Just One Kiss

Chapter 12

Stacy followed her family to the garage, which made her heart start to race.

“What did you guys do?” Stacy asked, looking back at her family before feeling someone’s hands over her eyes. She could tell they were John’s so she couldn’t fight him off for anything.

“Step, step,” John said.

“John, this is the house we grew up in, I know where the steps are,” Stacy growled.

“Stop here,” John said after a couple more steps. Stacy stopped and waited for John to tell her to open her eyes. However, after a few minutes, she felt hands grab her own, and opened her eyes, surprised to see Nick standing in front of her.

“What’s going on?” Stacy asked, looking around for her family.

“They went back inside. I asked them to get you out here, so I could give you this in private.” Nick replied, holding up a black velvet case. “Happy birthday.” Stacy opened the case to see a silver heart shaped lock and key pendant with small diamonds detailing the lock.

“It’s beautiful Nick,” Stacy smiled, looking up at him. “Really, you didn’t have to get me anything though. Knowing my brothers, especially John, they probably went above and beyond what they should have.”

“I wanted to,” Nick shrugged, grabbing the case and pulling the necklace out. He gently clasped it behind her neck, and turned her back around with a proud look on his face. “Stunning,” he stated.

“I love it Nicky, thank you,” Stacy said, holding the necklace in her hand for a minute. Nick smiled and grabbed her other hand and led her back to the party. The rest of the time remained uneventful for a Cena get together. Stacy opened more presents from her family, which she was right about John spending way too much on her by giving her a new watch, bracelet, and a camera.

“John, next year, you buy me nothing.” Stacy growled as she piled everything on the table beside her.

“What, I can’t spoil my little sister?” John asked with a smirk.

“I’m 26 John, it’s not spoiling, it’s showing off, or buying me out. Yeah, you’re trying to buy me out. What did you do? Break something while you were at my place last week?”

“You are truly a Cena, your mind automatically goes to a place it shouldn’t,” John laughed. “I just want to show my appreciation for my sister. Is that so bad?”

“I guess not,” Stacy shrugged as Nick looked down at his watch. He sighed as he signaled for Angel and BJ to follow him.

“Leaving so soon?” The elder John asked, standing up as well.

“I have an early flight to Orlando tomorrow. As fun as it was to be on tour with you all, I have to get back to my career.”

“I’ll walk you guys out,” Stacy said, standing up and following the siblings to the front door.

“I’ll call you when I land,” Nick said, pulling out the keys to his rental car.

“Okay, have a safe flight.” Stacy said. She turned to Angel and BJ and smiled at them. “It was really nice to meet the two of you.”

“Same here,” BJ assured her. “The three of us and Leslie should meet up and get to know each other better.”

“Good idea,” Angel said.

“I’ll give you the details when they get them,” Nick rolled his eyes, leaning down to kiss Stacy. She returned it and smiled as they pulled away.

“Be careful,” Stacy whispered.

“Always, same goes to you. Don’t go overboard with your matches.”

“I’ll try,” she smiled as their lips melded together again for one last second. Stacy backed away as Nick slid behind the wheel of the car, and, waving, drove down the road and around the corner.

John walked up beside Stacy as she watched the car leave.

“I’m happy for you sis,” John commented, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. “I really am.”

“Thanks Johnny, but I still don’t want you buying me anything else for my birthday, and after today I’m including Christmas into that.”

“Hey, heck no am I skipping out on Christmas,” John laughed as they walked back into the house.

“Hey Stace, think we can talk later on tonight?” Nikki asked, finally ready to ask Stacy’s opinion on matters.

“Absolutely,” Stacy nodded. “We can talk now too if you want.”

“Later is okay, I just need to ask your advice on something.” Stacy nodded and socialized with more people as the night died down. Soon, it was just the Cena family and Nikki.

“I’m ready for bed,” Stacy yawned suddenly, laying her head back against the couch where she was sitting.

“You can crash here tonight, you and Nikki both.” Carol said to her daughter as she picked up paper plates and plastic cups.

