Status: slowly progressing

Be Like You

Forever Young

“Hey Lizzie, me and the lads are ready to leave. Share a limo?” Nial asked as I ran into him in the elevator.

“Why not?” I shrugged my shoulders; Meagan was already waiting for me in the lobby. My hair had ended up taking a bit longer than we thought and she left early to get everything set up.

“Meagan we’re sharing a limo with the boys” I grinned as she walked towards me.

“Now or never” she sighed shaking her head, “Where are the rest of them?” she turned to Nial.

“There” he pointed towards the opening elevator doors.

Turning around I smiled seeing Harry already making his way towards me, with a grin he pecked my lips before wrapping his arm around my waist. The rest of the boys just stared at us, their mouths hanging open.

“Lads, meet my girlfriend.” He introduced us before pulling me with him towards the limo waiting for us.

“You could have waited until after the show” I giggled taking his hand in mine as we got into the limo followed by the boys and Meagan.

“I want the world to know you’re mine. No one else’s” he murmured into my ear, sending chills down my back. He smirked knowing his effect on me.

“You’ll regret that tonight you cheeky boy” I muttered so that he’d be the only one to hear me.

Kissing my cheek he grinned, “I’ll be looking forward to it”.

“Stop the PDA” Meagan groaned, “Please tell me I won’t have to deal with this when we go back to the States” she begged.

“What happened to our Harry? First we just find out he’s dating a superstar and now he’s going to the States?” Louis asked worried feeling Harry’s face.

“I’ll explain it later boys, I promise. Let’s just get through tonight” Harry promised, attempting to assure his best friends. At times I wondered why he never mentioned me but everyone has a right to their privacy.

I looked over at Meagan who was just smiling at me; she wouldn’t have to worry about me anymore being depressed. Even if Harry and I had fixed our relationship just today I wasn’t sad anymore, I never thought someone could change the way I felt so easily. But Harry didn’t even try.

The limo stopped moving, I forgot how short of a ride it was form the hotel to the studio. The boys got out first, and the fans welcomed them loudly.

Meagan and I weren’t expecting the same reaction when we exited the limo, smiling I waved to my fans before making my way down the carpet, Meagan pointing out which reporters we had enough time for and when I would be able to meet my fans.

I was halfway done with one of my scheduled interviews when I realized the fans were getting louder, looking to the side I noticed the boys walking to my spot.

The interviewer acknowledged the boys before she turned back to me, “Now Lizzie, important question you’ve got the media buzzing with. Are you seeing anyone?” she laughed.

I nodded for a minute, “I am actually. He’s a sweetheart” I gushed with a grin.

“How does he feel about you being across the ocean, surrounded by millions of boys with an accent?”

I shrugged my shoulders, moving my hair to the side, “I don’t think he has a problem, they only have an accent to him not to me” I hinted.

“So he’s not American? Let me guess, French?” she laughed.

Shaking my head I decided to put her out of her misery, “I wish, I mean he knows some french but he’s British” I admitted.

“You’re killing me here Lizzie, can we at least now how he’s handling your new found stardom?” she pushed.

Meagan signaled me it was time for the next interviewer, and my reporter knew it; staring me down for an answer before her time ran out, “I’ll give you a hint, but promise to keep it on the down low?” I asked knowing the second I told her it would be everywhere, “He’s on the carpet too”.

Meagan looked at me disapprovingly with a laugh as we continued down the carpet, I didn’t know if Harry would say anything but I didn’t mind. Whatever happened happened; I was blissfully happy.

I got backstage soon enough to get into wardrobe and makeup; I was just changing into a different outfit for the opening performance and to get my make up retouched. I had changed the song last minute and was doing one of my hit singles.

I had been looking down at my twitter through my phone when someone covered my eyes with their hands, pressing their lips against my neck, “Good luck love” Harry murmured, earning a giggle from me.

“Are you going to be watching?” I asked him.

“The beginning, Matt’s performing after you then us followed by Rebecca; we have to practice one last round” he noted.

Nodding I threw my arms around his neck, hugging him tightly; “If I don’t see you before you guys take the stage I want you to know that you guys have talent. You’re bound to make it, and I have faith in you” pressing my lips against his cheek I used my thumb to rub off the lipstick; “Good luck, even though I know you won’t need it” I assured him before one of the stage helps let me know I was needed on stage in two minutes.

Hugging Harry one more time I grabbed the microphone I always used, the very same one Harry had given me as a present before heading towards the stage with Meagan following me while fixing the back of my dress and pieces of hair that had gone out of place.

“You’ll do great!” she rooted for me as the lights deemed so I could make my way to the middle of the stage.

It happened every time, when I would take a stage. Everything would go by as quickly as I performed; the dancing the singing. Just getting to perform could have me completely forget everything so quickly.

I knew the performance was over once the music stopped and the audience cheered, making anyone go deaf.

Meagan hugged me, doing our ritual that we did after every performance before handing me water and making my way toward Rebecca who was nervous.

We waited patiently for Matt to finish and watched him perform on the television before the boys took the stage, I turned to Rebecca who was just breathing in and out, “You’ll do fine; you have talent and that’s all you’ve got to remember.”

The rest of the night was unforgettable, the tension, the suspension, the tears and the goodbye hugs. Harry was quiet the whole night, the fact that they had made it this far was all that mattered and I reminded him every chance I could; that without this we would have never
gotten the chance to be together again.

Making it back to my hotel room Harry just took off his shoes and went straight to my bed not
saying a word, I got changed into a pair of sweat pants and a crop top before going to the other side of the bed and watching him.

Moving his curls around I kissed his forehead, “I know it’s a tough thing, making it this far and then having it taken from you; but it only gets better” I murmured.

He looked me in the eyes for a few minutes before opening his arms out so that I could get in them, after he wrapped them tightly around me he just pressed his face into the crook of my neck and breathing in; “I just don’t know where I’m going to go after this. We had it planned out what we would do if we won” he sounded so lost and hopeless.

“Look at me, you five have talent. I’m sure you’ll get signed with someone; and I can always pull some strings if you want” I offered softly.

With a shake of his head he refused my offer, “Thank you, but we want to do this ourselves; I guess I’ll just be go back to Holmes Chapel, finish school and head off to Uni” he muttered.

“Not before the X-factor tour and going to L.A. with me mister” I warned him chuckling as I pressed a finger to his cheek, “Mentioning L.A; you’re mom is okay with it?”

He chuckled nervously, “About that; she’s not the happiest about it but I promised her we would come home for New Year’s”

“Harry, I have work” I groaned, “I wouldn’t mind coming but I’m swamped with work. My album is released the first week of January and from there I have promotion and tour”.

“One week won’t kill you, and I already cleared it with Meagan; she said it was fine” he insisted.

“Back to being cheeky?” I assumed as his hand trailed down from my shoulder.

“I thought I got in trouble earlier for that?” he asked smirking.

Looking at him I shook my head, “Is sex really the only thing that will make you feel better?”
“If I say yes, will you make me feel better?” his breath hit my face, making me realize how close he had his face to mine.

“Shouldn’t you be all gloomy and depressed?” I muttered as he pressed his lips against the crook of my neck where he had been resting his head.

“You promised me earlier” he whined playfully flipping over so he was on top of me, his weight supported by his arms on both sides of me.

“I didn’t realize I was talking to a five year old with curly hair” I retorted playing with the curls on the back of his neck.

Before I knew it he placed his lips on mine, hungrily attempting to find dominance over the both of us.