointing to all of the empty shots.
  He kept his head down, "The usual. Rugged bad boy falls for sweet girl, usually ends in drowning his sorrows in alcohol."
  The bartender returned with my drink, and I quickly add a few drops of blood from the metal flask I carry around.
  Damon's head snaps up at the smell and I smile at him, taking a long drink. "I think I've heard this one before." I said. 
  " Sutton?" He says, his face contorting into confusion. 
  My smile grows wider and I bring my face to his, "The one and only." I whisper. 

"Sutton! Sutton! Wait up!" Jezabell calls after me. 
   "Yes?" I say, stopping. 
   "You heard about the Salvatore's coming to town, right?" She asks, with a knowing grin. 
  "The Salvatore brothers?" 
  She nods, "This could be just what we needed." 
  I smile.  "Where are they?" 
  "Where else?" She answered. 
  "Go get our stuff, you know the plan." I say, dropping my book bag under a bush. 
  I run over to the shed near the blacksmith. "Henry!"
  He popped his head out, "Yes, sister?" 
  I smiled sweetly at him, "I need a ride." 
  He sighed, "Where to this time?" 
  "The Salvatore boarding house ." 
  He paused for a second, before opening the door to the shed completely, uncovering a horse drawn wagon. 
  I smile giddily, "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" 
 "Anything for my Sutton." He says when I hug him. 
 Henry was my older brother by 4 years. We got along amazingly and I could count on him for anything. Particularly when Jezabell and I needed rides somewhere. 
  "Hey Sugar." I say, petting the horses mane before I climb in. 
  Two years ago, Jez and I snuck into a Founders council meeting, curious as to what all of our parents discussed in there. That's when we found out about vampires. 
  Ever since then, Jez and I have wanted on the council. We told them but they all agree that we are too young. But 5 months ago, Jez and I found something that was about to change that. 
  We pulled up to the Salvatore's house and I proceeded to get out, telling Henry to leave Sugar here and take Dancer back to town. 
  He didn't question me, he knew what we were doing. 
  I saw an X marked on a tree and I knew Jez was already here, in the house. 
 I walked up to the door, knocking loudly. In mere seconds the door was opened. 
 "Damon Salvatore?" I ask, a smile gracing my lips. 
 "The one and only."


  He sat there, stunned. 
  "Did you miss me?" I whispered, still next to his ear. 
  He pulled me away from him, downed another shot, and then opened his mouth, "Long time, no see." 
  "Fortunately for you." I say, still sweet as ever. 
  "Why's that?" He asks, smirking at me, like I couldn't phase him of I tried. 
  "Ah, Mr. Salvatore, don't you know better than to underestimate me?" I ask, shaking my finger at him. I reach over, taking one of his shots, downing in a second flat. 
  I bring his head closer to mine, once more, kissing him quickly before pulling back. 
 " Watch yourself, Damon." I say before I get up, fleeing the bar.