Status: slowly progressing

Be Like You

Cabo

“Meagan!” I shrieked, dropping my luggage in the middle of the resort lobby, running towards her as I started crying when I hugged her tightly, “We’re never staying this long apart.” 

Meagan started crying once she noticed my tears, hugging me back even tighter as we sobbed on each other about the distance.

“I’ll leave you two ladies alone then” Harry noted not wanting to break up the love fest which was earning dirty glares from the older guests, “I’ll start making our way to our suite, James looks exhausted.”

“Oh no you don’t Styles” Meagan warned him quickly pulling away from my grasp much to my protests, “I haven’t seen my godson in months, hand him over. He’s mine now.”

Harry looked frightened as he slowly handed James over to Meagan’s eager arms, watching carefully until I got his attention, “My mum said they would be arriving in a few hours. Do you want to get settled?”

Nodding I picked up my suitcase which Harry had been nice enough to bring with him after I basically threw it at him when I saw Meagan, “My dad said he arrived this morning, so we can get settled and stop by his suite with James.”

“Meagan, can I uh get my son back now?” Harry asked almost scared to see Meagan’s reaction.

“he’s all mine now” she smirked bouncing James who just wanted to get on the floor and try his attempt at walking.

“We’re going to put him down for his nap so he’ll behave during dinner in a few hours. Do you want to come with us to our room?” I asked her hoping she would join. Not seeing her for such a long time and finally being reunited with her made me wish she would go on tour with the boys.

“I’m going to put my luggage in my room, but I’ll meet up with you guys after” Meagan pointed at her luggage waiting, “But it won’t take me long.”

“I can’t believe you rented out an entire floor” I muttered incredulously, getting to our room had been easy, I hadn’t realized that he had rented all five superior suites.

“Well I wanted to, and it means more privacy” he grinned placing James down in the crib already waiting for us next to our king bed.

The knocking at the door interrupted our unpacking, leaving Harry to finish I went towards the door, getting hugged immediately after I opened it. The grin never leaving as I hugged my dad back, we talked on a daily basis to make up for never getting to see each other.

“You’ll be nice to Harry right?” I asked hopeful as we made our way to the entrance of my suite.
“I’ll try” he nodded, “As long as I see he’s treating you and James well.”

Groaning I shook my head leaving him on the couch so I could drag Harry out of the bedroom, he had an irrational fear of my father, “My mum just called, they finished checking in and in their room. I was thinking I would go get them, and we could all go out to dinner?”

“Pussy” I pointed out, “You have to at least have a small conversation with my dad.”

Harry pouted, begging me not to make him, “Lizzie he doesn’t even like me.”

Scoffing I looked at him, “He likes you enough to come on this sudden vacation.”

Sucking it up, he walked into the living room with a smile, “Scott, how are you?”

My dad stood up, taking his hand and no doubt squeezing it as he shook it, “Good, good. I’m guessing you’ve been treating Lizzie and James right. She hasn’t complained about anything.”

Harry chuckled nervously, “I’m spoiling them rotten.”

Scowling my dad rolled his eyes, “You can’t spoil a learning child, they need to learn boundaries. Hasn’t Lizzie told you anything about that? But I suppose that will do.”

“You should go get your parents and Gemma from their room, dad and I will get Meagan and we’ll meet you at the restaurant in the lobby” My dad had a thing against Harry, claiming he wasn’t any good for me and always brought me problems.

“Dad” I whined, “You need to stop being so hard on him, he’s really trying.”

“When I see progress, then I’ll stop. I still don’t see a ring on your finger. For god sakes Lizzie, you two have a song together. The least he can do is marry you, am I right or am I wrong?”

“Dad, I’m not going to be getting married anytime soon. I’m not ready for that, and we invited you on this vacation because I missed you and Harry wanted to get on good terms with you; but if you keep insisting on belittling him and making him feel bad. Then I’d prefer for you to not agree to these trips.”

He sighed standing up, “Alright, I’m sorry. But understand where I’m coming from. I only want the best for you and James.”

“And that’s us being with Harry” I murmured, “I’ll go get James, and then we can pick up Meagan for dinner.”

Gemma and Anne had insisted on taking James for the day out on the beach while Harry’s stepfather and my dad went out to play golf, leaving Harry and I alone to do whatever we please for the day.

“You’re gorgeous, you know that?” Harry looked over at me, we were out laying in the sun not worrying about press or fans.

Smiling I pecked his lips, “You tell me on a daily basis.”

“I love you” he added.

It was my turn to look at him, “I love you too Haz, what’s this about?”

“James turns one in a bit, and it made me start thinking. How time is just an illusion, and everything goes by in a blink of an eye. And I’m thankful for these moments, getting to be with you and James and my family and yours.”

“Haz you’re scaring me, are you sure everything’s alright?”

He chuckled, “Everything’s fine, no it’s perfect. I love you and I wanted you to know how much you mean to me.”

Tears formed in my eyes as I launched myself at him, hugging him tightly; “You and James mean everything to me too, I know we’ve had our problems but I couldn’t imagine them with anyone else.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry. Don't hate me. I'm on vacation and updating from my phone is nearly impossible