Just One Kiss

Chapter 1

“What’s up?” Stacy asked her brother as she passed him in the hallway.

“Nothing, waiting on you actually.” John replied, pushing himself off the wall as she kept walking.

“I have a match Johnny,” Stacy reminded him as she stopped outside the curtain. “If Nikki will show up on time.”

“Sorry, I’m here,” Nikki rushed out, adjusting her wrist bands and running a hand through her blonde hair.

“It’s fine it’s just…” Gorgeous Nightmare by Escape the Fate started blaring through the arena, “time for us to go out.” Nikki nodded and with one last adjustment, ran out from behind the curtain, smiling and waving at the crowd as she ran down the ramp.

“Charlee…Steel!” Lilian Garcia announced her as.

Backstage, John had left Stacy at the front entrance so she could prepare herself for her own entrance. She was stretching out her legs when someone accidentally bumped into her.

“Oh, sorry,” the guy said quickly. “I wasn’t watching where I was going.”

“It’s fine.” Stacy replied, looking up at the man. Her eyes widened when she realized who was standing in front of her.

“Nick Carter,” He introduced himself.

“Stacy, Cena,” Stacy replied back.

“Hey, I’m looking for my brother and/or Mike Mizanin’s dressing room.” Nick said. “Can you point me in the right direction?” Music filled the arena again, and this time Nick recognized it as his own song, Forever Rebel.

“Uhm, wait here for a few minutes. If you’re still there when I get back, I’ll show you to his room myself.” Stacy replied. Nick watched as she ran through the curtain, amusement in his eyes when the music cut out. Spotting a television with the match on it, he stood in front of it to watch it.

“Hey bro, there you are.” Aaron, Nick’s little brother, said as he walked up behind him. “Find the room yet?”

“No, but this diva said she’d help out once she gets done with her match.” Nick replied, watching as the blonde on Stacy’s team delivered a clothesline from hell. She then climbed to the top rope, gave a signal, and flipped through the air, crashing on the diva on the matt. After going for the pin, the other diva that Nick recognized as Michelle McCool jumped into the ring to break it up, but Stacy was already on top of it by running and slamming her into the ring, rolling the both of them out onto the floor.

“Damn,” Aaron muttered, watching as well. The bell rang, signaling the end of the match. Michelle and her partner stumbled up the ramp, holding their heads and glaring at Stacy and Nikki who was standing in the ring with smiles on their faces.

Making their way back to the curtain, Stacy noticed Nick was still standing there, but a younger man was standing with him.

“This is my brother Aaron,” Nick introduced the new man.

“This is Nikki Lockbourne, better known as Charlee Steel.” Stacy introduced not only her tag partner, but a good friend of hers from back in their Indy wrestling days.

“Nice to meet you,” Aaron said.

“Likewise,” Nikki nodded. “Oh, I just remembered, I have that thing to do.”

“What thing?” Stacy asked, looking confused.

“Y’know, that thing, I just, I gotta run.” Nikki smiled politely toward Nick and Aaron before heading down the hallway.

“She doesn’t exactly get along well with a lot of people,” Stacy explained with a humorless laugh. “I’ve been trying to break her out of it for years, but nothing I’m doing seems to be working.”

“Maybe I should take over for a while.”

“Aaron, you’re not hooking up with her.”

“Who said anything about hooking up?” Aaron asked innocently. Nick saw right past the innocent look, however, and shook his head.

“So, you need The Miz’s dressing room?” Stacy asked Nick. He nodded, so Stacy started walking in the opposite direction than Nikki had. “Right this way.”

“So, Cena right? Like John Cena?” Nick asked.

“Yep, just like John.”

“What are you like related or something?” Aaron asked, watching as Jillian Hall passed by them. Nick grabbed Aaron’s arm to bring his head back down to earth as Stacy smiled.

“Or something.” she replied with a shrug as she walked up to a door that read “The Miz” on it. “Here you are.”

“Hey, maybe we can, I don’t know, meet up again sometime,” Nick said as Stacy started walking away.

“You’re not scared I’m some creepy stalker fan?”
“Why would you…”

“I know you recognized my theme song. Yes, I’m a fan of yours, both of you actually. There’s more than just the fact that I like the song as the reason why I chose it though. It’s because it fits who I am.”

“Well, okay, but that doesn’t answer my question. Would you like to meet up again?”

“Sis!” John’s voice called from down the hallway. Stacy turned around and rolled her eyes.

“Sis? You’re John Cena’s sister.” Aaron laughed.

“Long story,” Stacy replied, but you know what, sure we can hang out again.” Nick pulled out his cell phone, added her name as a contact, and took down her phone number.

“Send me a text or whatever so I can get yours.” Stacy said as John called for her again. “I’m coming,” She called back. She saw John smirk and shook her head. “Get your head out of the gutter Johnathan.”