“Thanks Mama,” Stacy said. “Come on Nik, we can go stay in my old room.”

“The room of a teenage Stacy Cena? Can’t wait,” Nikki laughed, following Stacy down a hallway and down a set of basement stairs.

“So, you wanted to talk,” Stacy reminded Nikki after they settled into the room. “What’s up?”

“I-I was wondering, first of all, how much of an age difference is too much in a relationship.”

“Well, if it’s like two decades then I’m not for it. But just a few years, then if it doesn’t bother the people involved, then they should go for it. You’re talking about you and Aaron aren’t you?”

“That obvious?”

“Nichole Lockbourne, I saw it in your eyes the moment you met him.” Stacy sighed.

“I tried to avoid developing feelings, but I couldn’t stop it.”

“Do you like him?” Stacy asked. Nikki nodded, adverting her eyes. “Nikki, do you like him?”

“Yes,” Nikki said, looking up into Stacy’s eyes.

“Nick’s told me flat out that Aaron likes you, so age shouldn’t matter. Besides, it’s only what, a three year difference. That’s nothing compared to what other people are willing to be with.”

“You’re right,” Nikki smiled. “Malia told me the same thing, so did London. You’re my best friend though, I just wanted to hear what you had to say.”

“I like Aaron, and I’m not jut saying that because he’s Nick’s brother. He’s good for you Nikki.”

“I know.” They remained silent for a moment. “I like Nick too,” Nikki stated suddenly. “And not just because our names are so similar. That actually freak me out to be honest. Nick’s good for you though. You’re so much happier than I’ve seen you in a long time.”

“I really like him Nikki,” Stacy admitted. “I actually think it’s becoming more, like…” Stacy’s voice trailed off as she looked at the poster she had on her wall. It was a poster of the Backstreet Boys after their album Black and Blue. She looked at Nick, and even in poster form his eyes made her heart skip a beat.

“I think I’m falling in love with him.”

“I know,” Nikki smiled, grabbing Stacy’s hand. “And you know the way you’re looking at him, that’s the way I see him looking at you. He’s crazy about you.”

“I just hope things don’t take a turn for the worst. I don’t think I’ll be able to handle breaking up with him.” Stacy looked down at her hands folded in her lap, and mumbled out, “It hurt a lot when Randy broke things off with me for Malia.”

“I know it did,“ Nikki sighed. “If it ever happens though, just think, you have one large family behind you to help you through it.” Nikki looked around the room, finding the extensive CD collection sitting on a shelf. “My goodness woman!” Nikki exclaimed. “You really are obsessed with that group!”

“Am not,” Stacy smiled, throwing one of her pillows at the other woman. Nikki caught the pillow and laughed, walking back toward the bed and sitting on it. “So, you really think it’s okay for me to be with Aaron if I want to be?”

“If he wants the same thing, then I say go for it.” Stacy nodded. “Don’t let other people’s opinion stop you from doing what you want. I know, you’re not the go getter I am, but I wasn’t always like that either you know.”

“I know, even though I don’t see how with the brother you have.”

“That’s exactly what it was, my brother.” Stacy admitted. “John knew I wanted to join wrestling, but he knew I wouldn’t make it unless I broke out of myself. I guess it took a special person to get you out of your own shell.”

“I know you were trying to help, and I was trying hard, but, I don’t know it’s just, different, with Aaron.”

“You don’t need to explain, I get it.” Stacy smiled. She looked at the time and realized it was getting late since they had a late morning flight to England. “We better get some sleep.” She sighed, laying back in the bed. Nikki laid down beside her, and without another word, both women fell into a peaceful sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Update! Sorry it took a little again. I'm really not meaning to do that. I just get distracted and I'm back in school now so I have that to worry about.

Anywho, Nikki confesses feelings, Nick goes back to work, and Stacy is a year older. http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=58503041 here is a visual of the necklace Nick gave her.

Thank you all for reading. Hope you enjoyed it. I'll update again as soon as I can. :)