Status: slowly progressing

Be Like You

Opening Act

“Please” Paul begged as Harry and I played peek-a-boo with James.

“What would I even perform? I haven’t performed in months” I reminded him, looking up from James which earned crying.

“Anything” Paul insisted, “You can perform any songs you want. But we need an opening act for the concert tonight.”

I shook my head, “And who will watch James while I’m on stage?”

“I will” Harry murmured getting my attention, “I know how much you love performing, the thrill and adrenaline.”

“Alright” I gave in to Paul’s pleads, “I’ll be the opening act until you get a new replacement.”

He grinned getting on his phone right away to get everything settled, leaving Harry and I alone again with James who was happy to get my attention back.

I kissed James’s forehead, handing him over to Harry who was eagerly waiting, “I might as well go get warmed up. I’m a bit rusty on this.”

“You’ll do fine love, you’re amazing at this” Harry chuckled, pecking my lips and then James’s cheeks.

“Have I told you how great you are?” I asked him softly, “You’re the best dad he could ever ask for.”

He shook his head, “You’re the amazing parent here. You were willing to give everything up for him. Your career, your life, everything, and at eighteen? Lizzie, not many people would do that, you’re the great mother here.”

I looked at him, there wasn’t a hint on his face letting me know if he was lying; and that only meant he was telling the truth. And part of me believed me, but part of me still thought I would mess up and lose everything.

“I love you” Harry reminded me with a kiss.

“I love you too” I grinned.

“Since we’re on the topic of being parents, my mom called. And she’s being very insistent on another grandchild” he smirked.

“No. No. No. No.” I repeated, “She can pester Gemma about this now. She got one from us,
no more a long time.”

“You’d have fun making those grandchildren” he teased.

Sighing I sent him a look for him to stop talking, “We’ll talk about it, when it becomes necessary.”

“I don’t get a say in us having another baby?” Harry pouted, “I want more than one kid with
you, and I’d hate it if they had large age gaps.”

“Alright,” I nodded, “I agree with you with the age gap, but James is barely seven months old
right now and we’re still learning about how to raise James. Let’s slow down a little.”

“Promise me” he chuckled, “We’ll have ten more kids.”

I looked at him seriously before grinning, “Ten kids? Better start working mister. College tuition isn’t getting cheaper and I’ll be damned if they don’t go to college.”

“I didn’t go to college” he reminded me, “Look how I turned out.”

My glare got him to stop talking nervously, “They’re going to college. If it’s the last thing I do, I’ll see them graduate.”

“I love you” Harry grinned, taking James with him.

Leaving me alone in the hotel room, tonight was the first performance in the states for this part of the tour which mean we weren’t on a tour bus for another few days much to my
pleasure.

I racked my head for songs that I could perform tonight, as the opening act I only needed four to five songs to get the crowd pumped for the boys.

I eagerly took the ear piece, placing it in my ears while the stage help got me set up quickly. I was due on stage any minute.

“Are you going to watch mummy perform?” I asked James who was being held by Harry.
Harry chuckled, “I’m excited to watch you. James is too.”

Breathing in, and breathing out I tried keeping my nerves in control. I didn’t even have any choreography set for this. We didn’t have time, Paul had only begged me just a few hours before the concert; I didn’t even know what the plans for lighting were.

But once I got on stage, and the fans started screaming to the point where even with ear pieces in I could hear them; that’s when my anxiety left.

Thrown out the window, all worries gone I waved at the crowd and grabbed the microphone grinning, “How are you guys? I know you guys were expecting a different artist tonight, but a few things came up and I’m filling in for them. Here’s a treat, you all know my song.”

The chords to one of my hit singles, ‘Work it’ and you could instantly hear the crowd get louder as they realized what song I was singing.

Not having any choreography set, I started jumping up and down as the light show started.

Once I got off stage, I walked past everyone congratulating me and rushed towards the chilled water waiting for me. One of the reasons I never had to work out during tour, was due to performing every night.

“You did great love.” Harry grinned kissing me forcefully, which wasn’t easy when he was carrying James, “He loved seeing you perform.”

“It wasn’t too loud?” I asked him softly, running my hand through James’s short curls.

“We watched from the television in the changing room. I didn’t want him out here with all the stage crew running around” he murmured, resisting my attempts to pull James from his grip.

“let me see him” I pouted, “I missed him.”

Harry frowned, slowly handing me my baby boy that was eagerly reaching out for me, “Take him to watch me perform?”

I nodded with a smile, “I’ll have him watch you for a few of the songs. I want to get him in bed earlier than yesterday.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So so sorry it's taken a while.