“If my head wasn’t in the gutter it would be homeless sis, you know that!” John called back. Stacy laughed as she looked back to Nick and Aaron.

“See you around,” she said before walked back toward her brother. “You’re so immature,” she grumbled.

“Yeah right, all I did was pull you away from your singing Idol.” John replied, wrapping his arm around his sister’s shoulders.

“Don’t you have a thing to do right now?”

“Damn it I do,” John replied suddenly. “Have fun sis.” He kissed her head before taking off down the hallway, running right smack into his friend Randy.

“You’re late Cena!” Randy shouted after John. John lifted his hand with three fingers up.

“Read between the lines Orton!” He shouted before disappearing around the corner. Randy laughed as Stacy walked up to him.

“Well, where have you been?” Randy asked her as a door behind them opened. Knowing people came and went all the time, they just ignored the crew members.

“Around. I had a match with Nikki and I had to show someone to Miz’s locker room.”

“That’s why you’re still in your ring gear,” Randy pointed out, causing Stacy to look down.

“You’ve seen me in less,” Stacy winked before turning around. She started walking, and sighed when Randy started following her.

“Why does everyone keep bringing that up? Look, I never wanted things to end with us the way they did. It just happened.”

“Randy, just stop,” Stacy said, stopping so she could face him. “I’ve told you I don’t know how many times, I’m over it. I pretty much was when you told me you was leaving me for someone else.”

“Still doesn’t mean I don’t feel like a complete ass for doing that to you though.”

“Our relationship was ending Randy.” Stacy sighed, reaching up and wrapping her arms around his neck. “Besides, we still have our friendship. You have a beautiful wife who is one of my best friends. I’m okay with it, I really am.” Randy smiled and wrapped his arms around Stacy’s waist before breaking the hug at a throat clearing.

“Still trying to convince Mr. Orton here he doesn’t need to feel bad about something that happened a long time ago?” Malia asked, wrapping her arm around Randy’s waist. Stacy noticed his face light up considerably, and laughed to herself.

“Of course,” Stacy replied. “It wasn’t like you two planned on meeting at the charity event. It just happened.”

“You’re too forgiving, I would have been furious if someone took my boyfriend from me.” Lia said.

“I’m not like most people though, you should know that by now. We’ve only known each other a year and a half now.”

“By the way, has your brother and that new cook of his gotten together yet or what?” Randy asked suddenly.

“Like my brother talks to me about his sex life. I don’t even want to know anyway. If he does, great for him.”

“You know you love having a professional cook around.”

“Whatever, I need to go change,” Stacy smiled. She walked away from the couple and, passing a monitor, realized just why the Carter brothers were there. They were judging a diva’s dance off, something everyone knew she would never take part of.
Stacy was passing up the entrance to the ring area when a commotion had her turning around.

“Watch it!” a person shouted as she noticed someone in a runaway caddy. She barely had time to register the arm around her waist before she was pulled back into the chest of someone.

“Stace!” Nikki’s voice shouted. “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine,” Stacy replied, raising a shaky and to run it through her hair. She looked up and into the dark blue eyes of Nick Carter.

“Fancy meeting you here, again,” he said trying to ease the tension he felt in her shoulders.

“We have to stop meeting here,” Stacy replied. She noticed Aaron was looking at Nikki, but the other diva was adverting her eyes from him.

“Thank you.” Stacy finally said to Nick as he helped her straighten up.

“No problem. Hey listen I was just thinking….”

“Stace, we have to get going.” Nikki spoke up.

“Leaving town?” Nick asked, looking slightly deflated.

“Yeah, but it’s because I’m going home for a while.”

“Where do you live?”

“I was in West Newbury Massachusetts, but I just moved to Tampa.”

“Florida? I’m from around there, maybe I’ll see you there then.”

“Maybe,” Stacy smiled. “I do have to go though. Thank you again.”

“Anytime,” Nick shrugged, watching her walk away with her partner from earlier.

“Dude, you like her.” Aaron stated, watching his brother.

“Yeah so, she seems like a cool person.” Nick replied, walking in the opposite direction of Stacy.

“So, ask her out. Offer to show her around Tampa.”

“Yeah right Aaron. A woman like that doesn’t deserve a guy like me.”

“You’re not a bad person Nick.” Aaron tried to reason with him.

“I’m not arguing, let’s go.” Nick sighed, pulling his car keys from his pocket. Aaron looked thoughtful for a moment before admitting defeat and following his brother out of the arena.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, this story isn't exactly new. I got 3 chapters in then mibba crashed and I lost it for a while. But I'll get it back up today, and even post a new chapter to go with it. :) Thank you all for reading, hope you enjoy it.