Status: Active; Updates per subscriber or comment (:

Wings of Rebellion

IV

I really didn’t expect to be just thrown out to the cameras and crowds of weird looking people. Fireworks exploded around us as somehow the whole Capitol when dark even though it was in mid afternoon. Everyone awed at the explosion around me, chanting my name. “Asha, Asha, Asha.”

It was picture perfect when Drew reached up to grab my hand. We waved to everyone, smiling. I even blew a few kisses then suddenly a small little girl crossed in front of our chariot. My instincts took over so I quickly jumped down, in heels no less, pushing her out of harm’s way. The horses stopped and the girl’s mother thanked me profoundly.

I grinned,” Really it was no problem. I wouldn’t want someone to just stand by and let my child put his or her self in harm’s way.” I then squatted down to the little girl’s eye level,” Hey my name is Asha, what’s yours?”

She jumped up in excitement,” My name is Wily.”

I asked, making sure I’d heard her right,” Your name is Wily?”

She shook her head,” No, Wily.”

“ Wily?”

She said frustrated with herself,” Wwwily.”

Her mother stepped in,” Her name is Lily. She’s still learning how to pronounce her ‘l’.”

I smiled,” Oh. Well Lily, don’t you give up okay? You’ll get it soon!” I looked up at the chariot,” I best be getting back on.”

Lily rushed up to hug me,” Bye Ashy.”

I embraced her back,” Bye Lily.” I then made my way back onto the chariot while a loud clapping erupted from the crowd.

Drew said,” That was brilliant!”

I looked confused,” What?”

He answered,” Playing on the crowd’s emotions like that.”

I replied rather nastily,” I wasn’t playing on their emotions. I was helping that poor girl out. They probably would have just run her over if I hadn’t grabbed her.”

His eyes widened, but he keep quiet. The marching of the horses resumed and we were carried into a building. All the other tributes looked envies at us while other’s just glared hatefully. Thirteen’s chariot rolled in and we were ushered into another part of the building. Ely came walking in briskly,” Asha, Drew! You guys were a hit! You already have sponsors.”

Drew stretched his arm and then lazily but it on my waist. I smiled up sweetly, faking it of course. “What do you have your arm around me?”

He leaned down close to my face,” Because we are suppose to be acting the part of a couple.”

I leaned closer, acting like I was going to kiss him then shoved my knee up to meet his groin. “Only in front of the crowd, otherwise you better keep your hands off me.”

He fell to the ground as I asked Ely,” Is this were we’ll be staying until the actually Games?”

She frowned at Drew but answered me,” Yes. You guys will be training tomorrow with the other tributes.”

I nodded,” Who’s going to be showing us to our rooms?”

Drew stood up with Ely’s help,” Uh.. Just go into the elevator, press the floor twelve and there will be only two rooms one of them is yours.”

I hightailed it to the elevator and slammed the button that told the elevator to go upstairs. The doors closed and within a few seconds it dinged and the doors opened. My stylist hugged me tightly,” You were perfect!”

I gasped for air,” Can’t breath!”

He quickly let go before leading me to what I hoped was my room. He sat down on the white sheets of the bed,” The crowd just loved you.”

I smiled,” That’s good.”

He immediately dropped the smile,” What’s wrong?”

I brushed his worry away,” Nothing.”

He stared at me,” Tell me.”

I just shook my head,” It’s nothing. I don’t want to be rude but I’m really tired so..” I trailed off as the door slammed shut. Way to give me time to get my sentence out.

I just strapped down to my bra and underwear, walked over to a speaker that I hoped was one like the train that gave you clothes. “ A tank top and shorts please?”

It popped up a screen. I selected a dark blue tank top along with some black dance shorts. It whizzed into the room, shoving the clothes on my body. I heaved myself on to the soft white bed and let sleep over take me.

“Ashy! Watch me.” My little brother, Aaron, stood proudly as he stretched his bow. I smiled at him while dad showed him how to shoot properly.

He let go of an arrow,” Yay.” It sunk into a near by tree close to a squirrel.

Dad smiled but mom was quick to say,” Aim a little higher next time. Hey Asha what don’t you try?”

I shook my head quickly, I didn’t like killing poor animals. Mom shoved the bow into my hand, positioning them in the right places on the bow. She then let go of me,” Now, try to take the squirrel down.”

I let loose of the arrow. It hit the animal right in the eye, seems like I was a born hitter.

Mom hugged me,” Good job, baby!”

I smiled as dad and Aaron jumped in for a family hug. Oh, how I love my family.


I woke up, crying. I miss my family so much.
♠ ♠ ♠
I got a subscriber! :) So this chapter is dedicated to you! Tell me what you think (: