Status: .writing as we go.

Stakes and Stones May Break My Bones

am i better off dead.

[url=My knees started to shake ever so gently as I stepped into the cafe I knew Stephan would be at. He loved coffee and it was a calm place. Something we shared in common, we prefered quiet places. My mind started to trail about things from the past. My anger blocked off the memories and as I walked I took comfort in the sound of my heels click on the tile.

I saw Stephan talking with a blonde haired ditz. He obviously didn't want to speak to her but since he was always so polite he didn't ignore her. He could never ignore me and even though i was a tough chick I always turned to rubber when he spoke to me, and thats what attracked us.

I was 17 when I met Stephan Salvatore, exactly 100 years ago. I remember it like it was yesturday.

I sat at a small table in the park sketching whatever came to mind. I saw Stephan talking with a few people and our eyes kept meeting, causing my pale face to turn scarlet. I looked down at my sketch book and a few minutes later someone cleared their throat. I looked up and jumped when i realized who had made the attempt to come and speak with me.

"Hello. I am Stephan Salvatore." He bowed at the waist and smiled at me.

"Jezabell Gilbert at your service." A smirk played its way on my lips.

"Do you mind?" He inclined to the seat next to mine.

"It's not taken so go right ahead." I shut my sketch book when i saw his eys advert to it.

"So Mr.Salvatore what made you come over and say hello?" I moved the stray curl away from my eye and met his hazel eyes.

"Well i couldn't pass on meeting someone so esquisit as you." he smiled and i bushed.


I ordered a vailla chia tea before i walked up to the stage and told the band,with a slight push with my wonderful mind, to start playing a certain song. I sat on the chair an grabbed the mike.

No, I can't take one more step towards you
'Cause all that's waiting is regret
Don't you know I'm not your ghost anymore
You lost the love I loved the most
I learned to live, half alive
And now you want me one more time
Who do you think you are?
Runnin' 'round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
And tearing love apart
You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
So don't come back for me
Who do you think you are?
I hear you're asking all around
If I am anywhere to be found
But I have grown too strong
To ever fall back in your arms
I've learned to live, half alive
And now you want me one more time
It took so long just to feel alright
Remember how to put back the light in my eyes
I wish I had missed the first time that we kissed
'Cause you broke all your promises
And now you're back
You don't get to get me back
Who do you think you are?
Runnin' 'round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
And tearing love apart
You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
Don't come back for me
Don't come back at all
Who do you think you are?
Runnin' 'round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
And tearing love apart
You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
Don't come back for me
Don't come back at all
Who do you think you are?
Who do you think you are?
Who do you think you are?

My voice flowed through the cafe like liquid gold. Everyones eyes were on me encluding Stephans. Shock was the only emotion I saw on his face.When the song was finished the crowd roared and I bowed. I grabbed my tea and walked out but not before I looked at Stephan and winked.

"You should have seen his face!" I laughed and unpacked a few things into the dresser in our new appartment, more of my wonderful mind bending used to get this place.

"You should have sng somthing more...rockish." Sutton smiled and put a few things on my bed that must have been mixed nto her stuff.

"I think it worked just fine." I smiled back and finished unpacking. I grabbed the vial from around my neck and placed it on the dresser. I sat on my window seat and watched the outside world. From where our appartment was we could see all of Mystic Falls. The only part that wasn't visable was the Salvatore house.

"Hello Ms.Gilbert." I jumped when Stepan Salvtore appeard behind me.

"Oh hello Mr.Salvatore." I curtsied and we both lauged. We walked down the main street in the market and talked as I payed for the things I needed at each booth. I stopped a the jewlery booth and sighed soft enough that I was sure nobody could hear.

"What is it?" Stephan asked.

"That necklace. My sister had the same one before she...."I trailed off and walked away.

"Jezabell are you-"

"I'm sorry Stephan. But if you will excuse me." I hurried away from him and any other person around. I turned into the shed near the blacksmith. Sutton was eating lunch with Henry just like every day. Sutton saw tears in my eyes and she instantly stood.

"Whats wrong?"

"I'm alright. It's nothing. Here's your things. I will talk to you both later." I turned and left. I made my way down the road and towards the river, across the bridge and to my family's big estate. I refused to take the carriage most days and today was one of the days I wished I did take it.

I heard a crack in the woods and i looked over to see Stephan walking towards me.

"Mr.Salvtore." I greeted him with sheer suprise.

"Miss Gilbert do i need permission t kiss you?" He asked with a small smile place on his lips.

I took a deep breath and shook my head. His lips on mine was the best feeling I have ever had. The first time i have ever been kissed in this life. His had was placed softly on my cheek and the other on my back. I smiled and giggled when he pulled away.

"You will never need permission to kiss me Mr.Salvatore."

"I'll old you to that Miss Gilbert."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its short.I just started school so im a busy bee!:) but hoped you liked it.:))

<3 Meg