Status: slowly progressing

Be Like You

Fearles

“Spill. What’s got you all giggly” Meagan cornered me after dinner; I was tired from the photo shoot, interview and signing and didn’t want to have this conversation at the moment.

Before I could say anything my phone beeped, letting me know I had another text message and before I could stop her she took my phone and read it before looking at me and
shrieking, “Are you mental? Have you lost your mind?”

I rolled my eyes at her little show, “Megs, chill. We’re just talking” I muttered taking my phone back, a smile betraying me as I read the message.

“Elizabeth. You can’t do this. What if you break them apart” Meagan asked worried.

“Look. We’re just talking, no flirting, and no dates. Just talking. As friends” I emphasized the last word.

“Then the smile?”

I looked away, “He said something funny”.

“Meagan he called you babe. And how did you get his number any way?”

“He must have stolen my phone when he sat next me at dinner tonight” I told her simply.

“Just watch what you’re doing. As your friend I don’t need to see you fall for him. As your
manager I don’t want you to be known for breaking up One Direction.” She warned me.

“Meagan, he’s not even my type” I added to calm her down.

“Yes, because every girl can say no to a mysterious bad boy” she scoffed.

“Okay, Zayn is not some mysterious bad boy” I assured her.

“Remember the boys said he was seeing someone else too”

Nodding I headed to my room, tomorrow we were all at the studio to practice our songs and I wanted to get my choreography done before starting with my contestant.

Wearing baggy sweat pants, a hoodie with a tank top under and a pair of UGG boots with my long hair up in a messy bun I walked into the studio taking a sip of my coffee while texting my neighbor who was watching Lucas.

Jet lag was still affecting me and I was only surviving off caffeine. Stepping into the lounge room I looked around, mentally cursing myself for not having waited for Meagan. The only other person in the room was Harry and if I walked out now I would have nothing to do.

Sitting on the couch away from him I stretched my legs and drank my coffee while going back to my phone, I could feel his gaze on me as I typed away.

“How long are you going to ignore me?” he finally muttered making me put my phone down as I looked at him.

“I’m not ignoring you” I noted softly.

“So you talking to all my mates except for me. That’s just you being polite?”

I rolled my eyes, “I’m not ignoring you, and you haven’t said a word. Last time I checked you couldn't stop talking. What changed?”

He stayed silent, “So yeah, before you go accusing me of shit. Get your story straight” I muttered getting up and walking away only to be pulled back by my arm.

“I have to go practice my choreography. Can you let me go?” asking nicely must have worked because he let go, “And I never told you congratulations” he noted, “I knew it was a good idea for you to be single during the competition”.

My head snapped back to look at him when he said that, “What?”

“I knew it wasn’t a good idea for you to be in a relationship while the competition occurred, so I ended things” he explained slowly.

I would have killed him right here myself with my own bare hands, if Meagan had not walked in with the rest of the guys laughing. They all looked at Harry and I, expecting us for to say something. I simply walked out of the room quickly.

Meagan followed me calling my name until I reached the bathroom, tears sliding down my face as I leaned against a wall to support myself. Giving up I slid down on the floor just holding myself as the sobs shook me.

Funny, how such simple words could kill me so easily even months after they were first said.

Meagan looked at me when she found me in the bathroom and just sat next to me, letting me cry.

“What did he say?” she asked softly as I ran out of tears to cry.

“He told me he ended things so that my mind would be on the competition not him. I spent months crying myself to sleep, feeling like shit and that I wasn’t worth it to anyone. Do you realize how much I put myself down? How depressed I’ve become, and I hate myself even more for letting myself be affected by one boy. One boy who took everything from me.” the tears happened to start after that.

I knew I wasn’t happy, I was lying to myself if I said that I was okay, even after all these months.

“It’s always hard to get over our first love, I know that too. But you can’t let it control your life. What you had with him was special and it will always be, but you’ll find something more special with who you were meant to be” she cooed cleaning my face from the mascara trail.

“I know what song I want to sing tomorrow night” I murmured standing up and walking over to the sink to clean my face and get ready for rehearsal.

Nodding she looked at me in the reflection of the mirror, “What song?”

“Fearless” walking out of the bathroom I headed towards the stage where the production members were already waiting for me.

Grabbing a stool I told the piano player what song I would be using and got comfortable in the middle of the stage as someone handed me my microphone.

I looked down at the purple microphone Harry had given me for Christmas, the thing that had started everything like a domino effect.

Closing my eyes I waited for the tempo to start, and as the piano started I reminded myself everything that I had been feeling when I wrote this song.

I noticed people sitting in the audience but the lights didn’t allow me to see their faces.

Song

Harry's POV
The lads ushered me to the front row of the stage, they wanted to see Lizzie Perform live. And from what I had seen from the YouTube videos of her singing live I knew that her performances were amazing.

A grin formed on my face as I saw the purple microphone in her hands while the piano started; the same microphone I had given her for christmas, “Harry, mate. What’s that smile for?” Louis asked confused, “You don’t fancy her already do you?”

I shook my head, I never told the guys about Lizzie. For starters they would have never believed me about knowing her and having dated her for a while. They would have killed me for what I did to her, and I don’t understand how she hasn’t yet.

If that's the way you love. You've got to learn so much. If that's the way you say goodbye. And this is how it ends. And I'm alright within. Never going to see me cry. Cause I've cried

“Those lyrics are deep” Zayn muttered astounded.

Meagan took a seat next me, the boys didn’t notice as they were entranced with Lizzie singing. “She wrote this song during the first week of being in Hollywood. It’s about you” she murmured watching.

so oh woh oh woh oh..... If this is how it hurts. It couldn't get much worse. If this is how it feels to fall

As Lizzie kept singing Rebecca and Matt joined the rest of us as they watched, “Funny how she didn’t win first place. Someone with that much talent deserves to win” she noted.

If it's between love and losing. To never have known the feeling. Then I'd still side with love. And if I end up lonely. At least I will be there knowing . I believe in love.

“If we ever meet the guy who did this to Lizzie we’re gonna have a nice little chat with him” Lou stated as the song ended and Lizzie set the microphone in the stand and walked off stage keeping herself composed.

I hadn’t realized how much this could have affected her, I knew it was killing me but I always thought it was because I had liked her for so much longer than she had liked me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's a bit late.